Back button on machine project pages

Threads moved from the Suggestions forum after implementation

Moderators: Public Relations Department, Players Department

Agar

Back button on machine project pages

Postby Agar » Tue Jan 18, 2005 3:36 pm

It's currently rather hard to browse what projects you have the tools for when you can't go back to the events page from the clothing selection page. Could that get slapped on there?
Reality was never my strong point.
Surly

Postby Surly » Thu Jan 20, 2005 4:18 am

On the subject of back buttons... can we have one on the machine subjects? So we can decide against a subject and choose another without the annoiying "0 of 0g needed" projects. They really are very irritating considering a back button is all that is needed... :evil:
Formerly known as "The Surly Cantrian"
Former CD chair, former MD chair, former RD member, former Personnel Officer, former GAB member.
wichita
Administrator Emeritus

Postby wichita » Thu Jan 20, 2005 5:37 am

My web browser came with a preinstalled back button that seems to be Cantr II compliant for the time being.
"Y-O-U! It's just two extra letters! Come on, people! This is the internet, not a barn!" --Kid President
Nick

Postby Nick » Fri Jan 28, 2005 7:52 am

Oh ya, smart guy?
Try selecting one type of clothing to make, but before "continuing to manufacturing", press back and select another. See what happens. Or on a smelting furnace, select "smelting iron (coal)", and then press back and select something else.
*mumbles about know-it-all new people* :wink:
Jur Schagen
Administrator Emeritus

Postby Jur Schagen » Fri Jan 28, 2005 11:44 am

Nick wrote:Oh ya, smart guy?
Try selecting one type of clothing to make, but before "continuing to manufacturing", press back and select another. See what happens. Or on a smelting furnace, select "smelting iron (coal)", and then press back and select something else.
*mumbles about know-it-all new people* :wink:

OK.. change "compliant" to "mostly compliant" and he's right, Nick. And bashing newbies is a bad habit imho.

Jur.
wichita
Administrator Emeritus

Postby wichita » Fri Jan 28, 2005 2:41 pm

It's not smart guy... it's smart ass! :D Darn my subtle sarcasm... :roll:

Yes, the pages w/o the back button annoy me too, and I am aware of the errors when not bowing to the demands of the server.
"Y-O-U! It's just two extra letters! Come on, people! This is the internet, not a barn!" --Kid President
formerly known as hf

Postby formerly known as hf » Sun Jan 30, 2005 12:55 pm

Do not submit yourself to the will of the server - VIVA LA RESISTANCE - I call on you all to USE THE BACK BUTTON ON YOUR BROWSER

ahem...
Whoever you vote for.

The government wins.
Nick

Postby Nick » Sun Jan 30, 2005 6:36 pm

Jur Schagen wrote:OK.. change "compliant" to "mostly compliant" and he's right, Nick. And bashing newbies is a bad habit imho.
Jur.

Ah, he gets the point, and you don't.
I wasn't bashing "newbies". He sounds pretty knowledgable and I was only joking.
Surly

Postby Surly » Wed Feb 16, 2005 12:05 am

:evil:

Although people always seem to have fun posting irrelevant remarks on these kind of posts... I really do want this to be taken seriously. The lack of a back button really does irritate me - and shouldn't be too hard to implement. Can someone from the Prog. Department at least post on this thread to reassure me that my point has been recognised...

Former CD chair, former MD chair, former RD member, former Personnel Officer, former GAB member.
Nick

Postby Nick » Wed Feb 16, 2005 12:54 am

The Surly Cantrian wrote::evil:

Although people always seem to have fun posting irrelevant remarks on these kind of posts... I really do want this to be taken seriously. The lack of a back button really does irritate me - and shouldn't be too hard to implement. Can someone from the Prog. Department at least post on this thread to reassure me that my point has been recognised...

For smaller problems like that, it's best to report it to Flyspray. Things get solved a lot faster when you add them there, I find.

The forum, as it appears to me, mainly serves the purpose of showing the Programming Department what players feel about bigger changes and ideas, and what features the players feel are the most important for the game to improve.
Surly

Postby Surly » Wed Feb 16, 2005 1:05 am

I have done so... much as I dislike Flyspray...
TatteredShoeLace

Postby TatteredShoeLace » Wed Feb 16, 2005 3:50 am

I don't know if it just my browser, but when I select a clothing article to make, it just refreshes the page once...kinda small but when you want to learn how to make things it gets annoying...anyone else have this problem?
1223-4: You kill a elephant using a longbow.

Nick wrote:If you don't check your characters once a day, you're not going anywhere in Cantr. :P
formerly known as hf

Postby formerly known as hf » Wed Feb 16, 2005 4:05 am

laces>
if you select an item of clothing, then use "the back button" to go back because it's used for anything else? then (for some reason - and I'm sure it's a good one ;)) if you click on another item of clothing, then it just refreshes. You have to use the 'back to manufacturing' or whatever the link is named to get back to a list that will work...
Whoever you vote for.

The government wins.
Surly

Postby Surly » Wed Feb 16, 2005 4:13 pm

All part of the reason I would like some kind of back buttons on all pages...
Surly

Postby Surly » Fri Mar 25, 2005 1:05 am

I posted this on flyspray a month ago, as suggested. Has anyone from prog actually seen my request? It's just a simple back button, nothing that complicated.

Please!

Return to “Implemented Suggestions”