Wheelbarrow

Threads moved from the Suggestions forum after implementation

Moderators: Public Relations Department, Players Department

Claivuus

Postby Claivuus » Sun Sep 05, 2004 5:37 am

I've RP'd illness.... just small things, like stomach aches, though... I haven't got into cold or flu... although a cold wouldn't be that much harder than a stomach ache... *ponders the concept of RPing a cold* ..... No. Rather not...
Nick

Postby Nick » Fri Sep 10, 2004 3:41 pm

Oh Oh! I know what a wheelbarrow does!
Appleide

Postby Appleide » Sat Sep 11, 2004 12:27 pm

NetherSpawn wrote:
Oasis wrote:Even though one might not be able to find the proper use of an item, it's mere existence for your char allows them the ability to role play regarding it. Like sweeping a house, or throwing an ill person into the tub, and healing them. :P

Perhaps I'm overly oppressive, but those actions seem to me to be CR breaches. If Cantr characters were meant to sweep houses, there would be a function and project attached, and it would have an effect. Something done over an extensive period of time seems to me to require a project. At the very least you'd have to not be doing a real project at the time or it would be awfully strange.
Also, Cantr does not have illness, all illness is imaginary, and tubs don't heal people... unless someone lied and told you that they were real, I can't see your character believing such myths. Besides, moving people around is a specific action, covered by the drag project. There isn't another way to move characters other than yourself.

Evere heard of mental illness?
Chris Johnson

Postby Chris Johnson » Tue Jun 20, 2006 10:48 am

The wheelbarrow and the improved wheelbarrow now speed up road improvement projects by a factor of 1.5 and 2 respectively. A shovel is still required

Moved from general discussion to implemented suggestions
Phalynx

Postby Phalynx » Tue Jun 20, 2006 12:18 pm

Woot 21 months.. Excellent!
R.I.P:
Blake Stone, Jizz Bucket, Patterson Queasley, Billy Sherwood, Chavlet D'Arcy, Johnson.
creepyguyinblack

Postby creepyguyinblack » Fri Jun 23, 2006 7:47 pm

So it increases each individual's effort towards roadbuilding that is holding the wheelbarrow or does each participant need to have their own for the benefit?
“We are beginning to see intimations of this in the implantation of computer devices into the human body.”

Ray Kurzweil quotes
Chris Johnson

Postby Chris Johnson » Sat Jun 24, 2006 8:06 am

The increased productivity is just for those equipped with the wheelbarrow - just like any tool boosted project
Avathar

Postby Avathar » Mon Jul 31, 2006 10:05 am

How should we roleplay things like this.

Does everybody just know suddenly that the wheelbarrow is helpful when building roads? When the wheelbarrow had no effect all the time before this implementation except for the use when people wanted to roleplay with it.
Schaduwen zijn er om in te wandelen
tiddy ogg

Postby tiddy ogg » Mon Jul 31, 2006 2:39 pm

I'm sure there are ig ways... "Hey a man I met said if you use the barrow like this... it helps a lot", as if no-one had thought of filling it up before.
Avathar

Postby Avathar » Mon Jul 31, 2006 4:37 pm

But I haven't met the man who told me that. So my character would 'know' it out of nothing. That way I won't have a good feeling about my own RP.
Schaduwen zijn er om in te wandelen
tiddy ogg

Postby tiddy ogg » Mon Jul 31, 2006 4:53 pm

*raised eyebrows*
"Hey fellas, I reckon I can use this barrow to help. Just you watch"
Start work, let them see the progress you're making.
Of course, if your char is the local village idiot, this might turn him into a genius, but that's presumably why the French invented the term "idiot savant".

Return to “Implemented Suggestions”