Plague! (If piles of corpses would start making people sick)

Threads moved from the Suggestions forum after implementation

Moderators: Public Relations Department, Players Department

SekoETC

Plague! (If piles of corpses would start making people sick)

Postby SekoETC » Wed Jul 07, 2004 9:56 am

In many places there are dozens of corpses lying around and no one bothers to bury them as there's better things to do. The corpses may jam the projects page or the objects, but they have no other annoying abilities. Thus I suggest that having piles rotting corpses around would eventually cause a plague of some sort. The chance with only a few corpses would be minimal, but it would grow as the numbers increase. Finally the area should be abbandoned even though there were good resources. There would be contaminated ghost towns..

People burying the corpses would have smaller chance of catching the plague if they wore some kind of gloves and maybe a face wrap. Mainly the ones to touch the corpses (burying/searching inventory for clothes) would have greater chance of getting sick, but if there were many unburied corpses, everyone could be getting ill.

How the plague shows up then? At least there should be a significant loss of health (at least 25%). Food, especially meat would get spoiled in inventories (there would be a note in the events that "You find x grams of rotten y in your inventory and throw it away"). It would also be good if having the plague would show up in character description ("He/She has (some) blisters (all over his/her skin)" - wether there were only a little or a huge amount of blisters would be determined by how long the person has been influenced by the corpses.) Then there could be "You see a man in his twenties coughting blood." if that's not too gross.

I think this is a good idea, otherwise I wouldn't post this, so please somebody reply!
Not-so-sad panda
Sparkle

Postby Sparkle » Wed Jul 07, 2004 7:57 pm

Well, it would surely stop people from ignoring all the dead bodies.
a day without cantr, is a day spent in bed convulsing and suffering from withdrawl
The Crazed Sheep

Postby The Crazed Sheep » Wed Jul 07, 2004 9:22 pm

It would also set the stage for bio-chemical warfare! Mwa-ha-ha!
"I'm not a moose, I'm a pig wearing an origami hat with antlers!"
- The Dark Lord Chuckles, the Silly Piggy
trage

Postby trage » Wed Jul 07, 2004 10:37 pm

Yes I think this isa very good idea Seko, the problem is they are already implementing diseases, but they aren't there yet, so I think they should implement this too once they get diseases implemented.

Return to “Implemented Suggestions”