[3] Investigate possibility/prototype for use of Piwik

Threads moved from the Suggestions forum after implementation

Moderators: Public Relations Department, Players Department

Greek
Programming Dept. Member/Translator-Polish

[3] Investigate possibility/prototype for use of Piwik

Postby Greek » Sun Sep 21, 2014 10:28 pm

I've already enabled google analytics for intro server. Unfortunately data we see is useless for us (bad) but can be useful for big brother (bad).

Piwik is analytics tool similar to google analytics. It has two very big pros:
- all user data is stored locally, so it'll be harder for NSA to make use of it. This way we can keep our users' privacy (a bit more).
- it should be possible to integrate it into our php code and run in index.php, so for example we can bypass our url encryption code

http://piwik.org/
I'd like to know somebody knows how to set it up for Cantr and see prototype/working code how to integrate it to collect all interesting data.

Our mail goal is learning about new visitors and newbies on intro, so it'd nice to have separate data sets for cantr.net and intro.cantr.net
Please make sure it's easy to set up on local test environment of ProgD members or easy to turn it off.
‘Never! Run before you walk! Fly before you crawl! Keep moving forward! You think we should try to get a decent mail service in the city. I think we should try to send letters anywhere in the world! Because if we fail, I’d rather fail really hugely’
Greek
Programming Dept. Member/Translator-Polish

Re: [3] Investigate possibility/prototype for use of Piwik

Postby Greek » Thu Mar 05, 2015 10:44 am

It was implemented.
‘Never! Run before you walk! Fly before you crawl! Keep moving forward! You think we should try to get a decent mail service in the city. I think we should try to send letters anywhere in the world! Because if we fail, I’d rather fail really hugely’

Return to “Implemented Suggestions”