Lace Veils
10%
Lace Gloves
10%

Total votes: 293
kicking jay

Re: Lace

Postby kicking jay » Wed Jul 02, 2014 10:26 am

Oooohoohohooboy. Suggestion? Instead of cotton yarn, it uses string for everything.
Melodianme13

Postby Melodianme13 » Wed Jul 02, 2014 10:27 am

Yes, I was wanting to make some type of suggestion to make lace but my friend talked me out of it because some clothing already has lace and it is easily used in descriptions already. Plus I was looking into the lace making and I was easily confused by it. So thanks for the suggestion. That picture does make it seem easier to understand.

And string? Hm... That could be an idea as well.
SekoETC

Postby SekoETC » Wed Jul 02, 2014 10:46 am

Let's not use string, since that can be made out of sinew and clothing made completely out of sinew sounds icky.

For lace dresses, I would still partially use cloth because lace is transparent and people probably wouldn't want a dress to be see-through, at least around the crotch and breasts.

I could easily come up with more crocheted items, it's just that everything needs to be approved by a GAB member, which forms a bottle neck.
Not-so-sad panda
Melodianme13

Postby Melodianme13 » Wed Jul 02, 2014 10:57 am

Yes... I definitely see your point with that. I will go through later and add cloth to some of the items after I've had some sleep. Some items I would leave cloth out of like the veils, lingerie, tights, shoes.
computaertist

Postby computaertist » Thu Jul 03, 2014 4:17 am

SekoETC wrote:Let's not use string, since that can be made out of sinew and clothing made completely out of sinew sounds icky.

I kid you not, if string were used, I have a character who would stop everything and build a twiner if they can afford the iron (or else start planning a long visit to a town they know has a twiner) and make and wear at least three sets of all-sinew lace things. I don't even care that that will give them away as me to whoever meets them if we can make much of this out of string.
Mark Twain wrote:Truth is stranger than fiction, but it is because Fiction is obliged to stick to possibilities; Truth isn't.
kicking jay

Postby kicking jay » Thu Jul 03, 2014 4:29 am

Maybe we should just go ahead and remove the ability to make string out of sinew... I mean, the fact that spun silk and spun animal tendon result in the same product is a bit absurd. Cotton's okay; hemp's a bit of a stretch, but sinew!? I mean, yeah, it's fibery, but...

I don't know. I like the idea of making lace out of string a lot.

(Alternately, we could finally start tracing the origin of raws and telling what the final product has in it......)
computaertist

Postby computaertist » Thu Jul 03, 2014 4:31 am

kicking jay wrote:(Alternately, we could finally start tracing the origin of raws and telling what the final product has in it......)

This, please, would save me the trouble of specifying said character's lace things were made all out of sinew in the description, and would save others from having to wonder what their lace things were made of really.
Mark Twain wrote:Truth is stranger than fiction, but it is because Fiction is obliged to stick to possibilities; Truth isn't.
SekoETC

Postby SekoETC » Sun Jul 27, 2014 10:17 am

This site has an awesome lace-decorated dress!

http://www.gilt.com/brand/gold-hawk/pro ... trim-dress
Not-so-sad panda
JsWill

Postby JsWill » Sat Aug 02, 2014 8:36 pm

I'm not against more stuff, not at all.
SekoETC

Postby SekoETC » Tue Sep 09, 2014 1:43 pm

This has been discussed by RD, so it's likely to get implemented at some point.
Not-so-sad panda

Return to “Implemented Suggestions”