Soap.

Threads moved from the Suggestions forum after implementation

Moderators: Public Relations Department, Players Department

Yang

Re: Soap.

Postby Yang » Wed Feb 06, 2013 3:31 pm

Aurora wrote:
Doug R. wrote:Pressing oils was implemented and then discarded. It's assumed in the apothecary process, and going back would be a pain in the bum.

The curing process is assumed in the second project. After all, how long does it take to pour the trace into a mould?

I really don't think the whole project should last more than three days, because it's not gonna be used for anything other than RP, IMO.

And another idea, maybe use the already existing oils we have in game, like eucalyptus and such. And soda, for the saponification. (if soap would be really to minimize dirtyness, it'd have to be as realistic as possible, right?)

I think its possible that soap could be used not only for RP, but also for reducing dirtyness. Its depend if this will be accepted and implemented: Start using all status bars
freiana

Postby freiana » Wed Feb 06, 2013 5:07 pm

Like with a contract, read the small letters, Yang ;)
Don't remember where I was - I realized life was a game - The more seriously I took things - The harder the rules became
Yang

Postby Yang » Wed Feb 06, 2013 6:11 pm

I did, but also i read the big letters, and those say she think it wont be used for it. Right now almost all people like to implement dirtiness and soap is obvious choice for a tool to reduce it, also to be not repairable.
Oasis

Postby Oasis » Thu Feb 07, 2013 1:15 am

I agree with Yang, this is a perfect fit if/when dirtiness is implimented. Until then, we can just use the soap for rp purposes.
Chroma Key

Postby Chroma Key » Sat Jun 22, 2013 10:32 am

*bump*
"She could make something sound stupid just by hearing it.”
"For a short moment there, you almost sounded human."
Aurora

Postby Aurora » Tue Jul 30, 2013 5:40 pm

Bump again. As at first I didn't know what kind of soda was the one we use in game, if caustic soda or washing soda, and now that the information has been added to the wiki, and we know is washing soda, it could Really work :D
Into the darkness you shine
Out of the ashes we rise
There's no one like you
None like you!
Chroma Key

Postby Chroma Key » Wed Oct 09, 2013 9:46 am

*bump*
I intend to bump this weekly from now on. :P It is one of the best suggestions around.
"She could make something sound stupid just by hearing it.”
"For a short moment there, you almost sounded human."
Swingerzetta

Postby Swingerzetta » Wed Oct 09, 2013 8:59 pm

I was thinking about this suggestion yesterday. Particularly, if soap for people was deemed restrictive or something, clothing dirtiness could work, too. Like tools that get old, clothes would get dirty over time, and to clean them, you'd take them off (getting rid of the implication that we're all cartoon characters wearing the same clothes every day) and use them with a wash bin and soap in a laundry project.

The project could, like key reclaiming, take as many clothes as you want to add, within reason, without taking extra time. So someone with lots of clothes could let it pile up, and be totally clean simply by doing a large load of laundry once a week. It's like life. I don't know if that's a good thing or a bad thing.
Yang

Postby Yang » Wed Oct 09, 2013 10:02 pm

Putting keys to key reclaiming make one output resource - iron. Project cant have more different outputs. So to do your way it would need a big change in programing system. But washing single cloth would be possible, just like with tools. Just make it much slower to get it dirty.
Swingerzetta

Postby Swingerzetta » Thu Oct 10, 2013 12:11 am

Yang wrote:Putting keys to key reclaiming make one output resource - iron. Project cant have more different outputs. So to do your way it would need a big change in programing system. But washing single cloth would be possible, just like with tools. Just make it much slower to get it dirty.

I don't see why having to do a little coding makes a suggestion worthless. Look at animal domestication. that's much more complicated than what I talked about just now.
Yang

Postby Yang » Thu Oct 10, 2013 10:59 pm

I guess you wont do that coding, so you dont see it. But changing project system will need some work and what you can benefit from it? That you can clean few clothes in one project, and thats it. So i would say its not worth it.
Snickie
RD/HR Member/Translator-English (LD)

Postby Snickie » Fri Oct 11, 2013 3:07 am

Each tool repair gets its own project. Washing clothes wouldn't be any different.
Machine> washtub (or some equivalent)
Input: soap, dirty article of clothing
output: clean clothing article

Easy enough.
Swingerzetta

Postby Swingerzetta » Fri Oct 11, 2013 6:27 am

easy, sure. Just so time consuming that most people wouldn't bother. And Yang, there have been several suggestions in the past that would rely on multiple-resource projects, and were shot down for that reason. It would be useful for more than just convenient washing. But I've stated my take on this idea, I don't think it really requires more discussion.
I would like to say, though, that it would please me greatly if, in the future, technical objections were made only by those familiar with the technical side of things, so discussion can continue productively.
Yang

Postby Yang » Fri Oct 11, 2013 6:47 pm

Most people wouldn't bother, just like many don't bother to put any clothes, so why would they feel need to clean them anyway? Repairing tools is also time consuming, as many of them need 1-3 hours of work to make them as new. So some people take a lot of tools for repair and do it and earn this way. Why would not do same with clothes? Person would earn on doing somebody laundry? If washing could be a project in a bucket, then it could be done everywhere. But i think to make it more real, maybe input should also take some water to do it?
Swingerzetta

Postby Swingerzetta » Sat Oct 12, 2013 2:41 am

Yes, I would like to see cleaning require water, whether it's cleaning of clothes or bodies.

Return to “Implemented Suggestions”