New accessories

Threads moved from the Suggestions forum after implementation

Moderators: Public Relations Department, Players Department

Which ones would you like to see in the game?

pearl belt
14%
silver coin belt
14%
gold coin belt
14%
wood bead bracelet
14%
silver glass bead bracelet
14%
turquoise anklet
15%
emerald anklet
14%
none of the above
No votes

Total votes: 208
SekoETC

New accessories

Postby SekoETC » Fri Feb 07, 2014 5:54 pm

Decorative belts

pearl belt

a delicate belt made of pearls joined together with gold rests loosely around the wearer's waist. The largest of the pearls is set in the middle, framed with patterned gold, with a short tail dangling down from it

60 grams of pearls
50 grams of gold
10 grams of nickel

days: 3
Tools: pliers, bodkin, peen hammer, soldering iron

silver coin belt

http://ageofjewels.com/fabulous-vintage ... -108-p.asp This site doesn't allow hotlinking pictures.

an eye-catching chain belt made of silver, decorated with small, dangling silver coins. Closer inspection reveals each coin to be stamped or engraved with a detailed pattern

Raws: 100 grams of silver
Tools: pliers, bodkin, peen hammer
Days: 5

golden coin belt

a stunning network of delicate gold chains and coins rests upon the wearer's hips, jingling when the person moves

Raws: 100 grams of gold
Tools: pliers, bodkin, peen hammer
Days: 5

Bracelets:

wood bead bracelet

a fancy bracelet consisting of multiple strands threaded with small wooden beads, mixed with longer polygonal pieces that keep the threads apart

60 grams of wood
30 grams of string
days: 1
Tools: carving knife, needle

silver and glass bead bracelet

a wide bracelet consisting of multiple strands of tiny glass beads, separated by narrow, elaborately decorated pieces of silver threaded perpendicular to the strands

20 grams of silver
50 grams of glass beads
30 grams of string
Days: 2
Tools: peen hammer, bodkin, needle

Anklets (category: socks)

silver turquoise anklet

polished turquoise beads threaded on interlinking pieces of twisted silver wire worn around the ankle. There are also some small silver charms dangling from the chain

raws: 60 grams of turquoise, 50 grams of silver
days: 2
tools: pliers, grinder, bodkin, peen hammer

emerald and diamonds anklet

a delicate anklet featuring faceted emerald beads and smaller diamonds connected by narrow pieces of silver

raws: 60 grams of emeralds, 30 grams of diamonds, 60 grams of silver
days: 2
tools: pliers, grinder
Not-so-sad panda
Chroma Key

Re: New accessories

Postby Chroma Key » Fri Feb 07, 2014 6:03 pm

It would be great if the anklets could be made with both silver and gold. I know I would prefer the emerald anklet in silver.
"She could make something sound stupid just by hearing it.”
"For a short moment there, you almost sounded human."
SekoETC

Postby SekoETC » Fri Feb 07, 2014 6:11 pm

I meant to type silver in the requirements but somehow wrote gold instead. It would be good to have one with gold as well but even one item is better than none.
Not-so-sad panda
thamior757

Postby thamior757 » Fri Feb 07, 2014 6:12 pm

All of it, love it. More options is always a good thing. The anklets are good, too. I haven't really seen too many out there. I've been thinking about suggesting easier/more primitive versions.

But good ideas!
Circumlocution built under her expectant gaze, her lips ushering a soft sigh. He resigned, face flush. Next up ordered a venti latte.
Chroma Key

Postby Chroma Key » Fri Feb 07, 2014 6:52 pm

SekoETC wrote:I meant to type silver in the requirements but somehow wrote gold instead. It would be good to have one with gold as well but even one item is better than none.

True, but why have one when we can have two? :wink:
And those coin belts are a step in the right direction for my char's belly dancing costume. :)
catwill

Postby catwill » Fri Feb 07, 2014 7:54 pm

Please, please, please yes, I have a char who NEEDS the gold coin belt. :D
And when I walk I'm a cyclone
You should see it get rolling
Open my heart and emotions rip out of me
My emotions rip out of me

-Liz Phair
Marian

Postby Marian » Fri Feb 07, 2014 9:10 pm

Voted for all, with special emphasis on the gold coin belt. I've been browsing the wiki coming up with ideas for a character's future outfit, and there's really a surprising lack of variety in gold jewelry compared to some of the other stuff out there.

Also Seko as long as I'm here can I borrow your thread to put in a request for...well let's call it a 'large gold paneled necklace'?

Something sort of like this, possibly in plain and ornate varieties? I keep picturing this character with a sort of Egyptian look, and the hammered gold necklace just doesn't quite cut it.

Large gold paneled necklace:
A heavy-looking necklace of large, flat squares of gold linked by short chains.

Ornate large paneled necklace:
Large, flat panels of gold have been engraved with intricate designs and linked together with short chains.

Or something like that? The difference being that the second one requires a soldering iron and an extra day to make.

I also like seeing different kinds of beads incorporated into jewelry, even if you're still just using wood and turquoise by the gram. I've actually been toying with the idea of starting a thread asking about getting more variety there...we have glass and clay beads to decorate clothes with, why not wood or bone or various metals?
SekoETC

Postby SekoETC » Fri Feb 07, 2014 9:41 pm

Looks very angular. I don't think it would look like much without the pattern, so I don't think a plain version would be necessary.
Not-so-sad panda
Marian

Postby Marian » Fri Feb 07, 2014 9:49 pm

Well it doesn't have to look exactly like that, it's just one of the first things that popped up in an image search. For the plain one I was thinking again of something more like one of those huge Egyptian necklaces.
SekoETC

Postby SekoETC » Fri Feb 07, 2014 9:57 pm

It's always good to find a picture so awesome that it almost gives people a nose bleed.

Here's one I found searching for Egyptian necklace:

Not-so-sad panda
Marian

Postby Marian » Fri Feb 07, 2014 10:05 pm

SekoETC wrote:It's always good to find a picture so awesome that it almost gives people a nose bleed.

Here's one I found searching for Egyptian necklace:

Wow, that one is nice.

But here, I managed to find one a little more like what I had in mind:

Or this thing here that Rameses is wearing, though that's less of a necklace and more of a...collar, I guess? Actually I'm not really sure what to call this one...

guy_fawkes

Postby guy_fawkes » Mon Mar 24, 2014 1:19 pm

Absolute genius! But since belts are not supposed to do anything but hold up your pants, I don't think its gonna be implemented. Sorry. But the necklaces and such might. oh and that thigh high wedding anklet that brides wear would be good too.
Chroma Key

Postby Chroma Key » Mon Mar 24, 2014 3:18 pm

As we constantly seem to be telling you that such and such already exists in the game... Once again, there are belts in the game and this suggestion is for further varieties. There are several items in the game that are not purely purpose-built.

I really do want the anklets!!!
SekoETC

Postby SekoETC » Mon Mar 24, 2014 3:23 pm

Since everything has 20 votes or more, I'm moving this to accepted. Bear in mind, though that there are several topics that haven't been implemented yet.
Not-so-sad panda
guy_fawkes

Postby guy_fawkes » Mon Mar 31, 2014 12:54 pm

Chroma Key wrote:As we constantly seem to be telling you that such and such already exists in the game... Once again, there are belts in the game and this suggestion is for further varieties. There are several items in the game that are not purely purpose-built.

I really do want the anklets!!!

I know there are belts in the game. I was merely suggesting that it is unlikely to find ones that don't do belt things, implemented. Not impossible, just find it unlikely. And no, I was not aware about the clothes not purpse-built. My bad.

Return to “Implemented Suggestions”