Seeing outside weather with open window

Threads moved from the Suggestions forum after implementation

Moderators: Public Relations Department, Players Department

Should we be able to see weather from a building with an open window to the outside?

:mrgreen: Yes yes yes oh my god yes!
100%
:evil: Nooooooo you're such an idiot why would we need this (Comment please!)
No votes
:roll: I could care less, it's just another block of text.
No votes
:?: I don't understand your suggestion. (Comment please!)
No votes

Total votes: 27
Snickie
RD/HR Member/Translator-English (LD)

Seeing outside weather with open window

Postby Snickie » Wed Jan 08, 2014 3:16 pm

Right now we can do so many things with open windows like pass notes, whisper, roleplay kinky sex between two characters in different buildings, etc etc etc. But we can't see weather.

I suggest that we're able to see weather outside when we're in the first room of a building with an open window. There doesn't have to be a notification; just a blurb of text on the Location page.

Something like this:

"Windy" would only show up if outside it said "fast wind" or anything stronger than that. Anything less and nothing would show up.
Marian

Re: Seeing outside weather with open window

Postby Marian » Wed Jan 08, 2014 3:34 pm

Going with 'Yes yes yes oh my god yes!' :mrgreen:

I don't see how you can be sitting next to an open window and somehow not notice when it starts pouring down rain, and sometimes it'd be nice to know these things without actually having to step outside in it.

'Hey is that blizzard still going?'
'Oh I have no idea, let me step fully outside and then look around a minute to check.' :lol:

Notifications would be kind of nice too, but I'd be happy enough with just the location tab.
Chroma Key

Postby Chroma Key » Wed Jan 08, 2014 4:13 pm

Can you please keep the poll options more neutral? Just because someone wants to vote no, it doesn't mean they think along the lines of what follows no.
I have voted yes, by the way.
I don't think we should be getting notifications when our chars are inside. They're not just sitting there, constantly watching the weather, are they? Although, it wouldn't surprise me if some of them did just that. Still, you get my drift. Checking under the location tab would be just fine.
"She could make something sound stupid just by hearing it.”
"For a short moment there, you almost sounded human."
Vega

Postby Vega » Wed Jan 08, 2014 7:20 pm

Maybe we could have a small button next to the knock the door (or in objects, next to close the window) to check the time. Honestly, I can't be a whole day next to a window without realize the weather outside (it it's not a biiig storm or something like that...) :roll:
Quebec Lima Delta November
Something like a story
Greek
Programming Dept. Member/Translator-Polish

Postby Greek » Sat Jan 11, 2014 11:39 pm

Moving to accepted.

In a form shown in first post.
‘Never! Run before you walk! Fly before you crawl! Keep moving forward! You think we should try to get a decent mail service in the city. I think we should try to send letters anywhere in the world! Because if we fail, I’d rather fail really hugely’
Greek
Programming Dept. Member/Translator-Polish

Postby Greek » Mon Jan 13, 2014 7:11 pm

Implemented.
The only change is that any wind speed is visible, because it was easier to do.
‘Never! Run before you walk! Fly before you crawl! Keep moving forward! You think we should try to get a decent mail service in the city. I think we should try to send letters anywhere in the world! Because if we fail, I’d rather fail really hugely’

Return to “Implemented Suggestions”