More Clothes!

Threads moved from the Suggestions forum after implementation

Moderators: Public Relations Department, Players Department

Sooooooooo?

Yes!
79%
No!
No votes
Meh - maybe with some differences (please write in discussion)
21%

Total votes: 24
Poldora

More Clothes!

Postby Poldora » Sun Aug 11, 2013 11:31 pm

I love clothes and I'd like to see even more please :D

So I propose more clothes (and shoes):

- Short Cotton Cloak (think red riding hood)

o A waist length, flowing cotton cloak with hood

§ 600g of Cotton Cloth

- Short Cotton Dress

o A simple dress of soft cotton covers the wearer’s body. The sleeves are wide and comfortable; the length comes to just above the knee in a pretty flare.

§ 400g of Cotton Cloth (similar to chemise but not as technically difficult – doesn’t need scissors and no pattern)

- Short Denim Dress

o A short denim dress featuring a row of tiny buttons on wide straps. It fits close to the hips and ends and then knee.

§ 300g Denim

§ (I assume the buttons are for strap display) 10 Buttons / (if not for straps but down centre of dress) 5 Buttons

- Short Sleeved Denim Dress

o A short denim dress with short sleeves and a simple peter pan collar. It buttons up down the front and fits close to the hips and ends at the knee.

§ 350g Denim

§ 5 buttons

- Short Hemp Dress

o A simple hemp dress that ends at the knee with seams at the shoulders and sides and no sleeves or decoration.

§ 350g Hemp Cloth

- Short Wool Dress (similar to the wool shift but with a waist)

o A thin wool dress hangs from the shoulders and falls to mid-thigh. It is pulled in at the waist to give an hour-glass shape. (like a skater dress)

§ 250g Wool Cloth

- Short Knit Wool Dress

o A thick knit wool dress hangs from the shoulders and falls to just above the knee with a zigzag pattern.

§ 300g Wool Yarn

- Short Plain Silk Dress (which isn’t oriental like the rest)

o A short silk dress which ends at the knee with thin straps which go over the shoulders.

§ 150g Silk Cloth

- Short Strapless Silk Dress

o A strapless silk dress that ends just above the knee. It has a sweetheart neckline and it clings to the wearer’s waist.

§ 125g Silk Cloth

- Strapless Leather Dress

o A classy but tight strapless dress made of leather. It extends to the knee and shows off the wearer’s body.

§ 300g Leather

- Short Leather Dress

o A tight dress which clings to every curve and ends at mid-thigh.

§ 200g Leather

- Cotton Jacket

o A light, airy cotton jacket with a wide peter pan collar.

§ 300g Cotton Cloth

- Cotton Blouse

o A cotton shirt fitted to the wearer’s body to flatter the figure.

§ 250g Cotton Cloth

- Short Cotton Skirt

o A cotton skirt which ends mid-thigh in a slight flare

§ 200g Cotton Cloth

- Short Hemp Skirt

o A skirt made of hemp which goes straight down to the knee.

§ 200g Hemp Cloth

- Tight Wool Skirt (similar to the plain wool skirt)

o A tight fitting thin wool skirt which hugs the thighs ending just at the knee.

§ 300g Wool Cloth

- Short Pleated Wool Skirt

o A wool skirt with elaborate pleats rests lightly on the hips. It is hemmed at mid-thigh.

§ 350g Wool Cloth

- Cotton Tights

o A thin pair of cotton tights which sit around the waist and cover the wearer’s feet.

§ 100g Cotton Cloth

- Wool Tights

o A thick pair of wool tights which sit around the waist and cover the wearer’s feet.

§ 100g Wool Cloth

- Patterned Wool Tights

o A pair of elaborately decorated pattern tights which sit around the waist and cover the wearer’s feet.

§ 100g Wool Yarn

- Cotton Knickers

o A pair of cotton knickers with fine lace round the edges

§ 100g Cotton Cloth

- Silk Briefs (one for the guys)

o An undergarment of silk satin that covers the groin, pelvic region and backside

§ 100g Silk Cloth

- Leather Knickers

o A pair of leather knickers which look more for show than comfort

§ 100g Leather

- 4” Heels

o A pair of shoes with a 4” stiletto heel.

§ 200g Leather

- 6” Heels

o A pair of shoes with a 6” stiletto heel.

§ 300g Leather

- 4” Wedges

o A pair of shoes mounted on a 4” wedge.

§ 400g Leather

- 6” Wedges

o A pair of shoes mounted on a 6” wedge

§ 500g Leather

That’s all I could think of for the moment, and yes it is mainly female orientated for that I apologise :)
Excuse the simoleans symbol, it's what my email converted it to.
Also some of the mock descriptions are based on other Cantrian clothes descriptions, some of them (esp. towards the end) are fairly poor, but I was sleepy.
Conti

Re: More Clothes!

Postby Conti » Mon Aug 12, 2013 4:07 pm

Clothes Clothes Clothes!!!!
SekoETC

Postby SekoETC » Mon Aug 12, 2013 4:30 pm

That's quite a bunch of suggestions. I like adding new clothes but we can't have huge amounts, so it's good to make multi-purpose items, such as high-heeled shoes where the wearer can define the height of the heel in their character description. I think rather than voting yes or no for the whole set, it would be better that people voted for individual items, and the ones with the most votes got implemented.

A couple of opinions: I think it would be weird to have a short dress with long sleeves. I would rather have something like a cotton sundress, because that was discussed in the past before the topic got buried.

As for dressed with buttons, it's good to keep the number of buttons as low as possible, because manufacturing components one by one gives people gray hair.

I think wedge shoes should have wooden soles. Also I'm not sure what sort of materials stiletto heels are generally made of, but it would make sense to use some sort of a solid material because I doubt leather can be hardened that much.
Not-so-sad panda
Bmot
Game Mechanics Chair / HR/PD Member

Postby Bmot » Mon Aug 12, 2013 5:37 pm

SekoETC wrote:That's quite a bunch of suggestions. I like adding new clothes but we can't have huge amounts, so it's good to make multi-purpose items, such as high-heeled shoes where the wearer can define the height of the heel in their character description. I think rather than voting yes or no for the whole set, it would be better that people voted for individual items, and the ones with the most votes got implemented.

A couple of opinions: I think it would be weird to have a short dress with long sleeves. I would rather have something like a cotton sundress, because that was discussed in the past before the topic got buried.

As for dressed with buttons, it's good to keep the number of buttons as low as possible, because manufacturing components one by one gives people gray hair.

I think wedge shoes should have wooden soles. Also I'm not sure what sort of materials stiletto heels are generally made of, but it would make sense to use some sort of a solid material because I doubt leather can be hardened that much.

I did have a suggestion about that somewhere... Let me see...
Richard Dawkins wrote:We privileged few, who won the lottery of birth against all odds, how dare we whine at our inevitable return to that prior state from which the vast majority have never stirred?
Bmot

Postby Bmot » Mon Aug 12, 2013 7:34 pm

Hmm, can't seem to find it...
Richard Dawkins wrote:We privileged few, who won the lottery of birth against all odds, how dare we whine at our inevitable return to that prior state from which the vast majority have never stirred?
Conti

Postby Conti » Mon Aug 12, 2013 7:46 pm

The pirates need new clothes!!! Hooks! Toy Parrots! Wooden Legs!
Poldora

Postby Poldora » Tue Aug 27, 2013 4:28 pm

Seko (can't quote on phone):
I was going to include like metal for heels and wood or similar for wedges but based them on the preexisting hooker boots we have in game made of leather and buckles I believe.

And the general idea was for some if not all but over a slower period of time sort of thing
Uma

Postby Uma » Mon Sep 09, 2013 9:13 pm

new clothes are always great!
I always thought heels of such magnitude should incur a walking penalty, maybe even a working penalty :)

A long sleeve short dress sounds like a fashion dress.

what is the main reason for not having hundreds of cloths? the building list?

I wish we could just design clothes. pick from a list. like...pick long sleeves, long skirt, out of wool, add buttons and embroidery. it grabs all the descriptions and makes a dress.
SekoETC

Postby SekoETC » Tue Sep 10, 2013 7:10 am

I think it would also be better if you could pick sleeve type, collar/neckline, hem length and so forth and it would build a custom item based on those, but there's no system to support that currently.
Not-so-sad panda
Bmot

Postby Bmot » Tue Sep 10, 2013 7:12 am

SekoETC wrote:I think it would also be better if you could pick sleeve type, collar/neckline, hem length and so forth and it would build a custom item based on those, but there's no system to support that currently.

There is, if you treat them as separate parts, just like buttons and zippers. Would make tailoring an awful lot less fun for people who do not have much time to play, though, as it requires lots of small projects...
LittleSoul

Postby LittleSoul » Fri Sep 13, 2013 7:45 pm

Please, hide shorts, and more dude clothes. They need more options.
SekoETC

Postby SekoETC » Sun Oct 06, 2013 9:39 am

This is mostly accepted but there will be some changes. In the future, your suggestions are more likely to get accepted if you put different items in their own topics and only suggest a low number at a time. Also new items must be sufficiently different from existing items.
Not-so-sad panda

Return to “Implemented Suggestions”