71%
No!
27%
2%

Total votes: 48
viktor

Re: Poisoned drink!

Postby viktor » Thu Nov 29, 2012 2:01 am

nothing wrong with starvation.. it's like someone sips the poison and it consumes all thier fat stores and they just atrophy and die.
Doug R.

Postby Doug R. » Wed Dec 19, 2012 2:11 pm

Just a status update:

Programming has enabled poisons that reduce health, hunger, and energy, and as I've taken on the project, I'll be implementing all three. They will be made like the rest of the mixtures on the apothecary table. Suggestions for ingredients are welcome, but they need to already exist in the game. They don't need to meet the existing convention for apothecary mixtures (i.e. two herbs and a liquid). Subject to RD approval of course.
Hamsters is nice. ~Kaylee, Firefly
Bmot
Game Mechanics Chair / HR/PD Member

Postby Bmot » Wed Dec 19, 2012 2:18 pm

Doug R. wrote:Just a status update:

Programming has enabled poisons that reduce health, hunger, and energy, and as I've taken on the project, I'll be implementing all three. They will be made like the rest of the mixtures on the apothecary table. Suggestions for ingredients are welcome, but they need to already exist in the game. They don't need to meet the existing convention for apothecary mixtures (i.e. two herbs and a liquid). Subject to RD approval of course.

Just curious, will poisons in any way be identifiable by the one who's supposed to take the poison? Or will they be able to be put in, say, a piece of bread or something?
Richard Dawkins wrote:We privileged few, who won the lottery of birth against all odds, how dare we whine at our inevitable return to that prior state from which the vast majority have never stirred?
Doug R.

Postby Doug R. » Wed Dec 19, 2012 4:41 pm

They will be identifiable, and, as with any food, their effects will be known before you voluntarily eat them. I still need to do some testing to see if they can be auto-eaten on the eating tick.
Bmot
Game Mechanics Chair / HR/PD Member

Postby Bmot » Wed Dec 19, 2012 5:03 pm

Okay, so it all depends on honest RP by the player... Thanks, was just wondering :)
Richard Dawkins wrote:We privileged few, who won the lottery of birth against all odds, how dare we whine at our inevitable return to that prior state from which the vast majority have never stirred?
*Wiro

Postby *Wiro » Wed Dec 19, 2012 5:37 pm

Awesome!
Read about my characters by following this link.
JsWill

Postby JsWill » Mon Jan 07, 2013 9:51 pm

I chose the ... option because... Really? Lol Scary xD
Mr. Bones

Postby Mr. Bones » Thu Jan 10, 2013 7:55 pm

Poisons are live.
Black Canyon

Postby Black Canyon » Fri Jan 11, 2013 4:09 am

Are there any antidotes to these poisons?
“Now and then we had the hope that if we lived and were good, God would permit us to be pirates.”

― Mark Twain
Mr. Bones

Postby Mr. Bones » Fri Jan 11, 2013 4:21 am

Black Canyon wrote:Are there any antidotes to these poisons?

Doug R. wrote:
6 poisons of three types, two per type:

poison a: apothecary table, output 250g
100g dry roses, 100g dry tea, 50g aloe vera

poison b: apothecary table, output 250g
100g dry lavender, 100g dry clove, 50g water

poison c: apothecary table, output 250g
100g dry buttercups, 100g dry daisies, 50g camphor oil

poison d: apothecary table, output 250g
100g copper, 100g dry white willow, 50g lemon juice

poison e: apothecary table, output 250g
100g chromium, 100g dry peppermint, 50g lemon juice

poison f: apothecary table, output 250g
100g cobalt, 100g dry yarrow, 50g lemon juice

This is what has been implemented so far. As far as an antidote goes, sure there is. For damaging poison antidote is healing food. For fatigue poison, antidote is furniture. For hunger poison, antidote is food. Those will cure the symptoms every time.
SekoETC

Postby SekoETC » Fri Jan 11, 2013 2:42 pm

I like that this will provide the possibility of executing criminals without having to get your hands dirty. You can just give them poison and tell them to eat it.
Not-so-sad panda
Vega

Postby Vega » Fri Jan 11, 2013 2:51 pm

I think I'm a little stupid and I haven't understand how this works...

So...
Poison drinks has their effect in the die tick? The one of starvation?
And... poison drinks work like healing drinks? I mean... just a drop cause only a little damage or you'll die with just that drop?

Mr. Bones wrote:This is what has been implemented so far. As far as an antidote goes, sure there is. For damaging poison antidote is healing food. For fatigue poison, antidote is furniture. For hunger poison, antidote is food. Those will cure the symptoms every time.

If you are going to die, I don't know how antidotes will work, you are death, it's over... You can be healed in your NDS or rest, but you can't heal from starvation.

I don't want to starve! I need more information!
Quebec Lima Delta November
Something like a story
Doug R.

Postby Doug R. » Fri Jan 11, 2013 4:03 pm

Vega wrote:II need more information!

Check the wiki.

They all just work like food. There's nothing strange or new about it, except they move the bars backwards.
Tyson

Postby Tyson » Fri Jan 11, 2013 8:42 pm

I have to ask this..

Wiki wrote:Imbibing 100g will instantly cause 6,6% hunger through mechanics unknown to Cantrian science.

This was poison f.
So you would need to eat approximately 1500 grams of this so it could kill you, right?
Mr. Bones

Postby Mr. Bones » Fri Jan 11, 2013 9:55 pm

Vega wrote:I think I'm a little stupid and I haven't understand how this works...

So...
Poison drinks has their effect in the die tick? The one of starvation?
And... poison drinks work like healing drinks? I mean... just a drop cause only a little damage or you'll die with just that drop?

Mr. Bones wrote:This is what has been implemented so far. As far as an antidote goes, sure there is. For damaging poison antidote is healing food. For fatigue poison, antidote is furniture. For hunger poison, antidote is food. Those will cure the symptoms every time.

If you are going to die, I don't know how antidotes will work, you are death, it's over... You can be healed in your NDS or rest, but you can't heal from starvation.

I don't want to starve! I need more information!

Yeah, there is no antidote for death that I am aware of.

Damage/Hunger/Tiredness poisons have a strong and a weak poison. The weak poisons will deal 4.1% increase to the condition it effects, the strong deals 6.6%. So unless you're already starving or gravely injured you aren't going to die from ingesting any poison, unless you drink a lot of it. Those percentages are based on amounts of 100 grams for each. Like I said, the only "antidote" of sorts is what has been in game for years like furniture, food, etc.
Last edited by Mr. Bones on Sat Jan 12, 2013 3:04 am, edited 1 time in total.

Return to “Implemented Suggestions”