Bug: Dragging Over 100%

Threads moved from the Suggestions forum after implementation

Moderators: Public Relations Department, Players Department

Should the bug with dragging over 100% be fixed?

Yes
90%
No
10%

Total votes: 40
Chris

Bug: Dragging Over 100%

Postby Chris » Thu Jun 21, 2012 3:57 am

I made a good-faith effort to find an existing suggestion. I did not find anything relevant.

There is a bug in the dragging mechanism. When other people help the one who started a dragging project, the percent of required strength can go over 100% without the dragging occurring. The workaround is for the initiator to stop dragging and then help a helper. However, this is both unintuitive and difficult to explain without OOC instructions. Clearly it is a bug, and fixing bugs should have high priority.
SumBum

Re: Bug: Dragging Over 100%

Postby SumBum » Thu Jun 21, 2012 3:59 am

Not only is it problematic to explain...... Since dragging adds tiredness when you start dragging (instead of when dragging occurs) it adds extra tiredness to whomever has to "adjust their grip".
I don't know karate, but I know KA-RAZY!! - James Brown
Armulus Satchula

Postby Armulus Satchula » Thu Jun 21, 2012 1:48 pm

I'm just going to say, that i think this makes dragging more powerful than it already is.
Doug R.

Postby Doug R. » Thu Jun 21, 2012 1:51 pm

I think the oldbies have accepted this as a feature, which it isn't. We need to keep new players in mind. They are the ones we need to fight to keep.
Hamsters is nice. ~Kaylee, Firefly
Armulus Satchula

Postby Armulus Satchula » Thu Jun 21, 2012 5:25 pm

I didn't mean that it shouldn't be fixed, i just meant it was making it stronger. I'd like to see a better fix than just making it work. Maybe the initiator gets double tiredness or each of the draggers gets more tired or it takes more people to drag someone.
Greek
Programming Dept. Member/Translator-Polish

Postby Greek » Tue Jul 03, 2012 8:25 am

Nobody eager to mess with action.enter.php :D
‘Never! Run before you walk! Fly before you crawl! Keep moving forward! You think we should try to get a decent mail service in the city. I think we should try to send letters anywhere in the world! Because if we fail, I’d rather fail really hugely’
Chris

Postby Chris » Thu Aug 22, 2013 9:58 pm

Any news on when this bug might be fixed? Thanks.
Greek

Postby Greek » Thu Aug 22, 2013 10:10 pm

I'm pretty sure that it will before end of September.

I've started rewriting dragging code in may and it's going quite fast. May be ready even in early september.
‘Never! Run before you walk! Fly before you crawl! Keep moving forward! You think we should try to get a decent mail service in the city. I think we should try to send letters anywhere in the world! Because if we fail, I’d rather fail really hugely’
Greek

Postby Greek » Mon Dec 30, 2013 2:14 pm

Fixed in october.

Generally, suggestions are not for bug reports.
There's no need of poll and player's approval for fixing bugs. No matter if they make game more difficult or easier.

Return to “Implemented Suggestions”