Voluntary death from old age

Threads moved from the Suggestions forum after implementation

Moderators: Public Relations Department, Players Department

curious

Re: Voluntary death from old age

Postby curious » Fri Apr 13, 2012 7:24 pm

Just to confirm... This is an acceptance of SekoETC's original post, and not the additional "violent exploding death'? (There is no post saying moved to accepted... which is always a useful marker)
Granted, I'm sure this was a joke, but you never can tell in here these days.
Doug R.

Postby Doug R. » Fri Apr 13, 2012 7:36 pm

No, no violent exploding death.
Hamsters is nice. ~Kaylee, Firefly
NancyLee

Postby NancyLee » Sat Apr 14, 2012 12:08 pm

Thanks, thanks thanks! I just ADORE this idea.

I've also loved Oasis' addition, I don't know if that would be feasible, but sounds really nice, and even thrilling, I mean your charrie knowing that it's life has come to its end, trying to arrange things but not knowing exactly when it's going to happen... Okay, I'm digressing, as usual.

Did I thank you already?
“Nothing is absolute. Everything changes, everything moves, everything revolves, everything flies and goes away.”
― Frida Kahlo
BZR

Postby BZR » Sat Apr 14, 2012 10:57 pm

Interesting. Kill-on-demand suggestions were rejected so many times, and now hop - and automagically eveything is going nice and easy. Seems like new fresh air in Cantr;)
SekoETC

Postby SekoETC » Sun Nov 24, 2013 7:55 pm

*bump*
Not-so-sad panda
Marian

Postby Marian » Tue Dec 31, 2013 5:30 pm

This needs to happen, but instead of dropping dead instantly, use the suggestion Oasis gave, or at least put them in NDS so they can RP out some kind of touching/dramatic last speech, and have the possibility of accepting treatment and surviving if they suddenly change their mind and can't bring themselves to go through with it.
w.w.g.d.w

Postby w.w.g.d.w » Wed Jan 22, 2014 3:51 am

Weakness - something like near death state on request but character may just pass it after some time if the player does not choose death.
Slowness_Incarnate

Postby Slowness_Incarnate » Thu Feb 13, 2014 2:33 pm

It says this is accepted and in game, but I can't find the tab to even see it.I am in the player settings, which I assumed is what they meant.
Xander

Postby Xander » Thu Feb 13, 2014 3:02 pm

Slowness_Incarnate wrote:It says this is accepted and in game, but I can't find the tab to even see it.I am in the player settings, which I assumed is what they meant.

I think you have to have a character old enough to be euthanised. My oldest are 82 so I can't see it either.
computaertist

Postby computaertist » Thu Feb 13, 2014 3:15 pm

Not player settings. Character settings.
On the bottom of the events page of a character, the last of the four buttons (the first three are write a note, make an envelope, and the build menu), the one that is a diamond of four diamonds, that is the character settings button.

This new feature occupies a third tab on that page, the first two being the activity filter and event page filters.
Mark Twain wrote:Truth is stranger than fiction, but it is because Fiction is obliged to stick to possibilities; Truth isn't.
Xander

Postby Xander » Thu Feb 13, 2014 3:18 pm

computaertist wrote:Not player settings. Character settings.
On the bottom of the events page of a character, the last of the four buttons (the first three are write a note, make an envelope, and the build menu), the one that is a diamond of four diamonds, that is the character settings button.

This new feature occupies a third tab on that page, the first two being the activity filter and event page filters.

I can see it now, although it's obviously unavailable. I might use it someday for one of my characters, although it won't be as soon as they turn 90 or anything like that.
Slowness_Incarnate

Postby Slowness_Incarnate » Thu Feb 13, 2014 3:19 pm

Thank you so much. All of my characters are old enough for this, I just couldn't find it.
God

Postby God » Wed Jun 18, 2014 6:17 pm

People really shouldn't play God like this.

-God
When it comes to God’s existence, I’m not an atheist and I’m not an agnostic. I’m an acrostic. The whole thing puzzles me.
~ George Carlin
psychowico

Postby psychowico » Tue Dec 16, 2014 11:09 am

Maybe it is time to make minimum age smaller? 60 years old?
"Please give us a simple answer, so that we don't have to think, because if we think, we might find answers that don't fit the way we want the world to be."

https://www.kinkykitty.pl
psychowico

Postby psychowico » Tue Aug 04, 2015 10:58 am

Bump. It was a long time. Maybe now?
"Please give us a simple answer, so that we don't have to think, because if we think, we might find answers that don't fit the way we want the world to be."

https://www.kinkykitty.pl

Return to “Implemented Suggestions”