I disagree
20%
Other (see post)
4%

Total votes: 25
Doug R.

Archive Suggestions and Rejected suggestions

Postby Doug R. » Mon Apr 09, 2012 12:07 am

I suggest starting from scratch on the Suggestions Forums. Right now, we have 46 pages of dead suggestions, and it's also not unreasonable that a suggestion that was rejected back in 2003 may not be reasonable now, given all the game's changes.
Hamsters is nice. ~Kaylee, Firefly
Cogliostro

Re: Archive Suggestions and Rejected suggestions

Postby Cogliostro » Mon Apr 09, 2012 12:11 am

I've been perusing the archives some. There are many very useful things there, are you certain you wanna bury it all and start afresh?
Henkie

Postby Henkie » Mon Apr 09, 2012 12:12 am

Keep the active ones though (i.e. posted in within the last week)
Doug R.

Postby Doug R. » Mon Apr 09, 2012 12:13 am

Cogliostro wrote:I've been perusing the archives some. There are many very useful things there, are you certain you wanna bury it all and start afresh?

It's already buried. Nothing would change, except that the old forums would be locked to new posts.
masterekat

Postby masterekat » Mon Apr 09, 2012 12:32 am

Would this mean that one could no longer say, "that's already been suggested six years ago, why weren't you smart enough to search through six years' worth of suggestions to catch that?" to a player who has only been posting here for a year at best? If so, I'm all for it!
Cogliostro

Postby Cogliostro » Mon Apr 09, 2012 12:34 am

This is not a good idea. Freedom of speech in a place like "suggestions", hopefully, should be maintained. That includes the freedom of bumping up old posts etc.
Henkie

Postby Henkie » Mon Apr 09, 2012 12:36 am

Freedom of speech is maintained. People can post their idea's no matter what. They just have to go through aaaaall the trouble of actually typing it themselves.
Doug R.

Postby Doug R. » Mon Apr 09, 2012 11:28 am

Cogliostro wrote:This is not a good idea. Freedom of speech in a place like "suggestions", hopefully, should be maintained. That includes the freedom of bumping up old posts etc.

Ok, so, you wish to maintain the freedom to bump old posts, but when you choose not to search and bump your own old posts, you rant and rave about us rejecting your suggestions as duplicates, claiming that there's no benefit in bumping 40 page threads that no one will be bothered to read through in the first place. <-- your words. Are you going to make me waste time looking to do a direct quote?
Doug R.

Postby Doug R. » Mon Apr 09, 2012 11:52 am

Oh, I think I get it now. Cogliostro wants the freedom of bumping old posts, but not the responsibility to do so. Well, it doesn't work that way. Staff has enough work on their plate. The players can do their part in keeping the suggestions forum compact.
Ronja Rotschopf

Postby Ronja Rotschopf » Mon Apr 09, 2012 11:59 am

In my opinion a change is not necessary. People can discuss in old threads. They should read those that are related to their own suggestion anyway, no matter where they sit. And it's not a problem to move suggestions from one forum to the other (e.g. from rejected to active) when the basic facts change.
Snickie
RD/HR Member/Translator-English (LD)

Postby Snickie » Sat Apr 14, 2012 6:58 pm

Henkie wrote:Freedom of speech is maintained. People can post their idea's no matter what. They just have to go through aaaaall the trouble of actually typing it themselves.

copy-paste. Problem solved. :3
Doug R.

Postby Doug R. » Wed Apr 18, 2012 2:05 pm

Bump. Seems a supermajority in agreement. If Echoman agrees, I'll move this to accepted.
NostalgicMelody7

Postby NostalgicMelody7 » Wed Apr 18, 2012 2:06 pm

I know this is off topic, but I notice that it's easier to see people's opinions when a poll is given ;D
EchoMan

Postby EchoMan » Wed Apr 18, 2012 2:09 pm

Yes, I agree to archiving this forum and start fresh. Would we need some routine for requesting an archived topic to be moved into the new one, or should we always require a fresh start and copy/paste into a new topic?
Mitch79

Postby Mitch79 » Wed Apr 18, 2012 2:13 pm

You've had so many changes to the game since a lot of those were put in. A lot of changes that might or might not have topics full of things discussion that may or may not be valid anymore. I would say just start fresh, people will just have to start typing out their own suggestions and reasons or copy and paste and revise to fit the game as it currently is. It should be new discussions, not rehashing out discussions from 5 years ago

Return to “Implemented Suggestions”