Improve the People tab!

Threads moved from the Suggestions forum after implementation

Moderators: Public Relations Department, Players Department

Hedgedhogst

Re: Improve the People tab!

Postby Hedgedhogst » Mon Dec 05, 2011 2:03 pm

masterekat wrote:I like both blood drops. Maybe we could use the first one for injuries under 50% and the second one for injuries over 50%. Or am I overcomplicating things there?

I think seeing one without the other would be hard to distinguish the difference between them.

I'm impressed, mainly by the speed they were prepared at! Wonderful. I'd have preferred a green drip, since I think that image would be the only image not in keeping with the Cantr trend... But I'm no hair splitter.
Awesome stuff! :D
3431-5.19: You novicely kill a badger using a bare fist.
4037-4.03: You expertly kill an elephant using a crumbling bone spear.
Greek
Programming Dept. Member/Translator-Polish

Postby Greek » Mon Dec 05, 2011 5:19 pm

These icons are great! Surely they will be useful. The only one which is maybe not very informative is the first one - starvation.

My proposition is to make sad Cantrian more starvated. I can not make graphics but I like, so I've created one in some variants:

Image not very cute, eh? But at least very Cantrian :D

Image Maybe that's better?

Image Or this one?

Image Or this...?

If you have graphical skills it would be great to see more interesting icons.

EDIT:
@up: I think it's good that bloody icon contrasts with the rest, it will be and it should be easy to notice, because wounded man is a quite rare sight (at least in majority of the towns).
‘Never! Run before you walk! Fly before you crawl! Keep moving forward! You think we should try to get a decent mail service in the city. I think we should try to send letters anywhere in the world! Because if we fail, I’d rather fail really hugely’
Piscator
Administrator Emeritus

Postby Piscator » Mon Dec 05, 2011 5:54 pm

I think it would be great to use different skulls for different grades of starvation, possibly corresponding to the starvation levels suggested in the other thread. The more starved you are, the bonier (whiter) the face becomes.

Here is the green drop by the way: Image
Pretty in pink.
Greek
Programming Dept. Member/Translator-Polish

Postby Greek » Mon Dec 05, 2011 6:15 pm

In my opinion the red blood is better, the green one looks like a drop of water and... it's not bloody enough. :twisted: .

I made small simulation how it could look like: (IT'S NOT A SCREENSHOT OF A WORKING FEATURE, WHICH IS IN THE EARLY STAGE OF DEVELOPMENT)

Green blood

Red blood

What do you think about it?
‘Never! Run before you walk! Fly before you crawl! Keep moving forward! You think we should try to get a decent mail service in the city. I think we should try to send letters anywhere in the world! Because if we fail, I’d rather fail really hugely’
MelloYell

Postby MelloYell » Mon Dec 05, 2011 6:43 pm

i like the green drop. im addicted to the green!
Comy

Postby Comy » Mon Dec 05, 2011 6:50 pm

I like the green. Anything else just doesn't feel very Cantr-y and is sort of jarring/unpleasant to look at.
Dishonor on you, dishonor on your cow...
the_antisocial_hermit

Postby the_antisocial_hermit » Mon Dec 05, 2011 6:57 pm

I like the red because it shows up better. I love green, but ... in the case of injury, I think red is better. The green just doesn't stick out very well.
Glitch! is dead! Long live Glitch!
Remember guys and gals, it's all Pretendy Fun Time Games!
EchoMan

Postby EchoMan » Mon Dec 05, 2011 7:40 pm

I would like to make better use of the page. Something like this maybe:

Hedgedhogst

Postby Hedgedhogst » Mon Dec 05, 2011 8:32 pm

I think the layout of greeks images seperates the icons well. In my opinion, Echomans example looks a little like picture scrabble. Too much on one side. (lol, no offense, echo).

I'm loving the variety of colour, but it still looks out of out of place with the rest of Cantr. Just the two new simple colours make the page spring to life amazingly well.I'm torn both ways.
3431-5.19: You novicely kill a badger using a bare fist.
4037-4.03: You expertly kill an elephant using a crumbling bone spear.
MelloYell

Postby MelloYell » Mon Dec 05, 2011 8:51 pm

i like echomans version way better. :mrgreen: i was going to suggest it, but didnt know how to say it.
masterekat

Postby masterekat » Mon Dec 05, 2011 9:51 pm

I like Echoman's version, as well as the idea of using multiple skulls for starvation. It would solve the other problem that people had with starvation descriptions contradicting some custom descriptions. Also, red drop all the way. I can see how some people might have problems distinguishing between the light red and dark red drops. I can see them perfectly, however. One looks pink and one looks crimson to me.
wadko

Postby wadko » Mon Dec 05, 2011 9:59 pm

Can't you put an option to select on what side of the name it will be? Left or right.
the_antisocial_hermit

Postby the_antisocial_hermit » Tue Dec 06, 2011 3:16 am

Initially, I liked Echoman's placement better. But the more I look at it, the more I like Greek's. It just feels too cluttered and overwhelming with the icons if they're put on the left side. Putting it on the right separates the status buttons from the action buttons far better.

An option to have it either way would be nice, but if it must be decided one side or the other, I vote for the right side of the name.
Glitch! is dead! Long live Glitch!
Remember guys and gals, it's all Pretendy Fun Time Games!
Piscator
Administrator Emeritus

Postby Piscator » Tue Dec 06, 2011 3:59 am

I like the icons better on the left since it looks more neatly. If we want to put them on the right side, we should put them in an own column and not just append them to the name.
Pretty in pink.
EchoMan

Postby EchoMan » Tue Dec 06, 2011 4:39 am

Greeks image has too much whitespace (greenspace?) I think. Maybe bcause it doesn't show all the actions? This is an actual screenshor from one of my chars with status images added after names. My whole point being that we should use the available space better, and not have 1" gap between action-icons and names. If status images are to the left or right is seconday.

Return to “Implemented Suggestions”