Windows

Threads moved from the Suggestions forum after implementation

Moderators: Public Relations Department, Players Department

freiana

Re: Windows

Postby freiana » Wed Aug 01, 2012 12:41 pm

Okay, too bad, but it sounds logical. Thanx!
Don't remember where I was - I realized life was a game - The more seriously I took things - The harder the rules became
Vega

Postby Vega » Wed Aug 01, 2012 1:06 pm

I'm not sure if I should put this on this thread or in another one but... Whatever.

I've seen people coming out a room throught the window, just RPed, because the window is opened... Could it be done too with the door closed and the window opened? People coming in and out throught the window...
Quebec Lima Delta November
Something like a story
EchoMan

Postby EchoMan » Wed Aug 01, 2012 1:15 pm

The absolutely most horrific piece of (very large) code in Cantr is the "enter" script, which handles people moving or dragging stuff between buildings and vehicles. I think psychowico is going to change this code at some point, but he's on summer vacation now. So I can safely say that this will not happen in a long time (if at all).
Vega

Postby Vega » Wed Aug 01, 2012 1:19 pm

Oooh... Okay... Let's hope doors will be opened while windows are so we will be able to continue RPing it...

*Vega sighs longly and theatrically.*

(But it could has been soooooooooo great...)
Quebec Lima Delta November
Something like a story
Doug R.

Postby Doug R. » Wed Aug 01, 2012 1:35 pm

It was also very specifically decided to prohibit anything from physically passing through the window when it was designed, so, yeah, not going to happen anytime soon, if at all. The reason is we didn't want people killing others through windows, and it didn't make sense to say you can't shoot your crossbow through the window, but you can crawl through it, or pass a spoon through it. Best to just prohibit everything other than events.
Hamsters is nice. ~Kaylee, Firefly
freiana

Postby freiana » Wed Aug 01, 2012 1:45 pm

Uhh.... I actually just gave someone some stuff through a window... Now I'm confused.
Don't remember where I was - I realized life was a game - The more seriously I took things - The harder the rules became
Doug R.

Postby Doug R. » Wed Aug 01, 2012 1:48 pm

Really? I guess I'm remembering wrong. You can't shoot people through windows, can you? That would just be horrible, horrible.
Hamsters is nice. ~Kaylee, Firefly
EchoMan

Postby EchoMan » Wed Aug 01, 2012 1:53 pm

You shouldn't be able to. Can someone with a window please try sparring through it? And object passing through a window was part of the plan. It's just like someone in a vehicle, but violence should be blocked.
freiana

Postby freiana » Wed Aug 01, 2012 1:54 pm

No, you can't hit people through a window, I tried.... But you can pass stuff on.
Sunni Daez

Postby Sunni Daez » Wed Aug 01, 2012 9:49 pm

:cry: Sorry, I didn't read through 6 pages of the window stuff... I should have .. I know better... :(

Run...Dragon...Run!!!
kryminator

Postby kryminator » Wed Aug 15, 2012 7:33 pm

Will there be glass for windows?
Greek
Programming Dept. Member/Translator-Polish

Postby Greek » Wed Aug 15, 2012 8:10 pm

What do you mean?
‘Never! Run before you walk! Fly before you crawl! Keep moving forward! You think we should try to get a decent mail service in the city. I think we should try to send letters anywhere in the world! Because if we fail, I’d rather fail really hugely’
kryminator

Postby kryminator » Wed Aug 15, 2012 8:25 pm

I mean to block hole in the wall with glass. Now, the window is a hole in the wall decorated with wooden/iron frame and with small outer doors.

I imagine it like this:

but without the inner doors (the closed ones with glass) and I just want that inner doors or some kind of window made of glass (and wood/iron).
Greek
Programming Dept. Member/Translator-Polish

Postby Greek » Wed Aug 15, 2012 9:00 pm

It's possible to create new frame, but it'll using it as a part wouldn't change appearance of the ready window, so I think it's useless. Window is the only one special type with certain id so must have only one name, that is "window".
‘Never! Run before you walk! Fly before you crawl! Keep moving forward! You think we should try to get a decent mail service in the city. I think we should try to send letters anywhere in the world! Because if we fail, I’d rather fail really hugely’

Return to “Implemented Suggestions”