Upgrade to phpBB3

Threads moved from the Suggestions forum after implementation

Moderators: Public Relations Department, Players Department

returner

Upgrade to phpBB3

Postby returner » Wed Jan 20, 2010 6:34 am

After recent concern voiced by Doug R on the forums re: blocking spam, I thought now would be a good opportunity to raise the idea of upgrading the current version of our forum to the latest phpBB3.

Bear in mind this forum is HALF A DECADE OLD :P (hahaha it's great being in 2010, you can make EVERYTHING sound so much more dramatic!!)

If you're understaffed, I can assist with the transfer. I'm alright at PHP and MySQL, plus I run a few websites and have used phpBB2 and 3 for a number of years (and have transferred them once). I can also assist with any board modifications/installations that you'd like implemented as well (including Karma, a chatroom at the top of the board, and most importantly, ADVERTISEMENTS to assist in revenue flow.. but that's getting off topic). There are heaps of security benefits associated with phpBB3 aswell, among many other great features which give more power over the board, and more power to delegate power... etc etc.

A conversion to the latest phpBB version is universally beneficial. The only downsides I can think of immediately are:
- Time spent upgrading (which I can assist with, but I'm sure you have sufficient staff)
- Nostalgia (trust me, you'll feel it when you move to the new-design board... imagine if Cantr was upgraded to a 2010-style website, it would be horrid! ).

Thoughts? :P
marol

Postby marol » Wed Jan 20, 2010 7:50 am

It is already planned.
(SRVPRC)
returner

Postby returner » Wed Jan 20, 2010 8:24 am

Awesome! Feel free to lock / delete this thread.

Return to “Implemented Suggestions”