Town and building signs.

Threads moved from the Suggestions forum after implementation

Moderators: Public Relations Department, Players Department

jb78

Town and building signs.

Postby jb78 » Wed Mar 10, 2004 6:17 am

Not sure if this has been suggested yet, but what about a billboard or sign instead of notes on the ground? Something that automatically states the nature of the town/building. Having only one per town/building and can be removed as well?

I would need wood to build the sign, and a paintbrush to paint the note.

But the most important thing would be that it would have it automatically say what is on the billboard/sign.

770-1 You arrive in Alenz Hils, A billboard states:
"Alenz Hills is Owned by Consumer Control Freaks. Iron is gone
and You've got to talk to Piers Anthony to get anything done here.
Yet he never really answers you so, keep moving along twerp!"

Or something like that...

:)
This message is 2 feet from your face and .000000002 seconds in the past. Light is a funny thing.
Pirog

Postby Pirog » Wed Mar 10, 2004 3:15 pm

I dropped a similar idea a long while ago, but then mainly for keeping important notes "un-stealable".

It would be good with a lockable "billboard", where you would have to own a key, or break the lock, to be able to change the notes there.
Meh

Postby Meh » Wed Mar 10, 2004 5:43 pm

I wish their was a way to put out OOC infomation that would not be abused.

In every large town there are different opinions about what the town is about.

The only opnionion avialable to new spawns is what the offical story is that is on the ground and the people who offically speak.

Also those who offically speak sometimes don't. It is rather bording to explain again and again what a place it about.

And decenting opinions cannot be discussed give too stong an advatnage to the offical story.

Maybe an organized place on the forum would be best so it could be mointored better.

The opinions of Seatown forest vary widely. Maily has be called everything from a saint to cold blooded killer.

I don't know. Even if it was done as it already sort of has on the forum then it would reveal too much to either side of a location what the other is thinking.

I just don't have a good way to get around it.

I think even the offical position of most places could be better written but for most of my characters it is not their concern. They have no interest in being in the goverment or showing that kind of concern. Most of my characters avoid that kind responsibility as it is too time consuming for me. This gives me more time to conentrate on the few places where I am a semi-offical voice.

2 of 15 characters relay the offical voice for a location. And both of those locations have little activity.

The rest mention things rarely as it is not their place to give the answers.

I guess you should just pick one location where you care how new spawns and vistors feel and concentrate on making things easier to understand there. And if you rule another location and don't have time for public relations find another citizen to do it.

This is what drove me nuts when I first started. I was spending too much time explaining to newcomers what was happening. And I was doing it for all my characters at once. It put me in a super stressed out mode when I was explaining in two places at once followed by the total silence that sometimes happens in the game. The majority of those characters went insane and while they didn't break any laws they basically were all outcasts.
rklenseth

Postby rklenseth » Thu Feb 16, 2006 8:52 am

Moved: This idea has already been implemented.

Return to “Implemented Suggestions”