Pulling from buildings

Threads moved from the Suggestions forum after implementation

Moderators: Public Relations Department, Players Department

Genevieve

Pulling from buildings

Postby Genevieve » Mon Jun 29, 2009 2:11 am

We can break locks, but we can't pull anything out of the building. If you think about it, if the door is open, even if it opens inward, you should be able to reach in and grab SOMETHING until enough comes out for you to go inside -- right now, that isn't possible.

My thought was you reach inside to PULL something out...and randomly grab onto a resource or person--you may or may not be able to pull it out by yourself. But only if the door is unlocked/or has no lock at all. If locked, the door would not be opened without a crowbar, just like now.
Elros

Postby Elros » Mon Jun 29, 2009 3:15 am

I tend to agree that you should at least be allowed to pull people from the outside if the door is unlocked. That will keep people from going in small shacks that have a lot of resources and not being able to be hit or dragged out. I mean if a building is full of resources and only has room for one person, then it is impossible to hit or drag that person because you cannot go in there as well...

*shrugs*

I guess though that is just part of the game. What are you guys' throughts?
Every action has a consequence.
Genevieve

Postby Genevieve » Mon Jun 29, 2009 3:31 am

But if so, it also makes for an unfair advantage for that person. AND if you think about the dynamics, there should be no reason someone couldn't REACH in and at least have a CHANCE of grabbing someone/something.
tiddy ogg

Postby tiddy ogg » Mon Jun 29, 2009 9:52 am

Yes, if someone goes in a shack like that and dies, you're stuck, so it certainly seems a good idea. How difficult it would be to program though, I don't know, due to the fact it's a different
Piscator
Administrator Emeritus

Postby Piscator » Mon Jun 29, 2009 11:48 am

I don't think we have to actually reach in. We could rather make it so that you could enter a building even though the maximum capacity is reached.

You would be able to get into the building, but you wouldn't be allowed to drop things while the weight limit is exceeded. Likewise you wouldn't be allowed to start or join projects while the people limit is exceeded (because there's no room to move).
Pretty in pink.
BZR

Postby BZR » Mon Jun 29, 2009 1:17 pm

The problem would get solved easily if the shacks could be destroyed
tazer

Postby tazer » Mon Jun 29, 2009 1:23 pm

I dissagree, it's part of the game and is used in many fighting strategies. Changing something like that would screw alot up.
Caesar
Location: The Netherlands, Europe, Earth, Sol, The Milkyway, Our Galaxy, Time & Space

Postby Caesar » Mon Jun 29, 2009 1:47 pm

You can call it a strategy.. I think it's more of an exploit.
- Every person lost in war is two too many.
- Respect comes from two sides and must be earned. Nobody has the right to it because of a title, sex, age, race or birth.
- What doesn't kill you makes you stronger.
- I believe in True Love, do you?
Genevieve

Postby Genevieve » Mon Jun 29, 2009 2:15 pm

I agree Caesar. And I think it is a great idea to let people go in without being able to drop/add to projects etc. Because really, have you ever been on an elevator or something and been so squished you can't move...and they squish ONE MORE on?
BZR

Postby BZR » Mon Jun 29, 2009 2:18 pm

I agree. Playing Cantr should bo intuitive, and with current system it is not. Locking in a building might be RP as siege, as the locks can be eventually open, but this strategy is completely unrealistic.
Elros

Postby Elros » Mon Jun 29, 2009 3:19 pm

It is good to see that most all of you agree that we should be able to go in and attack or drag someone out even if the building is full. This is not a strategy, but rather an unbalanced area that has yet to be fixed in Cantr. It needs to be fixed.

Also, I do not believe people should be able to start a project dragging themselves so no one else can drag them. That is an exploit as well... but I guess that is a different topic.
Every action has a consequence.
Doug R.

Postby Doug R. » Mon Jun 29, 2009 3:35 pm

Moving things out of unlocked buildings/vehicles from the outside has been discussed and accepted elsewhere. Not sure where though.
Hamsters is nice. ~Kaylee, Firefly
Genevieve

Postby Genevieve » Mon Jun 29, 2009 6:13 pm

Then we should just keep bugging in here until it happens lol :-D
Cdls

Postby Cdls » Mon Jun 29, 2009 6:38 pm

BZR wrote:

I agree. Playing Cantr should bo intuitive, and with current system it is not. Locking in a building might be RP as siege, as the locks can be eventually open, but this strategy is completely unrealistic.

And how much of cantr is actually "realistic"?

I am for something along these lines however, although if it does become implemented, I think there should be something put in place to counter the loss of strategy, such as ability to barricade the room.
Caesar
Location: The Netherlands, Europe, Earth, Sol, The Milkyway, Our Galaxy, Time & Space

Postby Caesar » Mon Jun 29, 2009 7:53 pm

Cdls wrote:I am for something along these lines however, although if it does become implemented, I think there should be something put in place to counter the loss of strategy, such as ability to barricade the room.

*the loss of exploitation,

Seems like a very good idea to me! And then those barricades could be broken down with most weapons.
They would require resources, though.. Or perhaps furniture would work too!
- Every person lost in war is two too many.

- Respect comes from two sides and must be earned. Nobody has the right to it because of a title, sex, age, race or birth.

- What doesn't kill you makes you stronger.

- I believe in True Love, do you?

Return to “Implemented Suggestions”