Do we really need to limit people's minutes?

Threads moved from the Suggestions forum after implementation

Moderators: Public Relations Department, Players Department

Marian

Postby Marian » Mon Feb 09, 2009 1:39 pm

I'm even more for this idea now, something has got to be done to at least <i>try</i> to help the lag...the weekend the only time I have to sit down and seriously play and I must have spent half of it staring at the 'Cantr is not available' screen, when I wasn't burning minutes waiting for pages to load. :evil: Can the game seriously not handle more then 70 people without freezing up?
Idriveayugo

Postby Idriveayugo » Mon Feb 09, 2009 3:13 pm

Let's just suspend the limited minutes rule for like a week like I originally stated. If it doesn't help the lag, oh well, reinstate it. If it does help the lag, well I think people can live with all those wasted credits.
Dudel

Postby Dudel » Mon Feb 09, 2009 3:29 pm

DOWN WITH MINUTES! I used all my minutes MOSTLY to lag yesterday which isn't fair for gameplay. Which is what the minutes are for yes? To make things fair? Well if my minutes are eaten because of lag while trying to do something that another person somehow doesn't have lag... thats not fair.

In the gaming world the other person would be reported for something even it it was a server issue and the game wouldn't count or a balance would be made BUT in cantr you can't do stuff like that because of its break down.

Minutes don't work with the lag and the horrible load times that happen even when the server isn't lagging. Not to mention, if you are looking for more players this VERY THING will irritate some of us to leaving. *hint hint* I'm not saying just kick minutes out... well kinda I am but I'd rather just not have them EATEN by STUPID SHIT! I have no problem with the minutes but like I've said before... its how they are spent that pisses me off!
BlueNine

Postby BlueNine » Mon Feb 09, 2009 4:00 pm

Piscator wrote:The time limit only kicks in on the rare, interesting days which is particularly annoying.

That pretty much sums up the point I was going to make...I usually have 60mins clear each day, unless something good happens and then I can't participate in it as much as I would like due to clock-watching.

I also agree with cutting out minutes for a week or so as a trial run...don't see why we have to implement a new and more complicated feature to make us feel better about removing something (plus I don't see how extra tiredness really applies to the minutes issue)

If removing minutes has even a tiny chance of reducing this horrible lag issue then I'd say it warrants a trial just for that!
Lying in the depths of your imagination, worlds above and worlds below, you can tell a man from what he has to say
Marian

Postby Marian » Wed Feb 11, 2009 3:08 pm

So what the fuck happened yesterday? That was the worst I've ever seen it...I'd just got done plugging the game to a few people too. :(
The Latter

Postby The Latter » Wed Feb 11, 2009 7:33 pm

Yeah, I wasn wondering the same thing.. Yesterday was 'interesting'..
chase02

Postby chase02 » Fri Feb 20, 2009 1:11 am

Just wanted to say THANK YOU Jos & everyone involved for giving this a go.

I realise what a thankless job running cantr is (we're all very quick to complain but not so quick to praise) and wanted to say, there are people out there who appreciate the little things you do. <3

</grouphug>
Idriveayugo

Postby Idriveayugo » Fri Feb 20, 2009 2:34 am

Another brilliant suggestion by the man driving a yugo.
Marian

Postby Marian » Fri Feb 20, 2009 5:21 am

Wheeee! :lol:

I actually get to spend more time RPing then logging in and out and in again now!

....really, really hope this also helps the lag and becomes a permanent thing, it's going to be hard going back to 200 minutes after 2 weeks of freedom.
notsure

Postby notsure » Fri Feb 20, 2009 9:15 pm

Wow, looks like it's working so well... :shock:

notsure :?
Idriveayugo

Postby Idriveayugo » Sun Mar 08, 2009 4:21 am

Was this idea responsible for the server crash?
Tiamo

Postby Tiamo » Sun Mar 08, 2009 7:47 am

No. The reason for the crash was not related to the game code.
I think ...
Idriveayugo

Postby Idriveayugo » Fri Mar 27, 2009 5:58 pm

The server seems to be running quite effectively, perhaps partially due to this idea?
Josephpowers

Postby Josephpowers » Fri Oct 23, 2009 5:06 am

wait so what was changed.. cause I know it wasnt the minutes...
Piscator
Administrator Emeritus

Postby Piscator » Fri Oct 23, 2009 12:25 pm

I don't know what you seem to know, but your reserve of minutes was increased from 200 to 2000 in any case. It might be though, that you will have to wait for your minutes to reset to get the full amount, if you're playing with a brand new account.
Pretty in pink.

Return to “Implemented Suggestions”