Bottles

Threads moved from the Suggestions forum after implementation

Moderators: Public Relations Department, Players Department

*Wiro

Bottles

Postby *Wiro » Sat Jan 24, 2009 12:49 pm

I'd love to see some more storages, for liquids and stuff. And not too hard to make either.

-Clay bottle
-Glass bottle
-Stone bottle

etc... Glass would take longer to make of course, but stone for example should be easy and fast to make so you can actually have some kind of store with liquids in bottles and stuff without spending years and years. :)
Read about my characters by following this link.
tiddy ogg

Postby tiddy ogg » Sun Jan 25, 2009 2:51 pm

Well, I've often wondereed how Cantrians pull liquids about... but they do so. So how will this help?
*Wiro

Postby *Wiro » Sun Jan 25, 2009 3:03 pm

Roleplaying purposes, of course. I can't care less about Cantrians being able to carry liquids, it's part of Cantreality, as some say. :P

Currently you can only sell stuff like it is, no packages or whatever, no bottles. Just as-is.
Cantryjczyk

Postby Cantryjczyk » Sun Jan 25, 2009 5:30 pm

http://www.cantr.net/mwiki/index.php/Storage

1. There are already portable storages like Amphora, mugs etc, so it is not true that "Currently you can only sell stuff like it is, no packages or whatever"
2. I am sure that there are already other topics about bottles, one of them coud be reactivated instead of creating new one.
3. It is true that there are no bottles so far, and it is not unreasonable to want them. So this idea is not bad, can be deep consider and possibly realized.
Last edited by Cantryjczyk on Sun Jan 25, 2009 5:53 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Każdy ma swój punkt widzenia, ale nie każdy z niego coś widzi.
*Wiro

Postby *Wiro » Sun Jan 25, 2009 5:48 pm

Reed Basket
-750 grams of Reed
-Holds 2000 grams
-1.5 day

Grass Basket
1500 grams of Grass
-Holds 2000 grams
-2 days

Reed is thick, therefore less is used. Grass is thin, therefore more is used.
They'd be medium-sized and require no tools.

We're discussing this in IRC now, anyone feel free to join the discussion. Will edit if more possibilities are discussed.
snm2001

Message in a bottle

Postby snm2001 » Sun May 03, 2009 10:26 pm

I think it might be fun to do a message in a bottle.. you toss it out at a degree and speed and what ever it runs into first gets to pull it out of objects and read it. boats.. a shore line.. whatever
Sleepers are soulless... put them out of their misery
ceselb

Postby ceselb » Sun May 03, 2009 11:14 pm

The chances of hitting much of anything would be very small.
"I'll start with who, what, where, and when, followed by whither, whether, wherefore and whence, and follow that up with a big side-order of 'why'." -- Zaphod Beeblebrox
snm2001

Postby snm2001 » Sun May 03, 2009 11:31 pm

might be fun though.. just a thought. There are all kinds of stories all over the place and it would be fun to send them across the sea to other lands to be found by complete strangers, well I just thought I'd bring it up.
Sleepers are soulless... put them out of their misery
Henk

Postby Henk » Sun May 03, 2009 11:40 pm

And the english people would send english messeges to the spanish who woul somehow decode it? ^^
Welke sadist kwam er op het idee om een "s" in het woord slissen te zetten?

Als je probeert te falen, en je slaagt, faal je dan?
Idriveayugo

Postby Idriveayugo » Sun May 03, 2009 11:53 pm

tiddy ogg wrote:Well, I've often wondereed how Cantrians pull liquids about... but they do so. So how will this help?

I've come to the conclusion that cantrians are able to levitate up to 15,000 grams worth of any material. Even the clothes on them are actually levitating.

This explains how Cantrians are able to hold 5 iron shields, 7 various tools, and 4 different weapons, while also holding 3000 grams worth of tomatoes, 1000 grams of cooked meat, and 100 grams of healing liquid c without help from any pockets, bags, or any other items that aids in transporting a resource.
Gran

Postby Gran » Mon May 04, 2009 12:21 am

Idriveayugo wrote:
tiddy ogg wrote:Well, I've often wondereed how Cantrians pull liquids about... but they do so. So how will this help?

I've come to the conclusion that cantrians are able to levitate up to 15,000 grams worth of any material. Even the clothes on them are actually levitating.

This explains how Cantrians are able to hold 5 iron shields, 7 various tools, and 4 different weapons, while also holding 3000 grams worth of tomatoes, 1000 grams of cooked meat, and 100 grams of healing liquid c without help from any pockets, bags, or any other items that aids in transporting a resource.

How about if they stack it all up? :P
Anyway, I support bottles 100%. Anyone knows that anphorae aren't pratical. They keep falling when I put them on my stone table.
Idriveayugo

Postby Idriveayugo » Mon May 04, 2009 12:24 am

How can you stack a liquid? Levitation man. It's quite obvious.
SekoETC

Postby SekoETC » Mon May 04, 2009 12:34 am

I would support a wider array of storage items no matter what they are called. At least discuss it in RD, assuming there's more than one person to hold a discussion. I complained about storage containers in general discussion earlier but no one replied, maybe because everyone knows things won't be changed or improved anyway. Usually the argument against adding new storage items is that it would make people less likely to build old storage items since the build requirements are too big, but either you have to increase capacity or lower the costs, or simply accept that they are inefficient and new technology can produce containers that require less material but more capacity.

Glassware could require clay to be used for molds, that way they required a bit more than sand and soda. If clay is just included as a requirement then there's no need to build molds as separate objects, you can simply assume that it has to be broken to get the finished item out. There could also be a blowing pipe to be used as a tool.
Not-so-sad panda
Henk

Postby Henk » Mon May 04, 2009 12:16 pm

SekoETC wrote:Glassware could require clay to be used for molds, that way they required a bit more than sand and soda. If clay is just included as a requirement then there's no need to build molds as separate objects, you can simply assume that it has to be broken to get the finished item out. There could also be a blowing pipe to be used as a tool.

Clay molds? I'd suggest stone or steel ones...
Welke sadist kwam er op het idee om een "s" in het woord slissen te zetten?

Als je probeert te falen, en je slaagt, faal je dan?
*Wiro

Postby *Wiro » Mon May 04, 2009 2:03 pm

How the heck are you supposed to make a mold out of stone? Surely that'll become hell of a misshaped bottle. And what about steel? Are you going to use your hands to shape steel into a mold? :S Clay seems perfectly fine to me.

Return to “Implemented Suggestions”