I want editable notes to disappear after erasing content.

Threads moved from the Suggestions forum after implementation

Moderators: Public Relations Department, Players Department

w.w.g.d.w

I want editable notes to disappear after erasing content.

Postby w.w.g.d.w » Fri Nov 14, 2008 10:39 pm

Their number is rising at an alarming rate (are reproducing as bacteria, through the division), somebody rarely uses old so should die.
joo

Postby joo » Sun Nov 16, 2008 8:55 am

LOL Automatic translators can be so funny :lol:
Piscator
Administrator Emeritus

Postby Piscator » Sun Nov 16, 2008 2:52 pm

I still understand what is meant though and it's worth thinking about. If you take an editable note and erase its content, it's virtually destroyed. I don't see a reason why the paper should still lie around.
I agree that ineditable notes should be permanent, but being able to erase all the others would be a good thing.
Pretty in pink.
w.w.g.d.w

Postby w.w.g.d.w » Sun Nov 16, 2008 4:04 pm

Empty, editable notes are unnecessary if it's possible at any time to do new.
They should automatically disappear.
Noneditable also if we have a few copies, they are only slowing loading side.
They should disappear after pressing some button.
Press and we have only 1 copy noneditable note.Noneditable notes won't disappear completely,1 copy will always stay.
I hope that it's now quite intelligibly and at least a first part of my idea will be accepted.
BZR

Postby BZR » Sun Nov 16, 2008 5:26 pm

Good idea.

But.. wwgdw - you could have asked somebody to translate it for you;)
loading side.

Beware of forklift trucks!
joo

Postby joo » Sun Nov 16, 2008 9:27 pm

Yes, since there is button to make a new note at any time, that's basically the same as labelling all your spare notes something like "scrap paper" and editing one whenever you want to write a new note - except faster.

The only problem I can see with this is that sometimes the most important information in a note is in the title, if the author wanted somebody to read it as quickly as possible - in this sense, a note should only be erased if both fields are empty, which would make it a bit more voluntary.

<slightlyOffTopic>I think it would create an interesting situation in the game if, once the number of the editable notes reaches a certain level, the automatic ability to make notes out of thin air is removed. :D Now all those note-hoarders will have something of value to the rest of the world. Of course, if this were announced it would cause massive duplication and creation of blank notes to prepare, so it would have to be done stealthily. And, of course, it should be possible to make notes from reed or wood pulp, or slate, or hide with the correct tools.</slightlyOffTopic>
w.w.g.d.w

Postby w.w.g.d.w » Sun Nov 16, 2008 9:50 pm

Empty note = without title and content
BZR wrote:But.. wwgdw - you could have asked somebody to translate it for you;)

I understand what I'm writing, my automatic dictionary also because I am interpreting content both ways without the loss, I am trying,usually. :D
*Wiro

Postby *Wiro » Sun Nov 16, 2008 9:53 pm

w.w.g.d.w wrote:Empty note = wichout title and content
BZR wrote:But.. wwgdw - you could have asked somebody to translate it for you;)

I understand what I'm writing, my automatic dictionary also because I am interpreting content both ways without the loss, I am trying. :D

It's good trying to do it yourself. Much easier to learn better English like that. :) So, good job.

I think that only if the note is uneditable, it should be destroyed - if at all.
Editable notes are no real problem in my opinion.
Read about my characters by following this link.
w.w.g.d.w

Postby w.w.g.d.w » Sun Nov 16, 2008 10:17 pm

At one time you will have mass of thing in inventory,they won't be a problem, real problem off course. :P
Everything sweep into envelope and problem disappeared,yeah!
Why someone can see in this problem?I don't understand.
Piscator
Administrator Emeritus

Postby Piscator » Thu Apr 23, 2009 11:04 pm

ceselb wrote:Correct, you can't currently delete notes. There was some discussion about it though, and I think Jos changed his mind a bit about the subject. So we could implement it. It's quite easy to add burning of notes, unless I'm missing something glaringly obvious in the db. I could do it in a couple of minutes, unless I'm mistaken.

I guess it's time to restart the discussion.
Pretty in pink.
Dudel

Postby Dudel » Thu Apr 23, 2009 11:09 pm

YES! Get rid of 'Trash' envelopes! DO IT NOW!

GOD, or not, there are so many worthless notes lying about. ONLY problem I see with this is people removing history and journals because they find them 'trash'. Or even destroying every map at a location.

There should be a project that requires SOMETHING not just 'delete' or you'll have a BIG ISSUE!
DylPickle

Postby DylPickle » Thu Apr 23, 2009 11:18 pm

Burning notes at a firepit (or equivalent) requiring a bit of fuel? Each note takes an hour to burn.

New machine: Note Shredder? Takes some kind of fuel, but has projects that can kill different amounts of notes at once.
Project shredding notes (1)
Project shredding notes (5)
Etc.
tripside

Postby tripside » Thu Apr 23, 2009 11:32 pm

DylPickle wrote:Burning notes at a firepit (or equivalent) requiring a bit of fuel? Each note takes an hour to burn.

I was going to say the same if anything we should be able to burn them...They are paper after all.
tripside round 'till the world flips upside down
SekoETC

Postby SekoETC » Thu Apr 23, 2009 11:50 pm

They are not paper, they are immaterial since they are created out of thin air. Since they can be created by a single click, it wouldn't make much sense to require more time to delete them. If it's something important, people can keep copies to themselves. There should eventually be ways of making longer writings on physical objects and those would be harder to destroy, but generally destroying something always takes less time than creating it.

Perhaps creating, saving and copying a note as well as deleting one could give about 1% tiredness so that if someone erases a whole library or creates a bunch of notes for note bombing, they would be easier to drag.
Not-so-sad panda
Litchin_flip

Postby Litchin_flip » Thu Apr 23, 2009 11:56 pm

Just because they are created from nothing doesn't make them immaterial. They can not be immaterial because they exist so they are obviously some sort of material.
SIMMONS--SNOWWIS--hmmm interesting don't you think

Return to “Implemented Suggestions”