Burial Caskets

Threads moved from the Suggestions forum after implementation

Moderators: Public Relations Department, Players Department

Yömyssy

Burial Caskets

Postby Yömyssy » Sat Jun 16, 2007 4:42 pm

I did a search and couldn't really find anything related so:

Instead of the crypts and mausoleums etc. etc. why won't we just make caskets?

Wood and a hammer. Knife or a paintbrush if you want to get some notification for it. Then possibly if you want to make many different types of caskets some silver/bronze/gold/anything for the looks, maybe some cloth for the interior pads etc. (and the cloth would make it reguire a needle or something like that)
And making it a lockable container would have some idea. It'd be able to hold a body + 10kg(?) or just stuff, if you'd like to.

then you can simply drag the casket in to/make the casket in the 'Placename Memorial - a brand new cottage'. drag the body into the building, drag it into the casket and voilá! You have yourself an honored body.

(please kill me if this is suggested (and rejected) before... or in the game already :( )

[edit: hahaa! the word I was looking for 10 minutes before daring to post this is 'coffin' and now i've found at least 1 post with this idea ^_^]
wichita
Administrator Emeritus

Postby wichita » Wed Jun 20, 2007 1:01 am

If nothing else, it would be nice to code these as draggable monuments. That way, you could write the name of the honoured deceased on them. :)

Ja sinun avatarelokuva on vielä hauskaa! :lol:
"Y-O-U! It's just two extra letters! Come on, people! This is the internet, not a barn!" --Kid President
buddyhall

re

Postby buddyhall » Thu Jul 12, 2007 3:09 am

i'd say no because alot of people are trying to get away from traditional stuff ingame but wouldn't it be cooler if we could use bodys for tings like for exaple to make a mummy or make soap with them or something??
"Great spirits have often encountered violent opposition from weak minds." einstein
SwimFan

Postby SwimFan » Thu Mar 06, 2008 10:55 pm

I think this is a really interesting idea. Making a dragable wooden coffin...

Would living people be able to get inside it? Then it'd be sort of like a dragable building. But it could make for some interesting RP. :-D

Would they be lockable? To give some sort of protection against graverobbers.

If living people weren't able to fit inside the coffins for some reason it would essentially be like a specially shaped wooden crate that can hold over 60k. I'm sure many people would like to be buried with certain artifacts so it should probably hold a bit more. But then, you can't put custom signs on storage items so something would have to be changed there.
I don't actually swim all that often

<A>site</A>

Money

Postby Money » Fri Mar 07, 2008 2:26 am

I know I want to eventualy bury my charector all respectible you know with burial goods and what not. And this would make that alot cooler to do so.
Talapus

Postby Talapus » Fri Mar 07, 2008 3:05 am

Storage containers cannot hold objects or bodies
Things cannot be dragged into storage containers
Storage containers cannot be locked
Locations cannot be dragged

While I would like to see new ways to treat bodies, this would require tons of new code. I wouldn't expect to see it any time soon.
Doug R.

Re: Burial Caskets

Postby Doug R. » Sun Oct 07, 2012 4:21 pm

Since all of the obstacles cited by Talapus have been overcome, I'm re-opening this suggestion.

Yömyssy wrote:Instead of the crypts and mausoleums etc. etc. why won't we just make caskets?

Wood and a hammer. Knife or a paintbrush if you want to get some notification for it. Then possibly if you want to make many different types of caskets some silver/bronze/gold/anything for the looks, maybe some cloth for the interior pads etc. (and the cloth would make it reguire a needle or something like that)
And making it a lockable container would have some idea. It'd be able to hold a body + 10kg(?) or just stuff, if you'd like to.

then you can simply drag the casket in to/make the casket in the 'Placename Memorial - a brand new cottage'. drag the body into the building, drag it into the casket and voilá! You have yourself an honored body.
Hamsters is nice. ~Kaylee, Firefly
Greek
Programming Dept. Member/Translator-Polish

Postby Greek » Thu Oct 25, 2012 9:02 am

Approve.
Coffins should be made as draggable and buriable with body inside.
Sarcophagi as fixed objects.
‘Never! Run before you walk! Fly before you crawl! Keep moving forward! You think we should try to get a decent mail service in the city. I think we should try to send letters anywhere in the world! Because if we fail, I’d rather fail really hugely’
Spaztikko

Postby Spaztikko » Thu Oct 25, 2012 10:22 am

And then, we can bury people alive!

:twisted:
Mr. Bones

Postby Mr. Bones » Sat Dec 01, 2012 12:51 am

This is work in progress with RD. Moving to accepted.
Mr. Bones

Postby Mr. Bones » Sat Dec 01, 2012 11:08 pm

Return to “Implemented Suggestions”