Increase drag capacities with wheelbarrow

Threads moved from the Suggestions forum after implementation

Moderators: Public Relations Department, Players Department

Chris Johnson

Increase drag capacities with wheelbarrow

Postby Chris Johnson » Thu Apr 19, 2007 2:17 pm

As suggested here here and here

Allow objects, such as Wheelbarrow, to be used to increase amount a person can drag .
Cantryjczyk

Postby Cantryjczyk » Thu Apr 19, 2007 2:47 pm

Please make easier to drag somehow just part of big store, not all. (like transport 200.000g from 500.000g pile). Now it is impossible, you can try drag all, or nothing. Wheelbarrow should make possible draging 20kg or 25kg or something like that from big supply at once. In nice portions. They are resources, like many stones, not one big stone you must drag. I write about that before on polish forum with more detail. What we have now is not optimal and user friendly.
Każdy ma swój punkt widzenia, ale nie każdy z niego coś widzi.
Solfius

Postby Solfius » Thu Apr 19, 2007 5:57 pm

Here is the reason why that can't be done, from the English section
Chris Johnson wrote:As said in This thread

Chris Johnson wrote:
The problem with any partial dragging (either selection of amount to drag, or dragging all you can) is that the initial pile of resources can change its state in numerous ways - people can add to it, take things from it , projects can complete and end up adding to it, it can be dragged by others and outside a lot of resources can rot during the day.

Even in a dragging project which seems to work immediately there are plenty of chances for the pile to be altered because of the numerous checks which are made on dragging (object still there, you're not doing any thing else, the target is unlocked etc), for simplicity's sake we overcome this by requiring the whole pile to be moved.

Because of this it is unlikely we will implement a partial moving system - especially as there are in-game methods of achieving that - they may not be ideal but characters can take several journeys .

There is some merit in the wheelbarrow suggestions

Doug R.

Postby Doug R. » Tue Aug 18, 2009 10:30 pm

Another very useful suggestion that's been dormant. Wheelbarrows need more uses. What are the technical hurdles here?
Hamsters is nice. ~Kaylee, Firefly
Peanut

Postby Peanut » Tue Aug 18, 2009 10:53 pm

Does this affect dragging people, resoucres, objects, notes or envelopes? Or all of them?
Doug R.

Postby Doug R. » Tue Aug 18, 2009 11:40 pm

If such things can be distinguished, it might not be a bad idea to not allow it to aid in people dragging, since that already involves other mechanisms (relative strengths of the two involved, etc) and because we don't want to make killing any easier. Someone might object to being placed in a wheelbarrow.
*Wiro

Postby *Wiro » Tue Aug 18, 2009 11:44 pm

I think the wheelbarrow thing on people is fine. Would be great for people who are too damn weak to do a thing.
Read about my characters by following this link.
Cogliostro

Postby Cogliostro » Wed Aug 19, 2009 12:06 am

I object to being wheelbarrowed, and I saw that you implemented straitjackets, you can stop whispering about it now. :D :D
Doug R.

Postby Doug R. » Wed Aug 19, 2009 12:09 am

I don't think they do anything. They're just RP clothing.
Ryaga

Postby Ryaga » Wed Aug 19, 2009 1:03 am

Why not just have it so wheelbarrows are a container, but have them have special code so whenever something is placed inside their weight is altered to be 1/3rd of it's contents weight?
Elros

Postby Elros » Wed Aug 19, 2009 2:49 am

Ryaga wrote:Why not just have it so wheelbarrows are a container, but have them have special code so whenever something is placed inside their weight is altered to be 1/3rd of it's contents weight?

Interesting idea, that might work...

However we come up with this, I am for it. However, I do not think characters should be able to be put in it and moved while they are alive. It is fine for dead bodies and resources, but not living characters. Even when people are offline, their characters are still technically awake because they work on projects and hear and see everything that happens. So, allowing a weak person to put a living character into a wheelbarrow and move him would suggest that the character was awake and put up no fight or resistance.
Every action has a consequence.
Doug R.

Postby Doug R. » Wed Aug 19, 2009 12:55 pm

Moved to programming for implementation.
BZR

Postby BZR » Tue Oct 06, 2009 7:15 pm

Done.

Enjoy!

To be exact, it helps dragging resorces and objects, but not people.
tiddy ogg

Postby tiddy ogg » Wed Oct 07, 2009 8:18 am

Yay! That will help all those limestone miners... and pirates?
joo

Postby joo » Wed Oct 07, 2009 5:02 pm

Brilliant!

Return to “Implemented Suggestions”