Magnetite

Threads moved from the Suggestions forum after implementation

Moderators: Public Relations Department, Players Department

Sz0p3n

Magnetite

Postby Sz0p3n » Fri Jan 26, 2007 7:51 pm

I have a suggestion for the programers. If hematite can be gathered by drills and pickaxe, why can't magnetite and taconite be gathered with similar tools and machines too? I think it's quite unfair. I think it should be fixed up soon.

Do other Cantr-maniaks (like me :P ) agree with me? What do you think of it?
the_antisocial_hermit

Postby the_antisocial_hermit » Fri Jan 26, 2007 7:57 pm

I think many would agree for cotton.

I've not come across those resources, but I imagine it should be similar to getting hematite with other tools. Don't know why it wouldn't be, but I'm sure someone will come up with some bs reason about game balance or something.
Glitch! is dead! Long live Glitch!
Remember guys and gals, it's all Pretendy Fun Time Games!
Antichrist_Online

Postby Antichrist_Online » Fri Jan 26, 2007 8:58 pm

Magnetite is going to have an alternative use methinks.
Mistress's Puppy
Sz0p3n

Postby Sz0p3n » Fri Jan 26, 2007 10:00 pm

Antichrist_Online wrote:Magnetite is going to have an alternative use methinks.

Nope... Magnitite is a substitute of the hemitite. After crushing it also gives iron ore
wichita
Administrator Emeritus

Postby wichita » Fri Jan 26, 2007 11:55 pm

This sounds reasonble to me. It just hasn't made it onto our to do list yet. :) Now it is on there.
"Y-O-U! It's just two extra letters! Come on, people! This is the internet, not a barn!" --Kid President
Surly

Postby Surly » Sat Jan 27, 2007 2:21 am

I always hoped that magnetite and taconite would become alternative iron ores of different efficiency.

Maybe the lack of drill represent that difference?

Of course, I would probably feel differently if I sat on magnetite or taconite. Or actually thought it worthwhile to build drills.
Formerly known as "The Surly Cantrian"
Former CD chair, former MD chair, former RD member, former Personnel Officer, former GAB member.
dryn

Postby dryn » Sat Jan 27, 2007 2:29 am

[quote="The Surly Cantrian"]I always hoped that magnetite and taconite would become alternative iron ores of different efficiency.
[quote]

I just looked at the wiki and I think there is a difference (there is a list of numbers but it doesn't explicitly map them onto the resources). Each one produces a different amount of iron ore.
Surly

Postby Surly » Sat Jan 27, 2007 2:33 am

There is indeed a slight difference. Maybe I should have said I hoped for a more marked difference?
Former CD chair, former MD chair, former RD member, former Personnel Officer, former GAB member.
Sz0p3n

Postby Sz0p3n » Sat Jan 27, 2007 7:25 pm

Yeey! Accepted! Hope you will implement it fast :)

The Surly Cantrian wrote:There is indeed a slight difference. Maybe I should have said I hoped for a more marked difference?

Hmmm... I think that there shouldn't be any difference. But... what about difference in number of gathering? Hematite can be gathered 750g/day (iron ore would be 525 g = 70% * 700g), Magnetite could be gathered for ex. 875g/day (iron ore 525g = 60% * 875g) and tactonite 1050g/day (iron ore 525g = 50% * 1050g)

But as I said at the beginning I think it isn't a good idea with making these minerals different.
Surly

Postby Surly » Sat Jan 27, 2007 9:45 pm

Next to completely pointless having them if they are so similar.
dryn

Postby dryn » Sat Jan 27, 2007 10:53 pm

Sz0p3n wrote:But... what about difference in number of gathering?

That is effectivly the same difference that we have now. They all are gathered at 750g/d but give different amounts of iron ore. So effectively you are harvesting amounts of 'iron ore potential' per day for each resource.

Personally I think the type of difference is fine. It allows for some placed to be more iron rich then others. Perhaps it could be a little more exaggerated, or perhaps not.
wichita
Administrator Emeritus

Postby wichita » Sun Jan 28, 2007 7:07 pm

We could exaggerate the differences, but then we would just be "punishing the players" who happen to be located around taconite and magnetite locations. And haven't we been doing enough of that lately?
"Y-O-U! It's just two extra letters! Come on, people! This is the internet, not a barn!" --Kid President
dryn

Postby dryn » Sun Jan 28, 2007 7:19 pm

Hence the 'perhaps'. I don't see any real need for a change, I was just putting suggestions out there. Basically given that you want more of a difference the best way would be to exagerate thier current differences.
Surly

Postby Surly » Sun Jan 28, 2007 7:53 pm

wichita wrote:We could exaggerate the differences, but then we would just be "punishing the players" who happen to be located around taconite and magnetite locations. And haven't we been doing enough of that lately?
Aha, but you would miss the point there. I originally hoped that these resources would be in addition to the spread of hematite, so that these harder variants would be a bonus where there before had been nothing, not replacing hematite.

Anyway, that was just what I hoped. Doesn't really matter now. :)
trexdino

Postby trexdino » Sun Mar 23, 2008 1:36 am

Should this not be movedto implemented thread?
When you hope for something, you often believe in something. When you believe in something, you often have pride in it. Being proud often leads to a hating of some group.
As you can see, the Jedi are hypocrites.

Return to “Implemented Suggestions”