Pushing Large Quantities

Threads moved from the Suggestions forum after implementation

Moderators: Public Relations Department, Players Department

N-Aldwitch

Postby N-Aldwitch » Thu Jan 18, 2007 1:48 am

Ah yes, sure, there's tiredness but one could simply drag his or her maximum five times over, thus making the whole strength-restriction-without-assistance rather pointless.
Nakranoth's "evil" character says:
"Thief! That's terrible! *shakes his head* That would hurt people's feeling if I did that."

http://www.sylorn.com - Free MMORPG in development.. need help.
Nakranoth

Postby Nakranoth » Thu Jan 18, 2007 2:20 pm

Oasis wrote:And instead of it just failing if your pile is too large, can it not at least move what you do have the strength to? (at least until we can choose an amount)

This may actually be the best way to allow for it... once a day (or tick if that works better) per resource per location up to your max draging... like this one person can only feasibly drag X amount of resources at a time, but allows for that amount to be less then the total in an area.
Scratch and sniff text
wichita
Administrator Emeritus

Postby wichita » Thu Jan 18, 2007 9:47 pm

I agree. It accomplishes the same end and saves us the extra clicking of having to pick it up it up, go in the other location, drop it, go back out, repeat. It still gives an advantage to stronger characters, as well.

I think it would be a good compromise, if it isn't too difficult to program.
"Y-O-U! It's just two extra letters! Come on, people! This is the internet, not a barn!" --Kid President
tiddy ogg

Postby tiddy ogg » Thu Jan 18, 2007 10:10 pm

Note that you can pick up your maximum, then try dragging the rest, so it can still be some help as it is. But when you get 80 days worth of carrots/potatoes//limestone it's still going to be a pain... but I thought the idea was that it's supposed to take time. (Or was that just an excuse?)
dryn

Postby dryn » Fri Jan 19, 2007 5:48 am

I am just going to remention the use of a wheelbarrow to boost the amount of resources you can drag. It really is quite a nice idea.
tiddy ogg

Postby tiddy ogg » Fri Jan 19, 2007 7:59 am

[quote="dryn"]I am just going to remention the use of a wheelbarrow to boost the amount of resources you can drag. It really is quite a nice idea.[/quote]
A vehicle that can go in buildings. I thought that was the main intention of the wooden cart, but it turned out not to be so.
Chris Johnson

Postby Chris Johnson » Fri Jan 19, 2007 9:15 am

wichita wrote:I think it would be a good compromise, if it isn't too difficult to program.

The compromise was allowing resources to be dragged at all :)

The problem with any partial dragging (either selection of amount to drag, or dragging all you can) is that the initial pile of resources can change its state in numerous ways - people can add to it, take things from it , projects can complete and end up adding to it, it can be dragged by others and outside a lot of resources can rot during the day.

Even in a dragging project which seems to work immediately there are plenty of chances for the pile to be altered because of the numerous checks which are made on dragging (object still there, you're not doing any thing else, the target is unlocked etc), for simplicity's sake we overcome this by requiring the whole pile to be moved.

Because of this it is unlikely we will implement a partial moving system - especially as there are in-game methods of achieving that - they may not be ideal but characters can take several journeys .

There is some merit in the wheelbarrow suggestions

Return to “Implemented Suggestions”