Weapon damage seperate for characters and animals

Threads moved from the Suggestions forum after implementation

Moderators: Public Relations Department, Players Department

formerly known as hf

Weapon damage seperate for characters and animals

Postby formerly known as hf » Tue Nov 14, 2006 5:11 pm

Is this done already?

I know weapons have attack values - but is it the same attack value for animals and characters alike?

Would it be possible to add an aditional attack value for weapons which is the value considered when attacking animals?
That way, bone spears, primitive bows and the like, as well as more expensive bows and spears, could continue to be poor combat items, but better hunting weapons.

This would help to improve the lot of characters on new islands who have their CRBows but no claymores... (and it's also make hunting more realistic - wiping out wolves with sabers?)
Whoever you vote for.

The government wins.
Nakranoth

Postby Nakranoth » Tue Nov 14, 2006 5:31 pm

That, or adding diffrent aggravation numbers to diffrent weapons, so that you're substancially more likely to be attacked back swinging a sword at it than shooting it with a bow.
Scratch and sniff text
Jos Elkink
Founder Emeritus

Postby Jos Elkink » Tue Nov 14, 2006 5:40 pm

Moved to accepted suggestions - hopefully someone will implement this asap - I quite agree ...
Marian

Postby Marian » Wed Nov 15, 2006 4:52 pm

This is a great idea, glad it was accepted!

Bows, spears, and other projectile weapons should always do a lot more damage to animals then swords. (well technically they should just be a lot more likely to hit them in the first place, but that might be harder to program)

Most people carry around two weapons anyway, so it wouldn't be that big a deal, but only guards or other people who think they're going to be fighting would have a good reason to carry around giant swords.
formerly known as hf

Postby formerly known as hf » Wed Nov 22, 2006 3:20 pm

Marian wrote:This is a great idea, glad it was accepted!

Bows, spears, and other projectile weapons should always do a lot more damage to animals then swords. (well technically they should just be a lot more likely to hit them in the first place, but that might be harder to program)
A different hit % for animals / people would be a much better implementation.
SekoETC

Postby SekoETC » Wed Nov 22, 2006 8:04 pm

Different HP? I was just about to suggest that. It doesn't say percent currently, as far as I can remember.
Not-so-sad panda
Arlequin

Postby Arlequin » Thu Nov 23, 2006 10:54 am

Also those 'human-slayer' weaponry shouldn't be more cumbersome? So actually you must make a choice between carring a heavy sword or the raw materials you live of.
Greek
Programming Dept. Member/Translator-Polish

Re: Weapon damage seperate for characters and animals

Postby Greek » Thu Jun 14, 2012 6:12 pm

Possibility to do so - implemented. :D
But RD for now didn't use it.
‘Never! Run before you walk! Fly before you crawl! Keep moving forward! You think we should try to get a decent mail service in the city. I think we should try to send letters anywhere in the world! Because if we fail, I’d rather fail really hugely’

Return to “Implemented Suggestions”