Pillows

Threads moved from the Suggestions forum after implementation

Moderators: Public Relations Department, Players Department

Spillages

Pillows

Postby Spillages » Mon Aug 28, 2006 10:21 pm

Mostly just for RP'ing but if you wanted to you could add something so you can rest on them, like a portable bed for resting projects.

Silk pillows, cotton pillows, wool pillows, hide pillows, stuffed with feathers, stuffed with wool, stuffed with cotton, stuffed with rocks or dung... not rocks or dung I am just thinking too much. They can be made from just about anything and stuffed with just about anything.
silence is golden;
DUCT TAPE IS SILVER!
Augery

Postby Augery » Tue Aug 29, 2006 3:11 am

I was also thinking Fur rugs should be mobile, and Cloaks and Kilts should help you rest. I'm certain people have used them to sleep on/under over the years.
N-Aldwitch

Re: Pillows

Postby N-Aldwitch » Tue Aug 29, 2006 4:35 am

Spillages wrote:Mostly just for RP'ing but if you wanted to you could add something so you can rest on them, like a portable bed for resting projects.

Silk pillows, cotton pillows, wool pillows, hide pillows, stuffed with feathers, stuffed with wool, stuffed with cotton, stuffed with rocks or dung... not rocks or dung I am just thinking too much. They can be made from just about anything and stuffed with just about anything.

HEHEHE I know your character would like one right now Spillages!! XD
Nakranoth's "evil" character says:
"Thief! That's terrible! *shakes his head* That would hurt people's feeling if I did that."

http://www.sylorn.com - Free MMORPG in development.. need help.
Mykey

Postby Mykey » Tue Aug 29, 2006 4:37 am

It`d be nice to have a pillow in my trading cart... Hopefully it will not weigh to much :roll:
I know that you believe you understand what you think I said, but I'm not sure you realize that what you heard is not what I meant.

I am so clever that sometimes I don't understand a single word of what I am saying.
Spillages

Postby Spillages » Tue Aug 29, 2006 4:49 am

Could be used as a weapon, PILLOW FIGHTS!!!
silence is golden;

DUCT TAPE IS SILVER!
fishfin

Postby fishfin » Tue Aug 29, 2006 6:20 am

If it is used as a wepon it shouldn't take off much
The following statement is not true.

The previous statement is not true.
tiddy ogg

Postby tiddy ogg » Tue Aug 29, 2006 7:15 am

1777.7 You kill Adulterer with a pillow.

This body seems less than a year old. The cause of death was feather allergy/suffocation.
Rusalka

Postby Rusalka » Tue Aug 29, 2006 8:37 am

Spillages wrote:Could be used as a weapon, PILLOW FIGHTS!!!

Yeah, absolutely! :D Would be nice practice weapon :)
Artur wrote:ja chce miec fabryke i czarnuchow w niej a nie dom z ogrodkiem kurna i nie zycze sobie zeby mnie ktos pouczal o graniu w cantr qrka
wichita
Administrator Emeritus

Postby wichita » Tue Aug 29, 2006 2:06 pm

There is a technical issue that would keep them from being carried and used as resting furniture (unless Chris has found a work around for it by now). They would most likely be added as furniture for roleplaying items.

Since we are trying to get more RP focused items into the game, I am going to go ahead and move this to Accepted Suggestions. I am not promising a resting function for them when they are added, though. Or damage, though they would be a nice replacement for wasters. :)
"Y-O-U! It's just two extra letters! Come on, people! This is the internet, not a barn!" --Kid President
sanchez
Administrator Emeritus

Postby sanchez » Sun Jan 28, 2007 6:40 pm

*Bump*
What's the status of this? Transportable objects that can be used for resting, like feather pillows, woolen blankets, crocheted afghans, plush toys, etc...? Could they be dropped like the bucket and mixing bowl before being used? Ought to have at least a small benefit from use, beyond rp.
Chris Johnson

Postby Chris Johnson » Sun Jan 28, 2007 7:26 pm

Movable resting projects are a long way off (as are any movable projects) - I'd suggest that RD implement these as non-resting objects for RP use (and as weapons if you want ) and when movable resting projects are implemented update the object with the necessary setting then.
sanchez
Administrator Emeritus

Postby sanchez » Sun Jan 28, 2007 7:31 pm

I don't want to transport an active project, only the tool or machine for one. Is resting that different?
wichita
Administrator Emeritus

Postby wichita » Sun Jan 28, 2007 8:23 pm

I agree with Chris. The trouble lies in the fact that when you start a resting project, the machine is locked and cannot be used until the project is cancelled. If the machine is carried away, the existing project will remain at the location, but the object will not be able to be used for resting elsewhere until you go back to cancel the old project. This adds up to annoyingly problematic.
"Y-O-U! It's just two extra letters! Come on, people! This is the internet, not a barn!" --Kid President
sanchez
Administrator Emeritus

Postby sanchez » Sun Jan 28, 2007 9:08 pm

I think I see. So, is there a way to dynamically generate a unique ID for these sorts of objects in each project they are started in?
Nakranoth

Postby Nakranoth » Sun Jan 28, 2007 10:13 pm

Could we maybe just add a check to make sure it's not being used when you try to leave the area with it? "You cannot leave with (item) while it's being used." And they then either cancel the project, drop the item, or stay.
Scratch and sniff text

Return to “Implemented Suggestions”