Pipes and smoking

Threads moved from the Suggestions forum after implementation

Moderators: Public Relations Department, Players Department

sanchez
Administrator Emeritus

Postby sanchez » Fri Feb 29, 2008 2:39 am

Porcelain clay requires marble, so could we make a more accessible earthenware one, or maybe of ceramic stoneware?
SekoETC

Postby SekoETC » Fri Feb 29, 2008 3:34 am

Sure. Not like I was actively working on this since it was moved off the field of clothing. You can design them if you want.
Not-so-sad panda
Tiamo

Postby Tiamo » Fri Feb 29, 2008 8:26 am

A pipe can be made of (large) bones, or ivory. Some 50g i would say.

This would require a knife (a steel one for ivory!), and at least 2 days of work (comparing it to making a bone arrowhead or bone bagh-nakh, which are easier designs).

As a replacement for tobacco one could use dried grass or hemp. Just include it in the requirements for manufacturing the pipe...

What am i doing here. Helping to introduce a useless, bad habit into the game. :roll:
SekoETC

Postby SekoETC » Fri Feb 29, 2008 12:05 pm

It's not possible to specify that only a steel knife could do the job, as far as I know. That's why we have carving knives. Hmm, including hemp in the project might assure that people won't make a pipe unless they got something to smoke.
Not-so-sad panda
Piscator
Administrator Emeritus

Postby Piscator » Fri Feb 29, 2008 12:15 pm

There are pipes made from glass, metal (at least partially) and a special kind of pumpkin also.

A shisha should be easy to implement, too. Just consider it as a machine which needs a small amount of herbs and produces nothing but hot air. Ideal for people who like to smoke in groups.
SekoETC

Postby SekoETC » Fri Feb 29, 2008 12:17 pm

Haha, project: smoking hemp. In fact, it could be a portable machine, the only problem is that you would have to set it down to load it.
Not-so-sad panda
Pilot
Administrator Emeritus

Postby Pilot » Fri Feb 29, 2008 1:21 pm

Some other pipes

Image Calumet or medicine pipe (peace pipe) materials: clay or stone + reed + feathers

Image Kiseru (japanese) bronze or steel + bamboo

Image Midwakh (arabian) wood + metal
"Give a man a mask and he will show you his true face."
Pilot
Administrator Emeritus

Postby Pilot » Sat Mar 08, 2008 11:59 am

Image Hookah - Shisha - Narghile. Operates by water filtration and indirect heat.

-Components
Bowl: made out of clay or marble, holds the tobacco and coal.
Plate: made out of steel or brass, used for "dead" coals from previous smoking sessions.
Hose: slim tube with a metal or wooden mouthpiece.
Body: hollow tube with a gasket at its bottom that seals the connection of the body of the hookah with the water jar. The gasket may have one more opening with a valve in it for clearing the smoke from the water jar not via the hose.
Water jar: made out of glass.
Grommets: placed between the bowl and the body, the body's gasket and the water jar and between the body and the hose to help to seal the joints between the parts. These are made out of rubber.

mtm21

Postby mtm21 » Sat Mar 08, 2008 2:28 pm

How about just rolling up seaweed and smoking it?... I know someone in Akypor used to do that but now dead for a long time.... Charrie's name was Kenneth, I think.... I will miss our smoke, Kenneth.. Good rping.

Well anyways... I'm all for this bad habbit if you include fat cigars that can cure sneezes. :wink:
""""Beauty is within the heart"""""

http://shezzatopia.myminicity.com
Pilot
Administrator Emeritus

Postby Pilot » Sat Mar 08, 2008 2:43 pm

Long time ago in Mianir they started to smoke spinach using notes as rolling paper 8)
Money

Postby Money » Sat Mar 08, 2008 2:57 pm

So eventually we are goping to see smoking enter Cantr since its acepted and all. Also this gives the oppertunity for addictin, drug running and more illegal activities. In other words a more realistic and fun RP
Rigel Kent

Postby Rigel Kent » Sat Mar 14, 2009 12:25 am

Pipes would be nice tobbaco would be nice any ways for smokers some of us enjoy it you know theres nothing better then a scotch and cigar.
Ice-Man

Postby Ice-Man » Sat Mar 14, 2009 3:18 am

I want smoking pipes. One of my chars is hardcore pipe smoker. Usually when he gets to tell stories about past or listens to such.
ImageImage
Rigel Kent

Postby Rigel Kent » Sat Mar 14, 2009 10:59 pm

also a "water Pipe" for the "hemp" that grows everware would make it funny as hell ever try to do anything like fighting stoned you cant lol.
Money

Postby Money » Mon Mar 16, 2009 12:21 am

I really like this idea :twisted:

Return to “Implemented Suggestions”