Rooms inside of buildings

Threads moved from the Suggestions forum after implementation

Moderators: Public Relations Department, Players Department

Do you think it should take less resources and less time to just make a room?

I think it should be changed to a smaller number.
86%
I think it should stay the same.
14%

Total votes: 28
Solfius

Postby Solfius » Thu Dec 11, 2003 2:58 pm

well, i don't know about years, say 2005? maybe 2006, but why do half the job now, when wait a little to get it totally sorted?
The Hunter

Postby The Hunter » Thu Dec 11, 2003 3:04 pm

You voted Solfius. you voted.

Hehe... And I'd say why ignore present issues while the next version might take years to be implemented?
Life is fun. Play naked with Psycho-Pixie.

"Our enemies are resourceful and innovative".
"and so are we..."
They never stop thinking about new ways to harm our country and people"
"and neither do we"
~G.W Bush
Solfius

Postby Solfius » Thu Dec 11, 2003 4:01 pm

I definately haven't voted, as I still have the anoyying radio buttons to vote with ;)

and I'd say there are higher priority things to work out in this version than minor details about buildings, but I think that partions might be a good interim measure till 2.0 I think that the amount of game time it takes for someone to get resources and build the place is fine, but personally i think the amount of stone required is quite low, which is why I don't care to much for fiddling around with different amounts for different projects
rklenseth

Postby rklenseth » Thu Dec 11, 2003 4:12 pm

I don't think it is possible for what you are asking for in this version of Cantr II, Orion. I think Jos said that the grid system would have to be implemented in order for something like that to work and it wouldn't make sense to overhaul Cantr II 1.0 when it will be replaced by 2.0. Because implementing a grid system for 1.0 would take a lot of time away from working
Meh

Postby Meh » Thu Dec 11, 2003 4:15 pm

I am not saying that anything needs adjusted but a stone room takes three chracter years of effort. Granted it makes the dwelling twice as large but people seem to want smaller rooms.

I thought a little further on the partition and the size/weight of the partition itself would also have to be taken away from the overall dwelling. So both sides of the dwelling would be less than 50% of the original.
The Hunter

Postby The Hunter » Thu Dec 11, 2003 4:44 pm

rklenseth wrote:I don't think it is possible for what you are asking for in this version of Cantr II, Orion. I think Jos said that the grid system would have to be implemented in order for something like that to work and it wouldn't make sense to overhaul Cantr II 1.0 when it will be replaced by 2.0. Because implementing a grid system for 1.0 would take a lot of time away from working

I never asked for it to be changed. :)
And all I meant to say to Solfius is that just because 2.0 is mentioned here and there and will probably take quite some time before it is there, 1.0 shouldnt be forgotten. There's lots of small adjustments and additions making 1.0 more intersting. You're talking as if this version is dead. For really big changes like the grid we need 2.0, I agree.

"and so are we..."

"and neither do we"

~G.W Bush
rklenseth

Postby rklenseth » Thu Dec 11, 2003 4:45 pm

Sorry about not finishing; building that I was in caught on fire.

Anyways; ...on 2.0. I think the way it is for Cantr 1.0 right now is just fine. I can wait to see it in Cantr 2.0.
Solfius

Postby Solfius » Thu Dec 11, 2003 4:58 pm

Orion, Hunter and guide wrote:I never asked for it to be changed. :)
And all I meant to say to Solfius is that just because 2.0 is mentioned here and there and will probably take quite some time before it is there, 1.0 shouldnt be forgotten. There's lots of small adjustments and additions making 1.0 more intersting. You're talking as if this version is dead. For really big changes like the grid we need 2.0, I agree.

well, to my mind, this sugestion is indirectly addressed by the grid system in 2.0. There are certainly many more things we can do to this version before we call it "dead". Two of the big ones we can do, for example, are reproduction and improving the violence system so that is more realistic, and most importantly more balanced
The Hunter

Postby The Hunter » Thu Dec 11, 2003 5:09 pm

Solfius wrote:
Orion, Hunter and guide wrote:I never asked for it to be changed. :)

well, to my mind, this sugestion is indirectly addressed by the grid system in 2.0. There are certainly many more things we can do to this version before we call it "dead". Two of the big ones we can do, for example, are reproduction and improving the violence system so that is more realistic, and most importantly more balanced

Now thats one of two things i wanted to hears. the 2nd one is.... When??? :wink:

"and so are we..."

"and neither do we"

~G.W Bush
Solfius

Postby Solfius » Thu Dec 11, 2003 5:16 pm

well, with violence, if I were able to and it were up to me it would have been done many months ago. and Children would also maybe being worked on, maybe slighltyly delayed. But it aint up to me, so I don't know
The Hunter

Postby The Hunter » Thu Dec 11, 2003 5:19 pm

Solfius wrote:well, with violence, if I were able to and it were up to me it would have been done many months ago.

Lol, I know. We've had long discussions about that. As for the room addition thingy? I dont really care. If I want an extra room, I'd make another house... Gives more status you C?

"and so are we..."

"and neither do we"

~G.W Bush
Solfius

Postby Solfius » Thu Dec 11, 2003 9:36 pm

yeah, status, that's why my buildings are so extensive ;)
Yo_Yo

Postby Yo_Yo » Sun Dec 14, 2003 5:22 am

... So you can't help out and make it shorter in any way? I just want my character to grow sociogicly and possibly economicly. And it is hard to do both while you are stuck in a house. I just have some big plans with that char, and it is just taking too long... :(
Vicki Vale: You're insane!
Joker: I thought I was a Pisces!
creepyguyinblack

Postby creepyguyinblack » Sun Dec 14, 2003 11:18 am

Take slaves to labor for you, of course.
rklenseth

Postby rklenseth » Thu Feb 23, 2006 11:26 am

Moved to implemented as it has already been done.

Return to “Implemented Suggestions”