I noticed....

Threads moved from the Suggestions forum after implementation

Moderators: Public Relations Department, Players Department

LaSt Of ThE DoDo

I noticed....

Postby LaSt Of ThE DoDo » Sun Jul 20, 2003 5:11 am

That there are a lot of tools and resources that either i dont know what they are used for or have no use at the moment. :(
It'd be great to be updated with this stuff if at all possible
Meh

Postby Meh » Sun Jul 20, 2003 6:00 am

When I've asked this and seen this asked the reply is "We're only allowed to know what is on the list of projects and what we learn in the game."

It would be nice if the items that were on the project page where listed somewhere offline. Whould the staff mind if I posted that here or would this be part of the FAQ thread?
Solfius

Postby Solfius » Sun Jul 20, 2003 12:07 pm

What tools you use for what is something you have to find out in game; the reasonsing being: your characters don't instinctively know what each tool does, so they have to find out for themselves.
Alcatraz

Tool chart

Postby Alcatraz » Mon Jul 21, 2003 1:17 am

It would be very nice to have an off-cantr tool sheet with all the names, tools needed, and resources needed. I think one on a web page that's one page (not the many that it is in game) would be very helpful.
Solfius

Postby Solfius » Mon Jul 21, 2003 6:00 pm

now that would be good, and I suppose fine as you automatically know how to make everything and how much it needs (not something which is as I think it should be, but that's another thread ;) )
new.vogue.nightmare

Postby new.vogue.nightmare » Sat Jul 26, 2003 2:51 am

I think what'd be good is a description for items. And in the description, it would maybe hint at an items use, as well. After all, if you can build one, you should at least have some kind of knowledge as to its use, even if you don't know exactly what it does..Of course this'd probably be a chore to implement, but it's just a suggestion
Solfius

Postby Solfius » Sat Jul 26, 2003 9:26 am

A description would be good, for all tools etc,
Meh

Postby Meh » Sat Jul 26, 2003 9:40 am

Beside the use description something that might be neat would be a description of what the tool or device is made of for things that could be localized IRL.

What I mean is....

A hunting bow made from Plaekur Forest wood.

That would mean that resource would aslo have to be specific.

Maybe not as neat as the time it would take to implement.

New topic in Suggestions?
Solfius

Postby Solfius » Sat Jul 26, 2003 9:50 am

Yeah, I can't move it, but it should be in suggestions.

I think having varying quality materials, and being able to tell where they are from (maybe like naming a person, give the wood a name, and you can recognise the same type of ood if encountered by the name?) would be a very good idea. Mr Woodhouse in Quillanoi would be devastated if he found his stone wasn't all that great after all though ;)

Return to “Implemented Suggestions”