Nametags and Emboridered clothing

Threads moved from the Suggestions forum after implementation

Moderators: Public Relations Department, Players Department

Agar

Nametags and Emboridered clothing

Postby Agar » Mon Apr 25, 2005 10:06 pm

To keep from stealing Nick's thread, that has be necroed anew, I started this.

Yes, people wearing name tags are often working crappy jobs, but fighter pilots have their names embrodiered on thier uniforms, as do work reknown chefs and cruise liner captains. If we're doing name tags, can we do embroidery as well?

In my spirit of making cool things harder to do, I'd make it take thread, obviously, and a fine steel needle, so that clothiers will see a rise in the negotiable prices of thier goods. Aslo, this will lead to a change in motive for stripping corpses, either to not bother because everyone will know you stole a dead man's clothes, or to steal the dead man's clothes to try to pass yourself off as him.

It also makes it possible to label prisioners in the more civilised socities, and provide easy identification for visiting ambassodors.
Reality was never my strong point.
Lumin

Postby Lumin » Tue Apr 26, 2005 8:06 pm

I like the idea; in fact I like any idea that allows more customizable outfits, though I see something like this as being used more by clans, town guards, councilors, and other important people than by Joe A. Citizen.

Also, I thought it was worth mentioning that this is the 666th topic in this forum. You all know what that means; Agar is the Antichrist, will bring about the end of the world in fire and blood, etc. etc. etc.

I think maybe we should decapitate him or something just to be safe...
madprofit

Postby madprofit » Tue Apr 26, 2005 10:09 pm

He has kids therfore no time to take over the world.
It'll fit.... I have a saw.
Agar

Postby Agar » Tue Apr 26, 2005 11:18 pm

Lumin wrote:Also, I thought it was worth mentioning that this is the 666th topic in this forum. You all know what that means; Agar is the Antichrist, will bring about the end of the world in fire and blood, etc. etc. etc.

I think maybe we should decapitate him or something just to be safe...

Shhh It's a secret.

Besides, I'm just a brain floating in a jar of nutrient fluid, you can't decapitate me, I don't have a neck.

Now if I can just get Walt Disney's head to turn down his music ... He's a horribe neighbor.
Reality was never my strong point.
Sparkle

Postby Sparkle » Mon Aug 01, 2005 4:01 am

Has this been thought about because personally I think this would be great for businesses and for important people as said above.
a day without cantr, is a day spent in bed convulsing and suffering from withdrawl
Wim van de Griendt

Postby Wim van de Griendt » Tue Aug 02, 2005 6:45 pm

This has been thought about in the past and we think it is a good idea, but it is not yet high enough on the to do list. So it will take a while before it will be implemented, I guess.
"Science is organized knowledge. Wisdom is organized life." -- Immanuel Kant
Anthony Roberts

Postby Anthony Roberts » Sat Aug 13, 2005 6:03 am

Wim van de Griendt wrote:This has been thought about in the past and we think it is a good idea, but it is not yet high enough on the to do list. So it will take a while before it will be implemented, I guess.

What Wim is trying to say is, the idea is ACCEPTED, just you won't see it for sometime.

Comon, Wim, get into the Accepting/Rejecting spirit! I don't want to be the next... uhh... "Guy" from American Idol. What an ass. I mean... this isn't the place for wanting to voice my opinion on him :P
-- Anthony Roberts
Chris

Re: Nametags and Emboridered clothing

Postby Chris » Mon Mar 15, 2010 3:02 pm

Now that character descriptions have been implemented, why not allow us to use that mechanism for name tags? Name tags have already been accepted. Why create a completely separate mechanism? People could write in their descriptions, "He is wearing a small note with 'John Smith' written on it."
Andu

Re: Nametags and Emboridered clothing

Postby Andu » Wed Mar 24, 2010 7:15 pm

Oh Science! A 5 year old topic.

Human's this old could actually reply to this topic.

Return to “Implemented Suggestions”