The superhuman

Forum to play non-Cantr related games on the forum

Moderators: Public Relations Department, Players Department

AoM

Postby AoM » Sun Jun 18, 2006 5:44 am

FYI, you usually want an odd number for these kind of games. Even numbers kind of skew it towards the evil side... Though with one "wolf" instead of two it probably balances out.
Nalaris

Postby Nalaris » Tue Jun 20, 2006 4:12 pm

The bright morning dawns on the small village of hauntsville. The tiny polish village has never known violence and though there have always been some citizens who don't like the others, murder is known only in ghost stories.

Until today. Schme was found dead and it was decided that something must be done about it. The mayor announced that the towns citizens should vote on whom to hang based on whom they thought was the murderer, and that they should send him a letter to his hotel in Paris when the whole thing was over. He then skipped town.

((OOC: So...should I tell you what Schme was now that...you know...))
MrPenguin589

Postby MrPenguin589 » Wed Jun 21, 2006 11:48 pm

A short, fat man stands on the stage where they mayor had been before quickly fleeing to Paris.
"I, personally, think we need to investigate this death! Let's look at this here body and decide what happened to the poor lad. The mayor must know something we don't, because he ran off, didn't he? Maybe we can figure it out looking at this lad. But personally, I have my suspicions..."
He trails off and looks around. He slowly descends the stairs and rejoins the crowd.

(OOC: I assume we are all in a big crowd around the body or something to that effect, so I just palyed it that way... and you can go ahead and announce what Schme was, if you want. Fine by me.)
All of my endings are waiting to begin.
AoM

Postby AoM » Thu Jun 22, 2006 8:31 am

Ayup... probably should go ahead and vote. Shame we don't have some sort of seer or someone who could possibly shed some light on a possible superhuman murderer... or somesuch.

8)

Oh wait... perhaps we do have someone like that? Let's see... 5 people alive on day 1... that allows us... one mislynch.

Well. Since you're here, I'll vote Mr. Penguin. Nothing personal, it's entirely arbitrary on day 1 anyways.

Plus, I'm assuming that Nalaris is allowing unvoting and revoting, correct?
Nalaris

Postby Nalaris » Thu Jun 22, 2006 4:32 pm

Of course.

Schme, by the way, was a lawyer. Though neither the killer nor the one trying to stop him, I think we can all agree that the world is better without him. Her. Whatever gender Schme is!
MrPenguin589

Postby MrPenguin589 » Thu Jun 22, 2006 6:15 pm

Well if we're voting now, then I go for Kael. But just pretty much just because it's an interesting name, and I have a freind named Kalin and he always seemed suspicious to me...
Nalaris

Postby Nalaris » Thu Jun 22, 2006 7:22 pm

And here I was expecting you to accuse AoM because he was the first to accuse someone. Isn't that usually what happens? Whoever makes the first accusation gets hung the first day?
AoM

Postby AoM » Fri Jun 23, 2006 11:14 am

Heh. Kael isn't playing anymore. He's left Cantr, and presumably that means he's left the forums, and this game with it.

By the way, if you guys are fans of online Werewolf games...
http://www.boardgamegeek.com/geekforum. ... type=forum

Good place for active and zany games. After werewolf died on these forums I moved over to that site.
Phalynx

Postby Phalynx » Fri Jun 23, 2006 11:42 am

If you guys do this again I would like in, especially if you start off by posting the clear rules... the rules I lifted were thus:

Werewolf is a game of accusation, deduction, lying, reverse psychology and bandwagoning. Moreover, it's a lot of fun.

The rules are pretty simple: The players represent a village and each member of the village has a role which is kept secret. Most players are ordinary villagers but two or more are werewolves and one is a seer. The goal of the villagers is to elimiate all of the werewolves. Likewise, the goal of the werewolves is to eliminate the villagers which they can do if the number of non-werewolves is equal or less than the number of werewolves.

Gameplay
The game consists of two different phases: Night and Day. The game begins with a Night phase.

Night
In a night phase the moderator will ask the werewolves to choose a villager to eliminate and also ask the seer to choose one player to dream about. The werewolves should decide amongst themselves using the board's PM(private message) function who their victim will be and inform the moderator of their choice. Each werewolf should PM the moderator either the group choice of the victim OR which wolf to whom they've proxied their choice. The seer should decide who his victim will be and inform the moderator of his choice.

The werewolves' victim is dead, but the rest of the village won't find out until daytime who the victim is and what their secret role was.

The seer's victim has his role revealed to the seer only.

Day
During the daytime the villagers all wake up and find that one of their own has been killed by the werewolves. At this point at least one player is a werewolf and so someone is gonna get lynched.

During this phase all players, including werewolves who have assumed villager form, must discuss their suspicions. Eventually it will reach a point where villagers start to cast votes for who they feel is a werewolf and must be lynched. At least half of the villagers must agree on a player for a lynching to occur. Players can change their vote as much as they wish but once a pseudomajority is reached that player is gone and his secret role is revealed. Also, be nice to your moderator and make your vote stand out by bolding it.

If no majority is reached as a result of more than two players accumulating votes, then a runoff is held and the two highest vote-getters are on the block. Anyone who didn't vote for them originally must now choose between the two of them to determine which person will be lynched. If there still isn't a majority by then, a tiebreaker is used. One of the players at risk places a dagger in one of two boxes, and the other player chooses one of those boxes to open. If the box with the dagger is opened, that player is killed.

When the lynching is done all the villagers go back to their homes to sleep and the next night begins.

Winning
In case it's not clear: The villagers win if they kill all of the werewolves. The werewolves win if they kill enough villagers so that their numbers are equal. At this point the werewolves can openly rise up and slaughter the rest of the villagers.

Discrepencies

* Absent voters: In most games once a majority is reached the game continues on from that point. However, it could happen that a player does not vote when prompted for one. A warning will be applied for the first infraction and a phantom vote will be applied for each subsequent infraction. A phantom vote is just an extra vote cast against the absent player(essentially he is voting for himself) in order to make it easier for the crowd to lynch that player.
* Compromising privacy: You can say you're a villager/seer/werewolf, etc. all you want but under no circumstances should you post anything that would give your claim absolute credibility. You are not allowed to post any PMs or other private conversation between yourself and the game moderator. Infractions of this rule are grounds for immediately disqualification from that game and all future games.
* Outside interference: Once you are killed in a werewolf game you should no longer post in the thread or communicate with players that are still alive in the game. You're dead. Dead people tell no tales.
* Private messages: A major cause of contention is the ability for people to PM each other and thereby keep other players in the dark about this private communication. Since there is no way to enforce, let alone verify an occurance, PMing other players shall not be expressely disallowed. However, it should be a common understanding that the game is more fun for everyone when all communication is available for everyone to see and thus villagers are discouraged from PMing each other. Besides, would you believe that someone was the seer just because they said so? Werewolves are encouraged to PM each other and agree on who they will kill during any time of the game as this will speed up Night phases.

R.I.P:
Blake Stone, Jizz Bucket, Patterson Queasley, Billy Sherwood, Chavlet D'Arcy, Johnson.
Schme

Postby Schme » Fri Jun 23, 2006 7:58 pm

You mean it's over already?
"One death is a tragedy, a million is just statistics."
Joseph Stalin
MrPenguin589

Postby MrPenguin589 » Fri Jun 23, 2006 7:59 pm

I hope not, we didn't get to lynch anybody yet :(
Schme

Postby Schme » Fri Jun 23, 2006 8:07 pm

True enough. Oldtime lynchings is just what the youth of today need to be doing, to build character. Kids these days, they just don't understand, you know?
"One death is a tragedy, a million is just statistics."

Joseph Stalin
Nalaris

Postby Nalaris » Sat Jun 24, 2006 5:15 am

Alright, I'm taking control now and saying that it was Kael and not Schme killed. Schme's and Kael's roles have been reversed.

That balances things and gives us all long term players to work with. Carry on. Bold your votes and recast where necesarry. Thank you.
Nalaris

Postby Nalaris » Wed Jun 28, 2006 2:32 am

Hello? Citizens...cast your votes...
MrPenguin589

Postby MrPenguin589 » Wed Jun 28, 2006 3:25 am

Pick Schme then. I want to see him die MUAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!

Return to “Forum Games”