Singular Space (NOW HIRING! Positions available: Captain)

Forum to play non-Cantr related games on the forum

Moderators: Public Relations Department, Players Department

Pie

Postby Pie » Sat Jul 08, 2006 3:06 pm

(OOC:PRAIS NALARUS!!!! Can i have a plasma sniper?
Pnumerical Intuitiong Engyn
Paranormal Investigation Exorsism
Porcupine Interspecies Extra_poison
Pick In Enter

... The headquarters of P.I.E.!!!
Nalaris

Postby Nalaris » Sun Jul 09, 2006 1:43 am

A plasma sniper materializes in front of the mechanic, and he is magically filled with full knowledge to use it with.

Meanwhile, Ira and Fhmi continue to battle on...Ira's gun jams and Fhmi misses by a mile. The two aliens advance on the Captain, apparently having totally disregarded Ira as a threat. Guns drawn they prepare to mow down our hero at point blank range. They draw ever closer to the captain, ready to deal out death. Two bursts of plasma fly straight and true, annihilating its targets...

The two advancing enemies. A star fighter which has, apparently, been equipped with atmospheric thrusters, flies overhead after having utterly annihilated the two terrorists. The captain is, for now, safe.

Back by the ambassador, the mechanic notices he suddenly cannot remember how to operate his sniper rifle, and a split second later it vanishes into thin air.
Michabean

Postby Michabean » Sun Jul 09, 2006 5:05 am

The Captain falls to his knees and looks up toward the sky, whispering something incomprehensible, before collapsing on the ground.
AoM

Postby AoM » Sun Jul 09, 2006 5:33 am

Ira, having thrown his pistol at the aliens in a last ditch attempt to stop them after it jammed, now falls to his knees and stares in mild shock at the burning, bloody holes in his thighs.

"Aaaagh!"

"Aaaagh!"

(ooc: Picture Jim Carrey from Ace Ventura 2 when he has two spears thrown into his legs.)
HTX

Postby HTX » Sun Jul 09, 2006 9:41 am

[OOC:]
Aww, c'mon. I understand that you would want to try to keep the players alive so the game doesn't end (which is fair enough, I don't want it to end either, I'm enjoying reading it.. Yes, you've got another fan), but killing off players isn't neccessarily a bad thing, because there are consequences for every action. If not killing them, a alternative of course is crippling them. So they aren't -completely- removed from the game, but there are still consequences.

'Cause, you know.. The game gets dull if there are no (or no severe) consequences. Kind of like playing a FPS with 'god mode' on: entertaining at first, but quickly gets boring.

Anyway, just my ramblings. Feel free to disregard them. Game on.
Michabean

Postby Michabean » Sun Jul 09, 2006 8:18 pm

ooc: The Captain has lost an ear and a hand in this battle. Ira has useless legs. Is this not crippling enough for our fans? :lol:
AoM

Postby AoM » Sun Jul 09, 2006 11:54 pm

ooc: Fleegle, Smirg's player, hasn't been around in a while, so I don't see the problem with killing him off.
HTX

Postby HTX » Mon Jul 10, 2006 12:35 am

[OOC:]
Yeah, but when I said crippled, I meant like, unable to fight, or atleast having -extremely- severe penalties in combat. It would make some interesting situations, keeping the cripples alive (who can't defend themselves, more or less sitting ducks), while the rest of the able-bodied crew struggle to keep themselves alive as well.

Perhaps make it like when the ship was damaged earlier on in the game.. The cripples can't do much (besides communicate of course, and perhaps very limited combat, like throwing a grenade if they have enough strength left) for a few hours (perhaps days) while the medic treats them.

And yeah, but I guess it is fair enough. If the captain is dead, who is going to be making the orders? Though it still could generate some interesting RP. With the character's contrasting personalities, everything would fall into a state of anarchy, which would be interesting to watch.

[EDITED TO ADD]And maybe we should make a Singular Space OOC Discussion thread. Separate all the OOC discussion from the game.

Anyway, just a few suggestions.. Game on.
Pie

Postby Pie » Mon Jul 10, 2006 3:39 pm

Albert hears the screams, and he first sh's to the ambasider and.. the medic person... and then he creeps forward into a bush that is near where he is, and sees the captain with his hurtness, but unable to do anything, he returns to the place where the ambasider is and tells them of the dire situation going on.
Pnumerical Intuitiong Engyn

Paranormal Investigation Exorsism

Porcupine Interspecies Extra_poison

Pick In Enter

... The headquarters of P.I.E.!!!
Nalaris

Postby Nalaris » Tue Jul 11, 2006 12:26 am

For some strange reason, the ambassador isn't there...

Meanwhile, the Captain and Ira(who can't walk) see the fighter that saved them(presumably, they all look pretty much the same, main body beak shaped with two wings curving downwards with guns on the end) lands in a clearing about fifty feet away. The fighter is pretty close to where the ambassador and the others are hiding.

Boy have I got a suprise for you guys...
Michabean

Postby Michabean » Wed Jul 12, 2006 9:17 pm

The Captain hears the ship land and weakly lifts his head to see what is happening. He is too delirious from his wounds to get up and walk over to the area where the ambassador is hiding so he lays his head back on the ground and waits.

ooc: Where is the doctor? Shouldn't she be doing something?
Nalaris

Postby Nalaris » Sun Jul 16, 2006 1:05 am

The doctor should be coming in right about...now!

Captain! Are you okay? What happened to your hand? Is that ship friendly? Should we stick around to find out? Do you know where the ambassador went?
AoM

Postby AoM » Sun Jul 16, 2006 1:19 am

Ira groans. "Medic..."
Michabean

Postby Michabean » Sun Jul 16, 2006 5:53 am

The Captain groans and slowly opens his eyes and looks at the doctor with confusion on his face. Amanda, are you the doctor or the village idiot? Just shut up and help me out here. He struggles to sit up using his only hand. I'm going to bleed to death if you don't do your job soon. He looks at the ship for a long time and then looks over at Albert and nods slightly. Albert, why don't you go check out the ship? They must be on our side since they killed our attackers.
Nalaris

Postby Nalaris » Tue Jul 18, 2006 4:55 am

Shut up, flyboy.
The doctor goes to work on the captains wounds.

I don't have time to type up the whole spiel with the fighter pilot and gunner, so I'll have to get back to you on that...

On the bright side, Pie's back in the game!

Return to “Forum Games”