A Cantr Like Game OUT of Cantr on this Forum ;)

Forum to play non-Cantr related games on the forum

Moderators: Public Relations Department, Players Department

KVZ
Players Dept. Member

A Cantr Like Game OUT of Cantr on this Forum ;)

Postby KVZ » Sat Nov 19, 2005 5:36 am

What do you think about that idea? If you like that, then we should make rules! ;) I have time for a little session :P
Corruption born inside. I'm part of dark side / A.F.K. / We'll steal your dreams and control your minds
https://twitter.com/DukeKVZ / http://www.futurerp.net/pages/link.php?id=24880
Leo Luncid

Postby Leo Luncid » Sat Nov 19, 2005 6:22 am

I guess I have something to say about that. Combat in roleplays may have the offender make it's move on the defender, describing his/her actions as if telling a story. The defender would then have to describe how he/she is to avoid that attack and maybe counterattack, again as if telling a story. This would go on until one of the two opposers are trapped, or unable to logically dodge the other's assault and therefore would have to be hit, that's when the one injured shall describe it's damage, once again as if telling a story. Then go back to step one and start again until one of the two opposers are either willing to surrender the battle, is unable to continue to battle due to unconciousness and so on, or is dead. Simple as that. You understand all that?
KVZ
Players Dept. Member

Postby KVZ » Sat Nov 19, 2005 7:22 am

Yes. I understand all of that. I just wanted to have get reminder from someone :) But there are someone willing to play something like Cantr, but on the forum? I have much time right now, so I can play at the moment. Or be even GM :P

1'st rule: Time here would be go much faster. (I don't need next slow-paced game)
2'nd rule: Everyone musr respect CR (maybe with some changes if someone wants, like mental powers for example)
3'rd rule: Everyone can have 15 chars. GM too.
4'th rule: There would be Gods (GM-s) who will punish those who broke CR.

What do you think? I like to hear Jos opinion in this topic too.
Corruption born inside. I'm part of dark side / A.F.K. / We'll steal your dreams and control your minds
Pie

Postby Pie » Sat Nov 19, 2005 3:54 pm

PRAIS THE ALMITY PLAYER DEPARTMENT GODS THAT RESIDE IN THE FORUMS!!!!!

Ok... first caracter, JHON SHMIGT!!!
nah...

Ok.. i will soon make a caractrer.... i just have to thing of a name.
Pnumerical Intuitiong Engyn
Paranormal Investigation Exorsism
Porcupine Interspecies Extra_poison
Pick In Enter

... The headquarters of P.I.E.!!!
SekoETC

Postby SekoETC » Sat Nov 19, 2005 5:17 pm

15 characters?? In one topic? Are you nuts? This is never gonna work...
Not-so-sad panda
BlueNine

Postby BlueNine » Sat Nov 19, 2005 5:20 pm

I quite like this idea...but it could easily get ruined if it got spammed by some people
Lying in the depths of your imagination, worlds above and worlds below, you can tell a man from what he has to say
nitefyre

Postby nitefyre » Sat Nov 19, 2005 5:37 pm

The rules KeVes thought up are poor, although the idea is not, nor is it novel. My suggestion is one player-one character, you play as the player as you do on any of the other Cantr games i.e. I am Nitefyre, etc. The island itself is a fictional location on or off the Cantr map...perhaps an upper or underworld or another world altogether. Obviously, some of the physics like buildings would have to be premade and could not be further hampered or constructed. What we'd essentially be playing is on one preset location, and what happens within would be the simulation within that location. It would be easier if there were no buildings but if there were, the rule would be that you have to follow normal Cantr physics i.e. you can't hear from inside what is going on outside if you go ***Enters a building*** until you ***exits that building***...etc.
Pie

Postby Pie » Sat Nov 19, 2005 9:47 pm

Ok... so... were will this game be held?

Pick In Enter

KVZ
Players Dept. Member

Postby KVZ » Sun Nov 20, 2005 7:33 am

Well, in CANTR you can have MAXIMAL 15 chars. So, idea of this game is to have MORE this one char. Well, 15 is to much for forum game, but 5 should work well. Anyway, if someone can't handle 5 chars well than she/he should play onyl ONE :!:

I have 5 of my chars spawned already. Their names are in my notepad.
All of them are males.
Leo Luncid

Postby Leo Luncid » Sun Nov 20, 2005 9:58 pm

All right. So where's it going to be? I'm game... Or do we need to discuss this more?
KVZ
Players Dept. Member

Postby KVZ » Tue Nov 22, 2005 12:01 pm

I will create simple textual map and make spawing locations on it and I will use random number generator to see where chars spawned. How much chars you have spawned? 5? Send my PM if they are males or females. Names will stay secret to you still. I awaiting for more players.
fishfin

Postby fishfin » Mon May 08, 2006 1:27 pm

I guess ill try this game, what about fishfin's player #1, fishfin's player #2...
no ill start out with one, his name will be David Ross.
The following statement is not true.

The previous statement is not true.
Pie

Postby Pie » Tue May 09, 2006 1:48 am

I think we should make it a forum Net-game. I HAVE A DREAM!! A WONDERFUL DREAM!!! And this isn't the dream were I bing on all that chokolat. THIS IS A DREAM THAT WE WILL HAVE AN ENTYER FORUM FOR EVERY NET-GAME SUCH AS THIS!!!!

It would work like this. You WILL have to make a topic for each place, and then you will have to create conections to each place. And THEN you will have to do the simpelest thing in the world. You will have to make location THINGS for each topic, such as"Floopy land has this and this animal, this and this recourse, this and this exit this and this and that." And you will have to constantly update that first Post you make with all the stuff in it, and under the certain things you marked as "people" and "animals" and others, it will be(as i alredy said) will have to be constantly updated.

Also, You should make a main topic, also constantly updated, with everyones name and they're inventory.

And of-course(SP?) Under that first post you make with all the technical stuff, there should be another post... and sertain people playing the game should have controll over this thing, making it a players public thing, so that peoples can talk.

Simple as that.

Pick In Enter

Duckers

Postby Duckers » Thu Jun 01, 2006 12:24 pm

Well, I'm in, for this. Sounds interesting. Dunno how to start my characters off, though. Did I miss that?
Valsum

Postby Valsum » Thu Jun 01, 2006 12:40 pm

KeVes you have too much time on your hands :)

But I think I'm in.
"Opera Dei, plasmatio est hominis" (St. Irenaeus of Lyon)

Return to “Forum Games”