V v. W Official Game Thread [Sparkle killed! Vampires Win!]

Forum to play non-Cantr related games on the forum

Moderators: Public Relations Department, Players Department

AoM

V v. W Official Game Thread [Sparkle killed! Vampires Win!]

Postby AoM » Sun Sep 18, 2005 11:40 pm

Vampires vs. Werewolves Rule Reference:

Played like a normal WW game. Day and night cycles. A consensus vote during the day can eliminate a player.

Roles:

Vampire Lord: May choose to either kill an individual during the night, or can instead choose to blood scry (use the seer ability). Blood scrying may only be done if the vampires do not kill during the night.

Vampire Thrall: Can choose (along with the Lord) to drain (kill) one victim per night.

Werewolf Shaman: Can choose to eat (kill) one victim per night or may instead choose to Sense the prey (use the seer ability). Sensing the prey may only be done if the werewolves choose not to kill during the night.

Werewolf Warrior: Can choose (along with the Shaman) to eat (kill) one victim per night.

Hero: May choose to investigate (use the seer ability) one target per night. OR may "empower" one person per night and make them into a warder for the rest of the game. (A warder gains the baner ability). OR may choose to "hunt" (kill) a suspected monster.

Warder: Anyone (except vampires or werewolves) who has been empowered by the hero. May choose to protect one target per night from a monster attack. (Note: Initiates with a mark may be given this power.)

Innocent: Anyone who doesn't begin the game with a role begins as an innocent. An innocent's win condition is for humanity to defeat the monsters. At any time however, an innocent may swear allegience to one of the two dark powers. (This is a permanent change. There is no going back.) Once this is done, the person's win condition becomes that of the side he has chosen. (Those with the Mark of Blood want the vampires to win, those with the Mark of the Claw want the werewolves to win.) (Marks WILL show through if the person is viewed with the seer ability.)

ATTACKING COMPLICATIONS:
If the vampires and werewolves attack each other in the same night, neither side will suffer a loss UNLESS one side outnumbers the other. (Humans with a Mark count as being on a side in this case.)

If the Hero and a monster attack each other, the Hero will win.

WIN CONDITIONS:

There are three sides: Humanity, Vampire, and Werewolf.

Humanity wins if the monsters are defeated before one side can claim victory.

Vampires claim victory only if both Werewolves are dead and the remaining number of vampires is equal to or greater than the remaining number of people who do not have the Mark of Blood.

Werewolves claim victory only if both Vampires are dead and the remaining number of werewolves is equal to or greater than the remaining number of people who do not have the Mark of the Claw.

Game will begin as soon as I write up the intro...
Last edited by AoM on Sat Nov 05, 2005 8:11 pm, edited 10 times in total.
AoM

Postby AoM » Mon Sep 19, 2005 12:36 am

These are dark times. Humanity has discovered, to its great horror, that monsters do walk the night. It began as just sporadic incidents... rumors from outlying villages in the middle of nowhere. Stories of wolf-men coming in the night and devouring hapless townsfolk, inciting anarchy and mob rule. When these stories reached the big cities at first, they were laughable. Obviously something the tabloids had dreamt up. But then the first quarentine happened...

When the Authorities began locking down entire areas of the countryside years ago, the masses of humanity realized for the first time that this was no hoax. More incidents started popping up in news stories despite obvious attempts at cover ups. Mass panic started to spread. People wandered the night looking over their shoulders and carrying whatever protection they could find or afford.

When it became clear that the Authorities attempts at containing the incidents in the countryside was failing, people flocked to the major urban centers for refuge. The metropolises became fortresses, sectioned off by huge grids of steel walls designed to contain any intrusion.

With the heightened sense of security from all this fortification came a new discovery. There was another enemy, one who had been living amongst humanity for centuries. Their infrastructure was so engrained in human society that even the fortress cities weren't safe. Bodies drained of their blood began to show up. Acts of vampirism became common place. And the most populous fortress cities became instead strongholds for these Vampire Lords.

Now the greatest cities have become abandoned husks. Haunted and empty places where the vampires rule over herds of human slaves. And in the countryside the packs of Werewolves run unchecked, with flocks of desparate cultists joining them in the hopes of being spared from death.

It is a time of little hope. But there are some small graces. For whatever their reasons, the Vampires and Werewolves hate each other, and will stop at nothing to eradicate the other side. This takes precedence over all else and it is this fact alone that has allowed humanity to eek out an existence in the few remaining fortress cities.

There are also the Hunters. Not much is known about them except that they're powerful in their own right, and they're fighting on humanity's side. Rumor has it they are descendants from so-called "seers" that used to live out in the countryside before the werewolves showed up. Whatever their origin, their efforts have saved countless lives to date.

The incident that follows occurs in the fortress-city called Last Hope.

During the early hours of the morning you are all awakened by the city alarm bells. Running out of doors you all stand in horror as the giant steel gates surrounding the small neighborhood you are in slam shut and mechanically locked.

An announcement that rings over the city-wide intercom confirms your worst fears.

*crzzzack* "Security breach... Security breach in section I-285-B... Vampire sighting in section I-285-B... Werewolf sighting in section I-285-B... Code red quarentine in progress... all adjacent sections must be evacuated... repeat all adjacent sections must be evacuated... I-285-B has been breached... "*crzzzack*

As if on cue, thunder rumbles in the sky and it seems as though a storm will be here just in time to greet the dawn.

It doesn't take long to find the bodies. I-285-B is an extremely small section, covering only a run down hotel, a few aparment buildings and a small grocery store that hasn't had fresh produce in years. In the middle of the street's intersection are several bodies with claw marks that seem to have been torn apart. And after a bit more searching, the body of a very fit looking man is found on the rooftop of the hotel, his body drained of blood, and a shotgun with a hopelessly twisted barrel lying beside him.

The trapped people gather in the hotel lobby as rain begins to pour outside. None of you really know each other. You either travelers who were staying at the hotel or you lived in the apartments but worked at different areas in the city. And given the ability of vampires and werewolves to blend in with humans, you don't really know who to trust.

One thing is certain. The day time is your ally. That's when humans are as powerful as the wolves and vamps, and you might be able to eliminate one of them by mobbing them. But once the night comes, it's certain there will be more carnage. Your only chance is to survive, by any means necessary...

(I leave your personas and history up to you. Since no one really knows anyone else, it's perfectly acceptable to make up your own background and role play it to your heart's content.)

(One final note, when a person dies, their identity WILL BE REVEALED. Vampires will turn to dust, werewolves will revert to their true forms, and marks will be evident on corpses. This is to propel strategy. If it becomes a problem, then I will consider not doing it in future games.)

The game begins. It is now Day 1.
(Nightfall will occur on Wednesday)
(Make all accusations in bold)
Last edited by AoM on Mon Sep 19, 2005 1:28 am, edited 1 time in total.
Racetyme

Postby Racetyme » Mon Sep 19, 2005 1:16 am

Hello, I am Clint Fortrath, and I was staying in the hotel last night when I heard the announcement..... Does anyone know anything relevant, anything could help.
AngelSpice

Postby AngelSpice » Mon Sep 19, 2005 2:05 am

"I'm Cindy Monterro. I don't know anything. I was sleeping soundly in my hotel room last night." *looks fearfully around at everyone else in the hotel lobby*

"From the announcement, I think there were two attacks last night. The things masquerading as people are probably trapped in here with us."
Nixit

Postby Nixit » Mon Sep 19, 2005 2:12 am

"Yeah yeah... introducing ourselves, blah blah, what good will that do..." *is saying this as he comes in from the hotel* "...when we all die from this invasion of sorts! I'm tellin' yer folks, I would give up now... I've heard o' this thing a comin' since before most you folks was livin!"

He is an older man, a bit hunched in his back but with no cane. He has very bushy grey eyebrows that make up most of his facial and head hair, as he is practically bald otherwise. His eyes are a tinge of green, but mostly grey, as his the rest of his body from age.
Just because you're older, smarter, stronger, more talented... doesn't mean you're BETTER.
The Lurker

Postby The Lurker » Mon Sep 19, 2005 3:32 am

"Well, I think that's being just a little too pessimistic, don't you think? Sure, we're trapped in a cramped hotel with blood-thirsty, immoral, and savage monsters, but we're much better equipped than most who've been caught in this sorta situation!" chimes in a middle-aged fellow with a tacky suit and wispy brown hair.

"The name's Roger McGunderson... I'm a traveling salesman of sorts, a peddler if you will." He pulls out a slightly battered suitcase and cracks it open. "Yep, I've got trinkets of all kinds in here, garlic powder, silver bullets, the whole kit and kaboodle. They've all got at least a 33% success rate, so whaddaya say? I've got very reasonable prices!"
Nixit

Postby Nixit » Mon Sep 19, 2005 3:39 am

*gives a glare at the younger man*

"You folks nowadays think you guys are invincible or somethin'! I'm tellin' you, son, nobody needs your crack pot ol' scams you got there in that... *waggles a finger at the suitcase* ...in that... -thing-. Now this young man Clint said if we have anything relavent to say, and mister! Nuthin' that came outta that mouth right now was worth sayin'! So I suggest you shut yer yappin, or I'll go get my cane from my room, and give you discipline nice and proper!" *ends with a huff, and grumbles angrily before sitting down on a bench to catch some rest*
Just because you're older, smarter, stronger, more talented... doesn't mean you're BETTER.
Racetyme

Postby Racetyme » Mon Sep 19, 2005 4:06 am

Roger, we don't really need any of that, when night time rolls around we are defenseless, regardless of what we have, they simply cannot be beaten, there is no point in trying, and trying to make a profit on this situation hardly seems moral to me. Maybe you should start thinking about how to stay alive before you think about how to make money, it sure as hell won't do you any good if you are dead.
Dee

Postby Dee » Mon Sep 19, 2005 10:17 am

She's sitting alone on a chair right in the middle of the reception hall. She's wearing a wedding gown and tears are rolling down her cheeks

"Gentlemen.. My name is Dee Katim. I ran away last night from my wedding.. They wanted to make me marry that old, disgusting man... Anyway, I don't want to bother you with my story.. But I didn't run away from that old man to find this!!! Surely something can be done, right?"
Augery

Postby Augery » Mon Sep 19, 2005 10:27 am

He is leaning against the wall at the back of the room

It is quite simple, as *thinks for a second*..Clint said, we cant fight these beasts at night, so we must fight them in the daylight, The only difficulty is determinig friend from foe, no silver bullets will help us seek out the beasts
Sparkle

Postby Sparkle » Mon Sep 19, 2005 8:54 pm

*she listens from the stairwell leading to the lobby as she sits rocking with fear...and begans talking to herself* Everything will be ok. You didn't want to go to another boring meeting anyway. You will have to get to know these people and stick together if your ever going to get through this... *After listening to Dee she felt sorry for the woman and realize some people has it worse then she does. So she straightens up her business skirt and buttons the rest of her blazer. She walks up to Dee taking her in her arms*

That sounds just horrible Miss. Are you ok? How rude...let me introduce myself. I am Savasia Lee Sparken. You can call me Sparkle for short if you like. *she moves the woman's hair, that seems to be falling out of place now, out of her face*
a day without cantr, is a day spent in bed convulsing and suffering from withdrawl
AngelSpice

Postby AngelSpice » Mon Sep 19, 2005 10:51 pm

How do we fight them in the daylight? Does anyone have any ideas how we can do that?
Racetyme

Postby Racetyme » Tue Sep 20, 2005 12:05 am

It's simple enough. We decide who is a monster, and together, we all overpower them, they have no special powers in the daylight. *grins*
Nixit

Postby Nixit » Tue Sep 20, 2005 12:23 am

"Simple enough!" *laughs bitterly at the notion* "Easier said than done my boy! Sure, it's easy enough ter kill a guy, but ter kill the -right- guy, now that's a different story yer got there! And is exactly why, fellas, I would say there is a very smidgeonal amount of hope of killin' these beasts before they kill us!" *scoffs, but then shrugs* "But I do serpose that we at least give it maybe one little shot, but we'd best start as soon as possible, and no more senseless talk!"
AngelSpice

Postby AngelSpice » Tue Sep 20, 2005 12:55 am

I want to know why Roger's travelling with items to kill vampires and werewolves. Maybe he's in on the war and those are his weapons.

Return to “Forum Games”