Yes
67%
No
33%

Total votes: 12
Solutions Maximus

About Mafia

Postby Solutions Maximus » Sat Aug 20, 2005 10:07 pm

I don't know if anyone here has ever heard of the card game "Mafia", but I thought it would be an interesting thing to play here on the forums.

In case you don't know how to play, I will briefly explain the rules. In the card game, everyone that plays is given a card, except for the Narrator. If you get a regular card, any number from 2 - 10, you are a towns person. If you get a card that is a queen, you are a nurse. If you get a card of a king, you are a sheriff. And last, but not least, if you get an Ace, you are mafia.

ROLES:
Mafia
Sheriff
Nurse
Towns Person

Now, I will explain how to play. In the card game, the Narrator tells everyone to "go to sleep". How they do this, they just close their eyes and bow their heads. Then the Narrator will say, "mafia, wake up". The people who got a card that was an ace raise their heads and open their eyes. Now the narrator will say "who do you want to kill?". The mafia must then agree on a certain person that they want to kill. When they have, the narrator says "mafia go to sleep". Next, the narrator will say "nurse, wake up. Who do you want to save?". The nurse must point to a person that he/she wants to save, and that person is immune from attacks from the mafia. When the nurse goes back to sleep, the narrator will say "sheriff wake up. Who do you think is the mafia". The sheriff must then point to a person that he/she believes is a member of the mafia. If he is right, the narrator nods, if he is wrong, the narrator shakes his head. Next everyone goes to sleep, then everyone wakes up.

In order to play this game on the forum, we must change the rules a little bit. I will ask every that wants to play to sign up, then I will, using cards, randomly select who gets what role. Then, after I get the roles all sorted out, I will PM each person that is playing the game and tell them what roles they will be playing. This will be more like a story, except, I am the person that writes the whole story. Everyone is able to speak during the town meetings, which happen at the end of every round. I will announce when town meetings begin. When the town meetings are over, a new turn will commence. No one is to talk DURING the rounds. Only at town meetings. I will ask the mafia members to wake up, via the board by saying something like, "In the dead of night, the Mafia members are considering who their next pray will be". That is their cue to send PMs to each other, discussing who they will kill. When they have decided on a target, they will all send a PM to me, telling me which person they have agreed upon.

If anyone has any questions, or would like to join the game, please post.

--Neo
"Turn on, tune in, and drop out."
Varrius

Postby Varrius » Sat Aug 20, 2005 10:56 pm

This game is already being playe din some way on these Forums already, but here it is called the werewolf game.
AoM

Postby AoM » Sat Aug 20, 2005 11:35 pm

Indeed, SM. Check out the original Werewolf game threads, and you'll see that we've been playing that game, and subtle variations for a long time.

My proposed Vampire vs. Werewolf game is the latest installment. You should sign up to play!

Do it! Do it now! :twisted:
Leo Luncid

Postby Leo Luncid » Mon Nov 21, 2005 12:40 am

I find this game more simple than the other similar ones, though. Why isn't anybody playing here? I also like this theme of the game better than the other ones. I'll join if possible...

And where is the very, very first Werewolf game thread everybody's telling new players to look for for the entire rules? Why don't they just give out the link? At least the title of the thread would be useful...
Fleegle

Postby Fleegle » Mon Nov 21, 2005 1:44 am

I'm not interested in playing, but I just felt like throwing in my two cents like a common post-whore. It strikes me that even if it is the same as the Werewolf game, some people might prefer the Mafia theme to the whole Werewolf/Vampire stuff.
Leo Luncid

Postby Leo Luncid » Mon Nov 21, 2005 6:08 am

Well, this topic has been made months ago. I think this is the last time I saw Solutions Maximus or Neo; it's unlikely that the game may start now.
AoM

Postby AoM » Mon Nov 21, 2005 10:16 pm

The idea of monsters too dark for you?

Heck, let's just turn it into a Survivor-theme... :roll:

I'll play Mafia if that's what people want to play. The only reason my game is so complicated is because the "oldbies" have already played the original Werewolf/Mafia game a lot. I'm trying to make things more interesting for those who get picked to be "innocents."

Return to “Forum Games”