WWGV:Victorian Whitechapel: Day 4 Ashes to Ashes

Forum to play non-Cantr related games on the forum

Moderators: Public Relations Department, Players Department

TatteredShoeLace

WWGV:Victorian Whitechapel: Day 4 Ashes to Ashes

Postby TatteredShoeLace » Thu May 05, 2005 4:42 pm

The night seemed restless. The fog had thickened ever more, and the air smelt cold and damp. Some villagers nailed their doors shut that night, others slept with a flintlock under their pillow, but in one house a light flickered beside a desk. Lord Dragonslayer quietly attended to some last minute business plans, dilegently writing a letter to his oversea trade officers. Strangely enough, he turned and faced a cold breeze from a window he did not recall opening. He briskly rose to close it and heard a strange creaking in the house. "Get ahold of yourself old Boy,"he reassured himself, and promptly slammed the window shut. But it still felt very cold, so Dragon looked down to inspect the window for a draft, but noticed a crack in the window. A small spiderweb shatter was in front of him, and it was slightly growing. He looked down only to notice a thin blade had made the break, and it came from behind Dragon, and then through Dragon, before finally finding its way into destroying his window. He felt a warm tingle as the blade came out of him, and he looked into the face of evil. Dragon immediately went to seize his sword cane, but it was no where to be found. He bellowed out at the sword-wielding monster, but before his cries could be answered, all was dark. Then in the silence a window was heard breaking and someone was heard running away from something.
Meanwhile, in a different house's cellar a villager was preparing for battle. Beneath hidden floorboards one may hide their true work, and a chest was soon opened. Donning a scarlet trenchcoat and matching large brimmed exotic hat, the Apprentice carefully stocked the inventory with all the tools needed to end a monster's life tonight...hopefully. A vial of holy water, a crucifix sheath revealing a silver dagger, leather whip, hand held crossbow strung over the left shoulder, and two custom-made flint-locked pistols. With a quick prayer, the apprentice was off into the night.

When the sun had risen and the day thought safe, the villagers scurried to Dragon's to see if their nightmares were true. They came in to find the large man hanging upside from his chandelier by his feet, his throat cut and thus letting his body drain of its precious life sustainance. An ornate oriental dagger lies on the floor and his abdomen bears the cuts of the traditional oriental suicide practice of seppuku. His heart has also been cut out and is now missing, leaving an open and empty chest cavity, one arm has been removed to resemble Mr. Floyd's missing limb. Sparkle then runs in screaming with blood all over herself, and with uncontrollable shakes holds up a heart she says to have woken with. On Dragon's desk lay a letter to Sparkle, leaving her his entire estate, sealed with The Dragonslayer Family crest. As some of the villagers began to quietly clean up the body, someone noticed Mikki was not around. They searched high and low for her, until they found her body in her bed, a crossbow bolt protuding from her chest. And a note that read, "The ripper is dead... but one more horror still stalks the night... People of Whitechapel, we are defending you. Trust in us." Some rejoiced and others became enraged when they noticed that the bottom of the note was stamped with the wax seal of the Vatican. The apprentice had ended Mikki's life in hopes of saving the town. And finally in a quiet shadow of town, another person wondered if he still wanted to help the village, or claim it all for his own. The villagers quietly began their morning, now with two less villagers than before.

Begin Day 3
(Sticky please) CD: Done! (Rev) - Undone! (Rev)
Last edited by TatteredShoeLace on Sat May 14, 2005 5:30 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Dee

Postby Dee » Thu May 05, 2005 4:52 pm

She reads the note next to mikki's body

Does that mean that all the whispers were not misleading? Everything was correct? Well... It's a little too late.. But I'm glad that she's finally dead!

But it also says that there's still another monster left... Was it him or her who killed Dragon?
mortaine

Postby mortaine » Thu May 05, 2005 5:37 pm

The note from this Apprentice fellow was staked to Mikki.... I suspect, then, that Dragon Slayer's death was the work of the evil ones.
--
mortaine.
Dee

Postby Dee » Thu May 05, 2005 6:14 pm

Should we burry the bodies?
mortaine

Postby mortaine » Thu May 05, 2005 6:21 pm

Miss Mortaine looks over at Dee. Neither of them is dressed as a gravedigger.

I daresay, that's not exactly women's work, Miss Dee. No, I think we should leave this for the menfolk. Sad as it may be... to be honest, all this blood is making me a bit faint. Thank goodness Miss Sparkle went into the other room-- we ought really to go check on her, don't you think?

And perhaps make a pot of tea... this is all very troubling, though.... dare we hope that there's someone looking out for us?
--

mortaine.
AoM

Postby AoM » Thu May 05, 2005 10:44 pm

Alex can be seen holding Mikki's body in his hands. His face is numb; his eyes staring off into the distance. Anyone trying to speak to him is ignored. He carries her to the church grounds, laying her body gently to the earth, and begins to silently dig a grave.
swymir

Postby swymir » Thu May 05, 2005 11:04 pm

More death... These killers are very skilled. They leave very little for me to work with and I am afraid that both Mikki and Dragonslayer are beyond my ability to revive. If only I had the proper equipment I could try to help them, but I just can't get the guards to bring me any supplies.
"My mind works like lightning, one brilliant flash and it's gone."
Dee

Postby Dee » Fri May 06, 2005 12:14 am

Alex, I know you loved her and all, but she was the ripper... I always knew it was a female... I'm glad I wasn't wrong!

And I thank the apprentice for getting rid of her, whoever or wherever he or she is... We should have trusted the voice...

Anyhow, we have to work together to find out who the other evil one is...

Where is the sherrif? she looks around for Spider
Nixit

Postby Nixit » Fri May 06, 2005 12:37 am

I told you! It's Sparkle! There's no doubt about it!
Just because you're older, smarter, stronger, more talented... doesn't mean you're BETTER.
Dee

Postby Dee » Fri May 06, 2005 10:17 am

Why do you think it's Sparkle, Nixit?
Nixit

Postby Nixit » Fri May 06, 2005 1:27 pm

Well, you obviously agreed with me for awhile. Naturally, she's the only one in his will, when, specifically, he said that he would give a large portion to charity... and so obviously he did not do that himself. Sparkle comes running out with a heart, I mean, c'mon, there's no reason, out of anyone else, why the killer would put a heart on her chest.

Like you said, the killer must be a female, and I think that both of them are females. Mikki had got new clothes from Sparkle, and I believe she started working there too, so they must've been friends... if not co-killers. *takes a deep breath*
Just because you're older, smarter, stronger, more talented... doesn't mean you're BETTER.
Nixit

Postby Nixit » Fri May 06, 2005 1:29 pm

Ah yes, and Dragonslayer had been defending her the day before... she obviously made every attempt to throw us off.
mortaine

Postby mortaine » Fri May 06, 2005 1:30 pm

And it never occurred to you that the killers may have written that will to frame Miss Sparkle, or that Dragon Slayer may have changed his mind and decided he didn't want his money to go to support this district's bastards and foundlings? He was, after all, quite bitter last night when he went to bed.
--

mortaine.
Nixit

Postby Nixit » Fri May 06, 2005 1:36 pm

No, because if it were to frame Sparkle, I don't think it would've been as obvious. The only reason that I think she would have been even considered is because I saw through her deception.
Nixit

Postby Nixit » Fri May 06, 2005 1:38 pm

And about the bitterness, maybe I was just too tired to notice, but I don't think I ever got a sense of bitterness from him. Maybe frustration, but do you really think that he would give all his money to Sparkle?

Return to “Forum Games”