Cantr Forum Werewolf - Game Over - Werewolves win

Forum to play non-Cantr related games on the forum

Moderators: Public Relations Department, Players Department

swymir

Postby swymir » Tue Jan 11, 2005 12:29 am

Yes just to prevent anyone from changing their mind and calling it a tie again. I too will change my vote to Seko. In the end it was your act to turn me against Pirog that made me suspect you Seko. Especially when Pirog tells me that you thought I was the wearwolf.
"My mind works like lightning, one brilliant flash and it's gone."
Revanael

Postby Revanael » Tue Jan 11, 2005 1:27 am

The only reason I sided with Seko before is that I believed her lies to me! Now I know that she spoke these same lies to everyone, I know I cannot trust her any longer.

We've made the right choice here, I'm sure of it. Seko, time to die!
SekoETC

Postby SekoETC » Tue Jan 11, 2005 1:37 am

Please wait... I've never trusted anyone the way I trusted you and Ree. All I can said to the others is that there may be a chance for their innocence, but never sworn trust to them. Please let me at least end this with dignity. You can burn my corpse afterwards if you fear I might rise from the death... But I don't think there will be need for that. *Without losing eye contact she takes a step back and pulls a knife from her sleeve, raising it to her own neck.*

((OOC: I just emailed farmer asking if this is allowed, if he says no then you can disarm me but lets wait for the answer, ok?))
Not-so-sad panda
social moth

Postby social moth » Tue Jan 11, 2005 2:04 am

ignore me
Last edited by social moth on Tue Jan 11, 2005 2:39 am, edited 1 time in total.
Pirog

Postby Pirog » Tue Jan 11, 2005 2:34 am

social moth>

Please don't make any comments...I don't think there is any chance for any outsider to change the outcome of the game now, but if it happened it would be extremly frustrating, so it is better to avoid posting anything at all if you're not amongst the (living) players.

Seko>

I think we should play this game the way it is defined...and even with an RP spin it seems kind of weird for a warewolf to commit suicide...but it was at least good that you e-mailed farmer. He seems to be a bit slow when it comes to moderating this game.
Eat the invisible food, Industrialist...it's delicious!
SekoETC

Postby SekoETC » Tue Jan 11, 2005 2:59 am

>Pirog
If we played by the original rules then there couldn't even be a situation where two people might be lynched at once. So I don't see why other rules couldn't be stretched as well. Besides a werewolf might kill themselves if they happen to be a small werewolf that is sure to die slowly in the gallows because the body weight is not enough to snap the neck unless someone assists by clinging onto their body when it drops, which they wouldn't do if they hate the person. Whoah, that's a long sentence. By which I don't mean that I would be revealing anything, I'm just explaining a possibility. Edit: Actually any small creature would do that. Anyway if we let it get too linear it gets boring.
Not-so-sad panda
Pirog

Postby Pirog » Tue Jan 11, 2005 3:13 am

If we played by the original rules then there couldn't even be a situation where two people might be lynched at once. So I don't see why other rules couldn't be stretched as well.

Who said two people can be lynched at once? I have assumed that it isn't like that...otherwise I would like to chance my vote back again, tying the situation and killing two warewolves with one...rope.

As for your RP stretching I have my preferences, but it is really up to the moderator to decide. I don't think RPing is the basic function of the game though...it's the conspiracies and paranoia.
SekoETC

Postby SekoETC » Tue Jan 11, 2005 3:22 am

It's from the rules linked.

"There are several reasons to have an odd number of players (including the moderator): There will be an odd number of living players during each day, which prevents tie votes on lynchings; and the game will always end with a lynching. If there are an even number of players, you can get ties, and the game will end with a nighttime murder -- which is anticlimactic, because everyone knows when the sun goes down that the game will end at dawn. (Because the werewolves are certain to kill a human and win.)"
Not-so-sad panda
Pirog

Postby Pirog » Tue Jan 11, 2005 4:01 am

No part in that quote claims that both people are to be lynched if the vote is tied...
SekoETC

Postby SekoETC » Tue Jan 11, 2005 4:43 am

No that was a rule invented by hallucinatingfarmer, which reads in the first post. We shouldn't talk so much ooc. It can be done after the game. All we know is that what ever happens (or heck we do know what happens but what way), it cannot be solved until our dear moderator checks in. The reason why several people are normally not lynched is that no one knows anything for sure and wiping two innocent ones at a time would be a serious screwup even on first day.
Not-so-sad panda
formerly known as hf

Postby formerly known as hf » Tue Jan 11, 2005 5:29 pm

So sorry guys

Like I've said before - I've had so little time to get on the net, but it's been fun to read all the posts at once...

I've just replied to Seko - This has come up once before - and I still am not sure where I stand - it's fun to see the paranoia and conspiracy get to the stage that someone considers suicide - but it is, strictly speaking, not included in the rules - which can be taken two ways - that it is not allowed - or, because it is not explicity disallowed, it can be done...

then again, there are so many variations on the rules... (I'm going to make some changes for the next game - adapt it to this forum better)

But, for now, and for this game I'm going to say no... suicides are not allowed... The only reason being that I intended this first game to be fairly simple... (*looks at the no. of pages so far and laughs at that statement*)

Again, I'm really sorry that I have been really, welll... useless... as a moderator - and tonight may be the only night for a few days I can connect. But come the next game, I'll be around the forum as much as I used to be - so it should move more quickly

Then again, it's been real fun to see how these things progress over time... there's been more tension in this game then I've ever seen - probably because the turns last so long... (sorry...)

I'm going to do as I did before - I'm going to put a time limit down - you have until Saturday to decide - I'll vote count sometime on Saturday - regardless of everyone's (in)decision - sorry I have to do it like this again - but it's the only way things will move on... at least this has time to progress a little further maybe...

Finally - my decision SHOULD NOT AFFECT THE GAME IN ANY WAY - don't try and work out the identity of Seko from my decision - firstly, my decision is ONLY based upon keeping it simple - and secondly, and as Cantr players you should be familiar with this - it's using out of game info to make decisions - upon which I frown...
Whoever you vote for.

The government wins.
Pirog

Postby Pirog » Tue Jan 11, 2005 6:50 pm

Aren't you even going to finish this turn?

It has been going on for far too long allready and nothing points to anyone changing their vote...it really seems quite obvious as it is.
SekoETC

Postby SekoETC » Tue Jan 11, 2005 7:03 pm

Hey come on. It seems "obvious" only because I'm so stuck in my role that thinking clearly would be against it. Now OOC... Fine. But since you say this is not supposed to be a roleplaying game -

*Hides the knife.* Come on, you can't possibly be serious about me being a werewolf. Now the only reason I've been whining to die fast is that I think we're out of hope and any quick death is better than being torn apart. Amusingly you so called "innocent ones" have been the most bloodthristy here. Not that anyone cares but obviously Pirog is too damn exited about catching a werewolf that cannot be faked. So it's the nice guys Swymir and Mei. But of course you don't believe me so we just sit here until the sun sets and then I get killed. But at least as a protest I'm changing my vote back to Mei, though she's been the nicest to me lately.
Not-so-sad panda
Pirog

Postby Pirog » Tue Jan 11, 2005 7:11 pm

OOC:

Well, of course I can't be totally sure that this is the end...but waiting all the way to Saturday seems like a strange decision anyway. I just hope people won't lose interest in this game because they feel like it is over now, but that the end never comes...that would be very unsatisfying.

This is the grande finale after all...Mei and the wise piece of pie rescuing the villagers from the doom of the warewolves evil plot...it's the climax! That's no time for a damn intermission :lol:
formerly known as hf

Postby formerly known as hf » Wed Jan 12, 2005 1:35 am

I only said saturday to give me time - to avoid any wrath in case that was the earliest - It may be (probably will be) earlier - I just want to be sure no one will change their minds, as everyone seems to have done that more than once since the last turn change...

So just a quick request - could everyone just confirm their vote - doesn't have to be anything more than the person you vote for - in bold please - makes it easier to see when I have to load the forum at home with no graphics...

I promise the next game will be a lot faster than this...

*EDIT*

Ok - just re-read the posts - and have changed my mind (again - sorry - it's late...) - I'm just going to total now - and that makes Seko the victim of tonight's lynching - sorry Seko - I think it;s time this game was wrapped up, and quickly, so we can start afresh...
Whoever you vote for.

The government wins.

Return to “Forum Games”