The Murderer and the Psychic

Forum to play non-Cantr related games on the forum

Moderators: Public Relations Department, Players Department

Snickie
RD/HR Member/Translator-English (LD)

Re: The Murderer and the Psychic

Postby Snickie » Thu Oct 25, 2012 2:03 am

Applications for the murderer are officially closed. We still need a psychic, so I will extend the deadline for that to Friday at 16:00 GMT-5. If nobody applies by then, I will choose by way of random number generator.
Snickie

Postby Snickie » Sun Oct 28, 2012 8:30 pm

Players:
Snickie
Alladinsane (Ally)
freiana
Vega
Mathilde
joo
Bmot
Rugila
Estaar

Applications for the murderer and the psychic are officially closed. Now that the opening scene has been posted, no more players will be accepted during this game.

-=-=-=-=-

Ally couldn't shake off the fact that he had been doing something very important just a few seconds ago. Something like playing Cantr and having one of his characters facilitating a trade between the Blackrock Tribe and Kirinn. Whatever it was, he was no longer sitting in front of his computer, and from wherever he was he could feel a slight vibration in the floor. He looked around and saw eight other people looking just as confused as he felt.

"Where are we?" Rugila finally voiced the question on everybody's mind.

"It looks like some kind of fancy compartment like on an airplane or something," said Estaar.

Indeed, it was a fancy compartment. The room was quite narrow. The floor was made of laminent wood panels, which were somewhat covered by an ornate-looking rug in the floor. On the longer sides of the room were chairs facing front and with what looked like iPads on the backs, and on the wall next to them were windows facing the outside and framed with curtains whose cloth matched the patterns in the rug. On the short walls were closed doors with small circular windows. The leftover space on the walls was decorated with famous paintings from the Renaissance era, and from the ceiling hung a brass chandelier decorated with glass beads.

Vega went to one of the side windows and peered out of it. The sight that met her eyes was one of grass plains and orange skies with scattered pinkish-purple clouds rushing past. She stepped back in surprise. "We're moving."

From a speaker in one corner of the room that nobody had noticed before suddenly came alive with an overly cheery, robotic sounding female voice. Everyone jumped at the sound.

"Welcome aboard the Cantr Express on route #2859 direct line from Seatown Gardens to Klojt. Right now it is day 4027 at 6-32. If all goes well, we should arrive in Klojt in two days at 2-17. Complimentary food service will be provided in the dining car, and remember that there is no smoking in the closed cars on the train. Now enjoy your ride." A click followed, and then silence.

Mathilde was the first to break the silence. "FOOD!" She led the pack of people through the door in the front and down several cars to the food compartment, and everyone was shocked to see what was there. It was a buffet-style table with nine place-settings, each piled high with everyone's favorite foods. Everyone found their corresponding plates and began to dig in, all except for Vega and Bmot, who insisted on washing their hands before they ate.

Halfway through his first entrée, joo began to wonder aloud. "So, isn't it suspicious that we're suddenly here, on this train to Klojt, and there's a big buffet full of all of our favorite foods sitting here, but yet we haven't seen a single other person?"

Rugila shrugged. "Maybe we've been teleported to future-Cantr so that we can see all the cool stuff Programming Department's going to implement and we can start planning for it."

Estaar, who didn't hear either of them, opened her mouth to comment on the food when suddenly a garbled scream tore through the air.

The car went utterly silent except for the noises of the train clicking along the tracks. No more screams came. After a quick check, everybody was still at the table. Except for Vega and Bmot.

"Vega! Bmot!" Freiana screamed, and everyone rushed towards and into the bathrooms in the next car, ignorant of the 'MEN' sign blatantly posted on the front of the door. Bmot was there, hidden in a stall, looking freaked out.

"What was that?" he asked.

"We don't know," said Mathilde.

"Oh no, Vega!" Snickie cried. The rest of them grabbed Bmot and all ran into the women's bathroom. There, slumped against the countertop, was Vega. Her head was in the sink, the faucet turned on and water running through her hair, and embedded in the back of her neck were two bullets. It was quite obvious that she was dead.

"...V-Vega?"

-=-=-=-=-

Discuss clues and PM me your votes by 3:00pm EDT (15:00 GMT -5).
Alladinsane

Postby Alladinsane » Mon Oct 29, 2012 12:25 am

Oh poor Vega... *turns and gives Bmot a suspicious look* Where were you?
A famous wise man once said absolutely nothing!
freiana

Postby freiana » Mon Oct 29, 2012 7:46 am

*she leans against the doorpost and looks between Ally and Bmot, waiting for an answer*
Don't remember where I was - I realized life was a game - The more seriously I took things - The harder the rules became
Bmot
Game Mechanics Chair / HR/PD Member

Postby Bmot » Mon Oct 29, 2012 8:24 am

I... I was in the bathroom... *Looks confused* What happened? How could someone do this? The only other person to wash her hands before dinner...
Richard Dawkins wrote:We privileged few, who won the lottery of birth against all odds, how dare we whine at our inevitable return to that prior state from which the vast majority have never stirred?
Vega

Postby Vega » Mon Oct 29, 2012 3:04 pm

(Once, talking in a dinner, my friends decided that, if we were in an horror film, I'd be the first one in die. You are typecasting me as the first-victim!)
Quebec Lima Delta November
Something like a story
Rugila

Postby Rugila » Mon Oct 29, 2012 7:14 pm

*Looks terrified* Well, this come out of the blue. Who would want to kill Vega and why? *Looks irritated* I am sorry, i am feeling a bit bad seeing this corpse. If you please, i would go to puke now.
freiana

Postby freiana » Mon Oct 29, 2012 8:04 pm

*she turns away and walks out of the toilet, frowning* So... Nobody else in this train... And Vega is dead. *she looks at the others, lingering on Bmot* So, you didn't see anybody?
Don't remember where I was - I realized life was a game - The more seriously I took things - The harder the rules became
Snickie

Postby Snickie » Mon Oct 29, 2012 8:13 pm

Snickie wrote:Discuss clues and PM me your votes by 3:00pm EDT (15:00 GMT -5).

I meant to say on Wednesday 31 October 2012.
'Cause if it were today, you're all too late. xD
Votes are kept confidential, of course.
So vote peoples! We need to get this ebil murdurur.
Alladinsane

Postby Alladinsane » Mon Oct 29, 2012 10:52 pm

Okay, shall we break this down? Everyone is accounted for except Vega and Bmot. Are we dealing in the realm of possibility? Did we see anyone playing with the ipads that could have programed the scream? Could vega have been dead before the scream? Why was the water running? What was bmot doing in that st---??...nevermind that part.
A famous wise man once said absolutely nothing!
joo

Postby joo » Mon Oct 29, 2012 11:28 pm

A portly man with greying hair descending in neat curls to his shoulder, he wears an immaculate black suit, complete with a red bowtie beneath his round face, and protruding from his breast pocket, the corner of a handkerchief.

He pushes in through the gaggle of diners at the entrance to the toilet and stops dead upon seeing Vega's body. He absently mops his brow with a handkerchief before stuffing it into a trouser pocket, and venturing gingerly forward to more closely examine the corpse.

Poor girl. She had all her life before her, yet to come to such a cruel and abrupt end...

He leans a shaky hand forward to turn off the faucet, which is in the process of flooding the room, and shakes his head. He speaks to nobody in particular, his gaze still fixed on Vega's corpse.

I did not hear any gunshot, so it seems the murderer was well-equipped for this act. Of course, I am inclined to suspect Bmot... but what murderer would be stupid enough to do his crime in such damning circumstances?

He turns to Bmot.

It seems that your life depends on convincing us that you did not murder this girl. I suggest giving an account of exactly what you did, what you saw, and what you heard since we last saw you.
Bmot
Game Mechanics Chair / HR/PD Member

Postby Bmot » Tue Oct 30, 2012 10:10 am

*He stutters slightly, still confused and obviously scared of what will happen next* W..well, I was just sitting here, eating, having fun, just like the rest of us.... A..and well... You know what food does to people.... So I went to bathroom, and when I just sat down... I heard that scream. *He shivers as he recalls it* And then you came storming in... *He sighs* I... I really didn't do it... I like... *He sniffs* Or well, liked, Vega.... *he sighs*
Richard Dawkins wrote:We privileged few, who won the lottery of birth against all odds, how dare we whine at our inevitable return to that prior state from which the vast majority have never stirred?
freiana

Postby freiana » Tue Oct 30, 2012 10:29 am

*she frowns lightly* Hmm... It would be too obvious, I guess... Although you are suspicious. *she leans against the doorpost and moves a hand through her hair, thinking* Who went for the food, first? Mathilde, right? *she turns her head to Mathilde* How did you know where to go?
Estaar

Postby Estaar » Tue Oct 30, 2012 11:53 am

*She frowns at Bmot* You were sitting there eating your food? I thought I saw you turn into the men's washroom before we even reached the dining room car ... The smell of the food must have distracted me. *Then she turns to joo* I also noticed that we didn't hear a shot, so the murderer came prepared indeed. Whyever would someone want to kill Vega?
Stranger in a strange land.
Rugila

Postby Rugila » Tue Oct 30, 2012 2:14 pm

Has someone probably poisoned the sink of the bathroom?
I know couple of poisons that can be do a pretty mess. Perhaps Quicksilver? It is not dangerous in as in gas.
Put if you dare to try some when it is liquid. That is a very painful death!

*Sighs* Oh! i am just guessing.

Return to “Forum Games”