The Murderer and the Psychic

Forum to play non-Cantr related games on the forum

Moderators: Public Relations Department, Players Department

Snickie
RD/HR Member/Translator-English (LD)

Re: The Murderer and the Psychic

Postby Snickie » Mon Nov 05, 2012 2:31 am

The votes have been tallied, all 3 of them. ¬¬ I decided not to play tiebreaker this time, so nobody gets kicked out this round.

Players:
Snickie 0
Ally 1
Freiana 0
Vega /
Mathilde 1
Joo 0
Bmot 0
Rugila 0
Estaar 1

-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-

"ALRIGHT. WHO IMPLEMENTED GUNS IN CANTR?" shouted Rugila, breaking the stunned silence and causing everyone else to jump.

"I can't believe the GAB approved a total insta-kill weapon," Bmot chimed in.

A series of heated arguments about guns and insta-kill in Cantr ensued for several minutes between Rugila, Bmot, Freiana, and Estaar, all the while Vega's blood continued to pool in the sink. Finally, joo commented in the first moment of silence that was longer than a quarter of a second.

"Am I the only person who noticed that there are two bullets in Vega's neck, and that we never heard any gunshots?"

"Maybe the bathrooms are soundproofed," Freiana pointed out.

"Maybe so, but that doesn't explain why we heard her scream," Snickie replied.

"And since when has soundproofing existed in Cantr?" asked Bmot.

"Ever since windows were implemented," stated Rugila.

"But we could never hear anything but knocking before windows anyway. Wouldn't that be considered soundproofing too?" inquired Estaar.

"Maybe, since this is supposedly futuristic Cantr anyway, ProgD figured out a way to implement selective soundproofing," Freiana offered. There was a quiet murmur of consideration from the others inside.

Mathilde, who had been quietly walking around the bathroom this entire time, finally spoke. "Did anybody notice this ceiling tile's different from all of the other ones?"

Nobody had really thought to take in the detail of the ceiling tiles in the bathroom. They were a light cream-color with painted stripes of other warm neutral colors, and the panes on which they sat were stained dark mahogany. The tile Mathilde was pointing at, however, sat slightly off-balanced in its pane, and its stripes were oriented in a different direction from the rest of the bathroom. Joo went over to poke it.

"Don't touch it!" Estaar suddenly cried just as joo's finger made contact with the glossy paint. "It might be a trap."

"Relax," said joo. "If it's a trap, it probably already detonated on Vega." He pushed up the tile, rotated it, tilted it, and carefully lowered it so that everyone could see. Fixed to the top of the tile was some kind of sniper gun. A quick inspection showed that there were no bullets loaded. They also found a small antenna.

"Someone must have fired this from afar," Snickie finally said.

"Does that mean remote controls have been implemented, too?" asked Bmot. "Man, I hate the people who took over GAB and ProgD now."

"There's another possibility, you know," Estaar pointed out. "This might not be Cantr."

"Nonsense, of course it's Cantr," said Snickie. "How do you explain the town names?"

"Who cares where we are, at this point? There's obviously an evil murderer here, on this train, and it's probably one of us. And we need to figure out who it is," declared joo.

A tense silence fell as joo finally spoke the words that had been in everybody's minds but that nobody else had wanted to say. Nobody felt any better now that they were out; perhaps they were all holding on to some small thread of hope that Vega's death was a complete freak accident. Nobody offered any feedback, criticism, or suggestions. Joo sighed.

"Looks like I'm going to have to take charge of this investigation myself. Snickie, since you and Ally are so close, you two pair up. Bmot and Freiana, Estaar and Rugila, and I'll go with Mathilde since she found the tile. Split up and search for clues!"

A reluctant murmur of general agreement rose as the named pairs paired up and left the bathroom and split up. Vega's body, meanwhile, just sat there where it was found; nobody knew what to do with it anyway.

-=-=-=-=-

"Why do people always assume that just because you and I are related and live in the same house that we always know what the other one is up to?" Snickie muttered agitatedly.

"Maybe because we live in the same house and are related, they expect that we actually talk to each other about Cantr a lot," Ally replied.

The duo stopped in the room they'd originally found themselves in. It looked just as it had when they'd first arrived, only now the curtains had been drawn over the windows, assuming it was nighttime outside. Snickie checked one of the iPads screens on the back of one of the chairs as Ally went to investigate the chandelier and the paintings. The time read 7-15. Snickie tapped a map icon in the bottom right-hand corner, and a map of the general area, with a zoom function, showed a very Cantr-esque map. The land formations were spot-on with what she had seen on maps when playing Cantr before. Other parts of the iPad contained various movies and games.

Snickie sighed. "Everything looks ordinary here."

"Here too," Ally murmured. "But what are iPads doing in Cantr?"

"Beats me," replied Snickie. "Hey, Ally? If you were the murderer, you wouldn't kill me, right? Would I be your trusty sidekick or something?"

"That's up for you to find out," he murmured as the duo moved on to the next car.

-=-=-=-=-

"So why'd you kill Vega?"

"What?"

"Come on, you were the only person not at the table when she was murdered."

"And that automatically means I'm the murderer?" asked Bmot.

"It means you're a pretty strong suspect," said Freiana.

"And what about you? You're making all of these accusations."

"I'm just trying to get down to the bottom of this. Plus, now you're being defensive."

"Wouldn't you be defensive too if there was a murderer on the loose and you were being accused of being said murderer?"

"That's true. Alright, let's split up and look for clues," said freiana. They were now in a narrow hallway on one side of a car closer to the caboose of the train. Several small closed-off rooms took up the rest of the car: sleeping compartments. Nobody had been in any of these rooms yet, although everyones' belongings were in their respective cars.

"Something tells me this isn't Cantr."

-=-=-=-=-

Mathilde and joo had gone into the dining car. Of course, that was the natural place for everyone to search since that's where mostly everyone had been at the time of the crime, and, though they didn't want to admit it, everyone was still hungry. It was where everyone had gone first, but since joo and Mathilde had gotten there first and called dibs, everyone else had to go somewhere else.

"The food seems pretty normal," Mathilde commented as she took some grapes, chicken breast, and carrots and popped them all into her mouth simultaneously.

"You sure it isn't poisoned? I could very well be the murderer and poison is my next tactic to get rid of you," joo pointed out.

"You remind me of a British version of Atlas," Mathilde replied between bites of grapes and chicken. "Besides, poison doesn't taste this good." She finished off the grapes and began searching under the table.

"Be careful, dammit!" he growled. She ignored him. Sighing, he began searching the shelves and food left on the table that she hadn't already touched. The search continued quietly, with occasional mutters of complaint at finding no evidence.

"Hey, joo! Look what I—OW!"

-=-=-=-=-

Estaar and Rugila had gone to the very front of the train. After all, when trying to run an investigation, it's always best to start at the beginning.

"Bizarre. There's nobody manning the engine," Rugila noticed.

"Just this big pile of coal, a furnace, and some papers talking about how to run the train," Estaar nodded, picking up a stack of papers on the floor.

"You'd think for a Cantr train that they'd use propane or petrol or something besides coal."

"Don't forget Cantr is semi-medieval."

"Yes, semi. We also have vans that use petrol and biodiesel and have radios with two-hundred different frequencies, and they're just as wanted as crossbows and battle axes and crowbars," Rugila pointed out.

"Don't forget the gun." Estaar shuffled through some of the papers. "I think some of these are worth looking at. They're not all engine blueprints, you know."

Rugila came over to Estaar to have a closer look at some of the papers. Some had essays and others had numbers.

"SAT scores!"

"But what are SAT scores doing on a train in Cantr?" asked Rugila. "Isn't that breaking CR?"

Before Estaar could reply, another scream tore through the air. She cursed at being interrupted for a second time, and the duo dashed through the corridors towards the source of the sound.

The dining car.

They arrived just after everyone else had to discover the scene that lay before them. Joo was standing over something by the table. No, someone.

It was Mathilde, half of her still underneath the table she'd been searching under. Deep nail marks scored her neck, and had dug through flesh deep enough that they had apparently cut into the jugular, and a rapidly-expanding pool of blood was forming around her. Her face was already deathly pale, her eyes were dilated and fixed, and her last breaths were ragged as her body seized and convulsed. Finally, she gurgled, and stopped moving altogether.

In her left hand was a small remote control.

-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-

I swear that was supposed to be shorter. Yeesh, four pages on MS Word! Anyway, votes are due on Wednesday 7 November 2012 at 20:00 EST (GMT -5). Let's get this ebil murdurur!
freiana

Postby freiana » Mon Nov 05, 2012 8:50 am

*she comes running into the room, breathing heavily* What happened?! I heard a... *she stops mid-sentence as she notices Mathilde* Oh no... *she looks away from the body immediately and turns to Joo* You must've seen something... She didn't do this to herself! *after a second she bends down and carefully takes the remote control, putting it on the table* Let's... eh... let's make sure not to use that.
Don't remember where I was - I realized life was a game - The more seriously I took things - The harder the rules became
joo

Postby joo » Mon Nov 05, 2012 2:38 pm

He staggers backwards from the gruesome scene, clutching at his chest, and falls heavily into a chair. He sits silently for a moment, seemingly unable to tear his eyes away from Mathilde.

It was- she was under the table. I only heard- didn't see- how on earth did that happen?! Am I going mad?
freiana

Postby freiana » Mon Nov 05, 2012 3:40 pm

*she studies him for some seconds* Hmm. *she looks at the others* I hope someone found something interesting during their research... We could use all the information we can get.
Don't remember where I was - I realized life was a game - The more seriously I took things - The harder the rules became
Mathilde

Postby Mathilde » Mon Nov 05, 2012 11:24 pm

I see how it is, Snickie. You tell me to get on, and then I sign on only to see myself dead! (wholeheartedly taking advantage of my last post here/in this thread) And in such a gross manner too. I don't know how I feel about nail marks. I always imagine these things too vividly, so you can rest assured that your writing has left me imagining myself with nail marks all over my neck. Ew.

I don't know the other members well enough to do any Velma-style detective-ing, but just sayin', those SAT scores. And poison! And...necks? Does anyone have a weird fetish for necks here? Anyone?!

I feel like joo is too obvious, but at the same time, that could be just a ploy.

Vega wrote:The murderer is Mathilde. Her avatar is scaring me -.-

(Just kidding... But yes, it's scaring me -.-)

Ooh, the first blame of the game. I may change my avatar sometime, though. I think it's my avatar on dA, but I never go on that site, and the avatars show up as so tiny there anyway so I never notice. It's creepy as a close-up though. :roll:
Rugila

Postby Rugila » Tue Nov 06, 2012 8:31 pm

*Opens the door to food cart with Estaar after him*
So, yet another victim has fallen? First Vega and now Mathilde. Both are women, does this tell anything to us?
*Examines the corpse with disgust* *His face falls pale*
I know two things. The murderer doesn't like women, but the murderer loves necks. Didn't Vega had also some lethal on her neck?

*Turns around and walks away from the corpse*
Please, don't make me to watch it anymore. I already puked the food i had ate and i am hungry as bear.
Snickie

Postby Snickie » Wed Nov 07, 2012 7:34 pm

Don't forget to vote! You still have five and a half hours to PM me your votes. :D And remember that the murderer votes too. You know the murderer isn't going to vote for him or herself.
joo

Postby joo » Wed Nov 07, 2012 10:49 pm

The best explanation I can fathom is that the food was poisoned... and somehow caused her to do this to herself. I was warning her about it just before she died, but she ate anyway. In that case, however, that doesn't bring us any closer to finding the murderer.

All I will say is that freiana's behaviour strikes me as a little odd. I wouldn't be too surprised if she were the murderer and trying to manipulate the situation.

He places one hand over his face and sits there silently.
freiana

Postby freiana » Wed Nov 07, 2012 11:07 pm

*she looks surprised at his words* Me? What did I do? *she slowly shakes her head and looks at the others* Well... Someone did do this. And the fact that there is a remote control here... Does show that the intention might have been different than the actual situation. *she sighs* Which doesn't tell us anything, I fear.
Snickie

Postby Snickie » Fri Nov 16, 2012 2:25 am

I just want to say I'm sorry it's taking me so long to get the next scene up. I've been sooo busy!!! But I wrote half of it today. I will write the other half tomorrow, after I've finished with all of these college applications. And then we'll be back to our fun stories of trains (and getting murdered!). :mrgreen:
Snickie

Postby Snickie » Sat Nov 17, 2012 12:10 am

Better late than never, right?

Players:
Snickie 0
Ally 0
Freiana 2
Vega /
Mathilde /
Joo 3
Bmot 0
Rugila 0
Estaar 0

-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-

Snickie shuddered as she took in the sight of Mathilde bleeding out on the ground. She slowly and shakily took a step back, bumping into Ally and joo, the latter of whom staged back into a chair.

"I-I feel so dirty all of a sudden," Snickie murmured finally. "I...I'm going to go...wash my hands." She elbowed her way out of the small crowd and left the car.

"You're just going to let her go like that?" Freiana asked Ally. "The murderer is still on the loose!"

Bmot knelt down and picked up the remote from Mathilde's hand. "And whoever they are, we can't let this fall into their hands, can we?" He set it down on the table. Every live person in the room stared at it as if it were a pipe bomb that would explode at any second, and nobody dared to touch it again.

"What are we going to do about the body?" asked Joo.

"Well this is Cantr, so we can't move it off the train until it arrives in Klojt, right?" Bmot pointed out. The others murmured in general agreement.

"So we'll move it to another car until we get there so that nobody gets sick," said Ally.

"Guys..." Snickie poked her head through the door behind which she had disappeared before. "We might have a problem." She disappeared again, and everyone followed her into the women's bathroom. When they arrived there, they were confronted by a very frightening sight.

The bathroom was clean. Everything was almost sparkling. The ceiling pane had been replaced, oriented correctly, and there was not a spot of blood. And Vega's body was gone.

"Where'd Vega go?" asked Rugila a bit fearfully.

"I don't know," mustered Snickie. "I came back here to wash my hands and she was gone."

"Wait, if she's gone, then..." Estaar suddenly dashed back out of the bathroom, and everyone followed her back to the dining car. Sure enough, Mathilde's body was also gone, along with the remote.

"Who took the remote?!" Bmot shouted.

"We're doomed if the murderer took it!" Freiana gushed.

Ally just kind of stood there stoically.

"Calm down, people," Snickie finally said, her shaking voice betraying the fear she felt. "Freaking out isn't going to solve anything. Who knows? We could all be hallucinating."

"How could you think such a thing, Snickie?! All of us having the same hallucination?!" shouted Bmot.

"Speaking of hallucinations, am I hallucinating, or is joo gone?" Rugila pointed to the chair joo had been sitting in before.

"What happened to joo?!" Snickie shouted. "Didn't he come to the bathroom with the rest of you guys?"

"I don't know!" he cried. The others all shook their heads with doubt.

All eyes slowly trailed to the open door that led to the bathroom car.

"How much longer until another one of us goes?" Freiana whispered.

"Apparently not long," Ally said, pointing at Estaar, who had fallen unconscious during their arguing and was now quietly choking to death.

Other than her quickly paling complexion and the choking, she looked completely unscathed.

Snickie glared at everyone else. "See?! If you guys hadn't been arguing the whole time, we could have seen this and prevented this!"

-=-=-=-=-

Votes are due by 20:00 EST on Wednesday 21 November.
joo

Postby joo » Sat Nov 17, 2012 8:43 am

Curses! Foul circumstance has finally seen my end. Had I only swayed another mind to my cause, it might be Freiana, not I, snatched into the darkness. And where does my corpulent corpse now lie, you wonder? Sliced into perfect cubes and stashed above the ceiling panels? Did you feel a slight bump in the train's passage? Maybe I was tossed into the path of the oncoming train, so it ground my bones into a meaty paste... or perhaps I was banished to a distant airless world to suffocate in slow motion in my final bewildered moments... well, who cares? Certainly not I, for I am dead, having played my part.
Estaar

Postby Estaar » Sat Nov 17, 2012 4:38 pm

joo wrote:Curses! Foul circumstance has finally seen my end. Had I only swayed another mind to my cause, it might be Freiana, not I, snatched into the darkness. And where does my corpulent corpse now lie, you wonder? Sliced into perfect cubes and stashed above the ceiling panels? Did you feel a slight bump in the train's passage? Maybe I was tossed into the path of the oncoming train, so it ground my bones into a meaty paste... or perhaps I was banished to a distant airless world to suffocate in slow motion in my final bewildered moments... well, who cares? Certainly not I, for I am dead, having played my part.

I thought I was the one choking to death.
Stranger in a strange land.
freiana

Postby freiana » Sat Nov 17, 2012 4:41 pm

--You're both dead... Joo because of the votes and Estaar because of the murderer...==

*she looks at Estaar with one hand in front of her mouth, shocked*
Rugila

Postby Rugila » Mon Nov 19, 2012 9:57 am

*Lays a quick look at Estaar*
She was the whole time with me at the back of the train, until this happened. I swear i didn't do anything that would be lethal to her!
Yet another one has been murdered *Grins widely* Did anyone heard the murderer coming, did anyone heard the sound when a blade is drawn from its scabbard?
No, noone did hear that or saw it! *Eyes all the people at the room, murderously* Could you think, this train is cursed by some evil people-killing spirit or demon, that would explain why this all feels so not true!
*His grin changes into wide smile slowly*

Haha! I got you all believing there is a evil spirit here, didn't i?
Last edited by Rugila on Mon Nov 19, 2012 6:20 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Return to “Forum Games”