RUMBLE: Round One Resolves! Round Two Allocations Due

Forum to play non-Cantr related games on the forum

Moderators: Public Relations Department, Players Department

saztronic

Postby saztronic » Fri Nov 16, 2007 3:32 am

The Power List is finished! Points to everyone for promptness. Sucker punches to everyone for making me use the word "promptness."

Just to recap, you now need to peruse the power list and then PM me your numerical bids for powers you want to acquire. There is no limit to how many powers you bid on, or how much you bid on them (other than that you can't bid more than 100).

However, as mentioned previously, if you win a power, your winning bid is deducted from your initial life point (attack and defense) total.

All bids are private, and all winning bids will be revealed simultaneously by me. Good luck.
I kill threads. It's what I do.
saztronic

Postby saztronic » Mon Nov 19, 2007 6:34 pm

We are waiting on one last set of bids. In the meantime, I will be in transit flying half way around the world. Hopefully I will receive the last bids and will be able to post the results on Wednesday.

Please console yourselves in the meantime with copious amounts of alcohol and canapes.

Back online shortly.
AoM

Postby AoM » Tue Nov 20, 2007 7:16 am

*lurks and observes with casual amusement*
saztronic

Postby saztronic » Wed Nov 21, 2007 9:31 pm

All the bids are in. The results are... unusual, at least in the admittedly brief annals of Rumble in these honored fora.

I will post the results shortly, after making a judgment or two about how best to proceed.
Spider

Postby Spider » Thu Nov 22, 2007 1:01 am

saztronic wrote:All the bids are in. The results are... unusual, at least in the admittedly brief annals of Rumble in these honored fora.

I will post the results shortly, after making a judgment or two about how best to proceed.

:x
saztronic

Postby saztronic » Thu Nov 22, 2007 5:36 am

Below are the final results of the power bidding. Your beginning energy level is listed after your name, in bold. Powers are listed below that with winning bids in parantheses.

Feel free to post an origin story if you like. Don't fret if you have no powers, or just one. That leaves you with that much more energy to spend and survive with.

Owing to the American holiday, Allocation Round One will begin at 7:00 p.m. EST (GMT-4) on Friday, November 23rd.

Round one allocations will be due by 7:00 p.m. EST on Sunday, November 25th.

I will post a brief "setting story" just prior to the beginning of Round One -- why and how you have all been gathered for this awsome naked celebrity deathmatch.

deadboy - 55
Mimicry (20)
Cool Shades (25)

Bowser - 85
Omega Blades (15)

notsure - 95
Petrifying Gaze(5)

hEarty/Talapus - 80
Stockpile (20)

Pie - 100
no powers

Spider - 10
Overload (27)
Inna NUUTZ (2)
Very Big (27)
Black Vapours (3)
Really Big Guns (31)

sanchez - 50
Gestalt (22)
Glorious Revolution (16)
Fatal Flatulence (12)

FormerlyHF - 58
Vampiric Bite (40)
Glass Swords (1)
Laser Goggles (1)

toon - 80
Ice Storm (10)
Sock Puppetry (10)
Last edited by saztronic on Sat Dec 01, 2007 6:57 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Bowser

Postby Bowser » Thu Nov 22, 2007 6:47 am

There is no real back story on Bowzer. He has no real "super" powers as you may see it. What he has is an indescribable instinct to change his attack to defense and his defense to attack in a split second. Swirling swords are all you see, but you never know if it's coming at you or defendng him.
Homer wrote: "Weaseling out of things is important to learn. It's what separates us from the animals ... except the weasel. "
deadboy

Postby deadboy » Thu Nov 22, 2007 10:59 am

(You're kidding with me right? I won -exactly- the same powers as last round)

Having come out of the last round mildly injured, but still alive, ending in a stalemate, The Corinthian walks proudly into this one and wonders what the back plot is to the variety of people in front of him for him to have some fun killing
"Our enemies are innovative and resourceful, and so are we. They never stop thinking about new ways to harm our country and our people, and neither do we" - George W. Bush
formerly known as hf

Postby formerly known as hf » Thu Nov 22, 2007 12:21 pm

Bela Lugosi never died.

He was only resting. Biding his time until he could return to the realm of the mortals and once again feast.

Also, Bela Lugosi was a closet cyberpunk fan. During the past few years in his underground base, he's read up on all the lit (He's a big fan of 'All Tomorrow's Parties'), and developed his own sci-fi lab.

Bela Lugosi, dressed head-to-to in buckled, skin tight leather, with a trademark flowing cape , with a pair of sweet-as swords and LAZER EYES!!!11 approaches the bunch of misfits.
sanchez
Administrator Emeritus

Postby sanchez » Thu Nov 22, 2007 6:52 pm

A ghastly cloud emerges, and from within it arise shadowy figures, powerless but full of energy, giving the whole teeming mass a vibrant instability portending an explosion that could level all...
saztronic

Postby saztronic » Sat Nov 24, 2007 12:55 am

Each of you is... different. You've always known it, from as long as you can remember. But despite your unique talents, the idiosyncracies of supernature that set you apart from your human peers, you never lost your essential human nature -- with all its attendant joys, sorrows, strengths, and weaknesses.

It is the latter that has led you today to this remote arctic fortress, a frozen wasteland devoid of all but one twisted, demented soul. For being human, you invested a part of yourself in something so precious that you could not abide living without it. And now someone smarter and more diabolical than you has discovered that thing and wrested it from you. Your only hope of retrieving it is to submit to a mortal contest with a handful of strangers who possess similar but different evolutionary advantages.

The blue air is frigid, the severe landscape dusted with a fresh coat of glittering ice crystals. Your host gives the signal. Each of you marshals your strength and examines your adversaries warily, wondering who will strike first.

ROUND ONE BEGINS. ALLOCATIONS DUE.
notsure

Postby notsure » Sat Nov 24, 2007 3:43 pm

Notsure walks out hesitantly in the cold, vast setting. She's a child of three or four - slight, as if the wind could knock her over, shivering in her inadequate clothing. "I've lost my teddy," she whispers. "Someone took my teddy." Can you help me?

notsure :?
saztronic

Postby saztronic » Sun Nov 25, 2007 11:41 pm

Before anyone has a chance to move or react, the Ghastly Cloud snakes a tendril of foul mist about each Hero and channels all individual energy into a common pool, redistributing it evenly among the entire group. Some become stronger, others weaker -- none are immune to the leveling effects of this gloriously revolting proletarian vapor.

One unfortunate soul, however, cannot handle the adjustment. The one known only as the Spider, overloaded by the extra Energy, glows suddenly white hot before exploding soundlessly into the ether. Everyone looks around, shocked -- one of their number dead, seemingly before anyone has a chance even to blink.

MOD NOTE: For Round One, sanchez has chosen to activate the Glorious Revolution power, which occurs before the Resolution phase. The Glorious Revolution pools all Energy and redistributes it evenly amongst all Heroes. sanchez loses 5 energy to activate this power, while Spider gains 10 energy each round from the Overload power, meaning the sum total of all Hero energy is 618, which divided by 9 is 68.666666, and we'll round up to 69.

Each of you now possesses 69 Energy. Please note that this redistribution is permanent -- i.e., you will not revert to your original Energy total at the end of Round One.

Also, Spider's Overload power specifies that if he ever exceeds double his starting Energy, he will explode and be removed from the game. Sadly for him, this has now occurred. Rest in peace, gentle soul.

All of you who have already PM'd your Round One allocations, please adjust them accordingly and resend them to me. That is all.
Pie

Postby Pie » Mon Nov 26, 2007 12:50 am

well this is great...

*a normal guy, nothing special stands in the middle of all of the big buff looking people....*

This is the last time I take directions from my mother... Excuse me, which direction is california?
Pnumerical Intuitiong Engyn
Paranormal Investigation Exorsism
Porcupine Interspecies Extra_poison
Pick In Enter

... The headquarters of P.I.E.!!!
saztronic

Postby saztronic » Tue Nov 27, 2007 11:46 am

These are the children with whom I am well pleased:

Pie, notsure, FormerlyHF, Bowser, sanchez, toon, deadboy

Verily, they shall receive the choicest parts of the fatted calf, and shall sit at my right hand, and the servants of mine enemies shall become their chattel.

These children, however, have yet to submit their allocations to me, and thus are subject to my furious wrath:

hEarty - Replaced by Talapus

Your inactions are a stench in mine nostrils. You and your descendants shall suffer unto the 84th generation, and rabid hamsters will nibble at your genitals for all time. Vengeance and disco rage are mine, sayeth the MOD.

Collect your shit, Reds.

EDIT: sanchez has been moved from red to blue. Her genitals are only slightly scarred. Don't be the last on your block with intact reproductive powers.

EDIT: sanchez is female! Apologies to her and to her genitalia. The text above has been edited. Also, deadboy is now sort of purplish. He needs to do something additional before he can be put completely in the blue. toon is fully on board the blue train. I fear we may have lost hEarty -- it doesn't look like she's logged in for the last 4 days.
Last edited by saztronic on Sat Dec 01, 2007 6:58 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Return to “Forum Games”