Cold War: NORAD infiltrated (Mafia game)

Forum to play non-Cantr related games on the forum

Moderators: Public Relations Department, Players Department

Elros

Postby Elros » Mon Sep 10, 2007 4:28 am

*walks over and gets on one of the computers with internet access and types a few things then waits for several minutes before clicking a few buttons. Immediately his face turns pale and he leans back on his chair and rubs his face with both hands in a frustrated way before glancing around the room, firstly at Bowser, then to AoM and a the others and sighs shaking his head*
Every action has a consequence.
saztronic

Postby saztronic » Mon Sep 10, 2007 4:11 pm

He runs his hand nervously through his hair.

"Um, I want to see how everyone votes. If we're all in this together, then everyone should speak up. We shouldn't let anyone get away with hiding behind their desks and twiddling their thumbs, right?

His hands tremor slightly as no one responds, and his voice trails off.

"Maybe, if we see where everyone is pointing their fingers, we can start to see some patterns or something. Break down the intel, like we're trained to do. Right? Right?"

He darts a glance at deadboy, Pie, and Smellfungus.

"Why aren't you guys voting?"
I kill threads. It's what I do.
deadboy

Postby deadboy » Mon Sep 10, 2007 5:11 pm

I don't like rushing into situations. We've got *He glances quickly at the screen* Another 11 hours to avert a launch. That gives us at least another few to work out who's a commie and who's not (Ie. until thursday) so I say we just keep the chatter up.

It looks like we're the only ones who know there's even any danger, that means its up to us to stop it. We point the blame at any of us real americans and there go some of us who can actually stop this thing out the window.

But, if you want my opinion right now, its that commies work by spreading dissent and fear amoung us. Far as I'm concerned those who thought they'd push for the vote first, I'm looking at you AoM, Bowser, are the most likely to be the commies.

But hell, what do I know about how commies work, I've heard they attack out the shadows too, that would stick me in there shoes for being quiet and listening to the conversation going on
"Our enemies are innovative and resourceful, and so are we. They never stop thinking about new ways to harm our country and our people, and neither do we" - George W. Bush
Elros

Postby Elros » Mon Sep 10, 2007 6:21 pm

*nods*

I agree with you Deadboy. I might have been a little to hasty in casting my vote. I did not realize that we had some time to assess the situation, and I felt pressured to join AoM and Bowser in casting votes... I am worried now that I might have made a mistake.

*glances back down at the computer screen and shakes his head before sighing*
frenchfisher

Postby frenchfisher » Tue Sep 11, 2007 3:16 am

He looks rather bored with the whole ordeal. "Hmm... well, I dunno... I guess, even though he's from Oakland, he makes sense. Maybe it's one of them. Or maybe it's him, because he thinks it's one of them. Oh, what's the use... we all know it's not us, unless it is us..."

He sighs. "Look, do we have any evidence so far? Could someone run down the rationales for votes or something? I don't wan- well, I'm, uh, terribly busy at the moment, uh, so, uh, I can't." He absently presses a few buttons on the panel behind him. The air conditioning goes on high blast. "I meant to do that..." He sighs again and attempts to fiddle with the controls before beating a hasty retreat.
Elros

Postby Elros » Tue Sep 11, 2007 3:46 am

*glances at frenchfisher*

You seriously do not know what you are doing do you?

*shakes his head and writes some more in his black book*

When this is all over I am going to have a very long report to fill out on you, and I don't care who your father is, I will make sure that the people at the head of the operation knows exactly how unqualified you are for this position.
AoM

Postby AoM » Tue Sep 11, 2007 6:02 am

If anyone is waiting for some fictional "ally" of mine to come to my rescue, you're sorely mistaken. I'm a US Agent, so unless people start throwing pressure elsewhere, you're going to end up lynching a good guy.
Elros

Postby Elros » Tue Sep 11, 2007 3:49 pm

*nods to AoM*

Maybe I was wrong to assume so quickly you were a spy. It is just when you accused me so quickly of being one then I felt that I must take defense, but I might have been wrong about you... I hope others will be careful and pay attention before they vote. I wouldn't want us killing off one of our allies...
Bowser

Postby Bowser » Tue Sep 11, 2007 11:24 pm

I got no issue changing my vote. I'm just afraid any sudden changes on my part will put me under the spotlight. If you ask me, I'd much prefer putting Daddy's boy under the microscope than you AoM. If you aren't the traitor, you seem smart enough to actually help us find the guy.
Homer wrote: "Weaseling out of things is important to learn. It's what separates us from the animals ... except the weasel. "
Elros

Postby Elros » Wed Sep 12, 2007 2:01 am

*nods in agreement*

I wouldn't mind changing my vote either, but I am not sure if that is possible now, I guess I will just have to deal with it, and hope I didn't kill the wrong man...
AoM

Postby AoM » Wed Sep 12, 2007 5:19 am

What the heck do you mean you don't know if it's possible?

unvote all

vote deadboy

It's quite simple.
formerly known as hf

Postby formerly known as hf » Wed Sep 12, 2007 11:37 am

Mod note:
Votes can be changed up until the deadline, of course.

In addition;
Neither smellfungus nor N-Aldwitch have yet recieved their PMs.

Given that 2 dropping out of a 8/9 player game unbalances it severely, no matter whose side the drop-outs are on, if neither recieve their PM by Thursday, the game should probably be considered scuppered.

If people are determined to play-on, I will rebalance the roles. If I do this, I'll give extra time for the first execution.
Whoever you vote for.

The government wins.
deadboy

Postby deadboy » Mon Oct 01, 2007 7:34 am

Just checking, is this game now officially dead? If so we should start another one, or a rumble game
"Our enemies are innovative and resourceful, and so are we. They never stop thinking about new ways to harm our country and our people, and neither do we" - George W. Bush
formerly known as hf

Postby formerly known as hf » Mon Oct 08, 2007 11:29 am

Dead and buried...

I think it's that time of year... I know I haven't been able to get on at all for the past week...
formerly known as hf

Postby formerly known as hf » Tue Jun 17, 2008 12:31 pm

Ok, I'm gonna resurrect this as I haven't hosted a werewolf game for a while. I'm kinda out of touch, and I'm not sure if one or two are currently ongoing? I'm happy to wait for the end of the others if people want.

See the first page for details of the game, post below here to sign up (anything before this post is old stuff.

If needbe, I'll start a new thread...

Return to “Forum Games”