Cold War: NORAD infiltrated (Mafia game)

Forum to play non-Cantr related games on the forum

Moderators: Public Relations Department, Players Department

formerly known as hf

Postby formerly known as hf » Thu Sep 06, 2007 9:17 am

I'll take that as a no...

Roles will be handed out soon and I'll get this rolling shortly
Whoever you vote for.

The government wins.
formerly known as hf

Postby formerly known as hf » Thu Sep 06, 2007 11:03 am

Note:
I have updated the role list on the first post. Feel free to use what knowledge that gives you to play.

Soviet-alligned players win if they match or outnumber the US-alligned players. They loose if the KGB spy/spies are killed.

US-alligned players win if they kill the KGB spy/spies. They loose if the Soviet-alligned players match or outnumber them.

Executions: These happen as with lynchings. Please place your votes in bold. Votes may change. If a deadline is announced, the most recent vote from a player will be taken.

Assasinations: These happen as with night-kills. The KGB spy/spies should PM me with their choices.

I will announce execution / assasination cycles. These will not be day/night cycles. As such, anyone may post at any time during any cycle.
However, if this is making it desperately unbalanced, I may ask that no posts be made between execution and assasination. In-game the assasination would therefore happen immediately after the execution.

PMs are not disallowed, as I cannot police that.
I do ask that you refrain from PMming unless deemed really needed. Otherwise it can tip balance and make the game playing out in the forum boring and slow as no one posts there...

The game starts with an execution cycle. In order to keep balance, given the number of players, refraint from execution vote is not allowed.

Have fun, and enjoy.
Whoever you vote for.

The government wins.
formerly known as hf

Postby formerly known as hf » Thu Sep 06, 2007 11:27 am

1981, the Cold War is rolling into another cycle of high tension and suspicion, with increased activity from all sides.

Deep within the Colorado mountains, through a tunnel bored one mile into the granite mountain, behind a 25-ton blast door, corridors and rooms reinforced with steel, lies one of America's most secretive bases.

Coordinating spy satellites, controling airforce operations, maintaining backup control over ICBM launch controls, conduncting counter-espionage and designed to provide total control over all US ground and air operations in the event of a nuclear attack.

North American Aerospace Defense Command (NORAD):
Cheyenne Mountain Operatins Centre (CMOC)

---------------------------------
09:32

An air raid siren sounds, alarm lights start flashing and a recorded voice echoes throughout the compound
Imminent attack detected. Lock-down initiated. All personnell to report to stations.

The voice repeats as the blast doors begin to close. Those outside of the compound make a dash to enter. Generators fire up and emergency lighting comes on. All computers boot and banks of screen start displaying all available data from Radar, satellites and recently scrambled fighters.

------------------------------
10:13

The site is locked down and analysist are working hard on the incoming data. No imminent threat has been recorded. Maintenance and diagnostic workers are looking for a malfunction in the computer systems

----------------------------
10:28

All contact with the outside is suddenly cut. Hard lines are dead, radio equipment seems to have been destroyed or sabotaged

----------------------------
12:46

By now, it is clear the lockdown was initiated manually, with no detected threat. The communication cut is considered to be sabotage. Given that lockdown would require high-rank access, everyone is under suspicion.

--------------------------
13:13

Rank command has begun to breakdown. Fingers are being pointed, panic is setting in and those still trying to work are under increasing pressure

-------------------------
14:01

Alarm bells start ringing. Different to before, but instantly recognisable. The banks of screens on the wall all go blank and then the following scrolls across

Launch approved. Nuclear capacity ICBM launch in t-minus:
12:00:00s

Panic ensues. One things seems clear to most. Whoever is behind this must be neutralised, fast
-------------------------
Whoever you vote for.

The government wins.
saztronic

Postby saztronic » Thu Sep 06, 2007 5:03 pm

A young, skinny Air Officer fiddles with his display controls, jotting notes furiously into his log book. He keys the mic on his headset and his voice echoes flatly through the Command Center, a small quaver the only thing belying his professional demeanor.

"Red and Blue wings scrambled and airborne, en route to designated patrol vectors. CINCLANT reports carriers Nimitz and Intrepid steaming north-northeast off Reykjavik at 20 knots, estimate intercept position in..." he glances at the blinking red indicator in the left-hand section of the CC, blithely counting down the nuclear launch sequence. It reads 11:58.54, "...uh, 18 hours. NAEFWC reports increased air activity over the Eastern Bloc. Long-range acquisition estimates in 30 minutes."

He flicks off the mic and glances nervously around the room, then shrugs and speaks normally.

"Uh, that about does it as far as last reports for Air. Nothing else coming in or out since those messages. Everything's dead."
I kill threads. It's what I do.
Elros

Postby Elros » Thu Sep 06, 2007 5:17 pm

A man in his thirties wearing a suit walks over to the water dispenser and pulls one of the paper cups out filling it with water before downing the whole cup in one gulp. He then casually tosses it in the trash can and walks over to some of the higher ranking personnel and begins talking inaudibly with them. He shows no fear, but rather a confidence and easiness as one that has dealt with something like this everyday of his life.
Every action has a consequence.
Elros

Postby Elros » Fri Sep 07, 2007 4:13 pm

*bump*

Come one guys, this is going as slow as Cantr! I log on here everyday hoping that since nothing has happened with my Cantr charries then maybe something has happened on here, but once again it is dead.
deadboy

Postby deadboy » Fri Sep 07, 2007 4:24 pm

*A heavy built middle-aged man, clearly well-toned in his youth but slightly fat with age stares intently at his screen. He has a grave look on his face*

I'm dialling presedential

*He picks up the phone. After a few moment his face becomes darker* It's dead. Try the other phone lines. The grounded line should work, the only reason it wouldnt would be if it were cut from the inside
"Our enemies are innovative and resourceful, and so are we. They never stop thinking about new ways to harm our country and our people, and neither do we" - George W. Bush
Elros

Postby Elros » Fri Sep 07, 2007 7:31 pm

*walks over and tries another phone*

"The phones are all dead..."

*looks around at the other men who are standing in the large room and says in a demanding voice*

"They could only have been cut by someone in here, now who is it?"
AoM

Postby AoM » Fri Sep 07, 2007 10:23 pm

*loosens his tie and collar, then sighs deeply*

"Eight of us. And we know there's at least one commie snitch. Possibly two.

"There's a lot of variables in this one, gentlemen. And there's no easy answer. I'll tell you right up, I'm a true blue American. But Elros over there, I'm not so sure. He's jumpy. Like he's tense with anticipation about this situation."

vote Elros

"Better dead than red, I say."
Bowser

Postby Bowser » Fri Sep 07, 2007 11:59 pm

*Approaches the group of men talking* While you have been working on communication, I've been trying to manually over ride the doors, but no luck. Who ever initiated this lock down had to have a high clearance AND knew exactly how to cover their tracks.

Hey Elros, I got an easy commie detector question for you to clear your name... Back in January, Who did Plunkett throw the ball to that broke a tackle in the backfield and took off 80 yards to score a Super Bowl record touchdown reception?
Homer wrote: "Weaseling out of things is important to learn. It's what separates us from the animals ... except the weasel. "
Elros

Postby Elros » Sat Sep 08, 2007 12:45 am

*glances at AoM with a confused expression on his face*

Jumpy? I do not feel jumpy at all. I am sure that with seven of us and only one commie, then our odds of coming out of this situation are great!

*turns to Bowser and grins*

I can't name anything I like more than football, except maybe pizza... That would be Kenny King.

*winks*
Bowser

Postby Bowser » Sat Sep 08, 2007 12:56 am

Philly shoulda won it, but Jaws looked like crap. I lost $200 on that game. I think the entire neighborhood heard me scream when Herm Edwards missed that tackle. You're okay in my book Elros.

Hey AoM, here in America, we need a little more proof before we go and label someone a commie. Didn't you learn anything about McCarthyism. This isn't the 1950's anymore.

vote AoM
Homer wrote: "Weaseling out of things is important to learn. It's what separates us from the animals ... except the weasel. "
Elros

Postby Elros » Sat Sep 08, 2007 1:18 am

*smiles at Bowser*

I think that is a good point.

*turns to AoM and shakes his head*

You thought you could get rid of me thus leaving you with one less good American to kill? Good thing us Americans are not us foolish as you commies might think.

*nods to Bowser and smiles*

VOTE AoM!
AoM

Postby AoM » Sat Sep 08, 2007 6:03 am

Bowser wrote:Philly shoulda won it, but Jaws looked like crap. I lost $200 on that game. I think the entire neighborhood heard me scream when Herm Edwards missed that tackle. You're okay in my book Elros.

Hey AoM, here in America, we need a little more proof before we go and label someone a commie. Didn't you learn anything about McCarthyism. This isn't the 1950's anymore.

vote AoM

Did you just equate McCarthyism with proof? *snicker*

So what's the real deal, Bowser? You think I'm evil just because I had the balls to throw down the first vote? This is a democracy here, bucko. Voting is what we do.

More interesting is how quickly you jumped up to defend Elros.

Very unusual, considering Elros seems quite capable of defending himself.

You two wouldn't be commie spies in cahoots, eh?
saztronic

Postby saztronic » Sat Sep 08, 2007 12:59 pm

His eyes widen, darting back and forth between AoM and Bowser.

"Communist spies?" he blurts out.

"They told me this would be the cushiest job I'd ever have. Not some kind of doomsday scenario."

He bites his lip.

"If everyone gets a vote, I'll vote Bowser.

We can't start ganging up on people for no reason. And besides, I grew up in Oakland."
I kill threads. It's what I do.

Return to “Forum Games”