Superhero Rumble! (GAME OVER!)

Forum to play non-Cantr related games on the forum

Moderators: Public Relations Department, Players Department

Racetyme

Postby Racetyme » Fri Jun 15, 2007 10:39 pm

Story: (Don't laugh. Well actually do, but, well you know. I'm here to play the game, not write long winded stories.)

Tentacle boy was born in the ocean, the spawn of a scuba diver with a fetish and a largish octopus. He had never fit into the world, and remained in the ocean, gathering pearls and biding his time to get his revenge. Now his most prized possesion has been stolen, and he has been given an opportunity to strike back at the heroes of the society that shunned him at the same time.
RAM DISK is not an installation procedure!
deadboy

Postby deadboy » Fri Jun 15, 2007 11:44 pm

Dream was created when a freak electrical storm hit his home town somewhere out in the nowhere wastes of nevada whilst he was only a child. Whilst reading a comic book he was struck by lightening, to be streamed into the world of his comics. He was the gallant victory boy, and fought hoards of crimes with his abdominal speed and agility, and most of all the fact that he seemed to be able to control reality itself

When he awoke from the coma with his family standing over him, he knew it had merely been in his dreams that he was these great things. Five years had passed, and he was now a disfigured young man from the burns of the lightening strike, but his family were just glad to have him back alive

Once finally discharged from the hospital he returned back to the real world, at least in body. But his mind was still in that world where he could do magnificent things, help people, be brave, courageous, and feel like something more than the wasted figure he was now that provoked only fear and disgust just because he looked different. In time something strange happened, due to the residual energy from the lightening and his own strong connection to the dreaming, he slowly began to take it into the real world. He found strange things to be happening, life becoming almost like a dream to him, and found he could do some of those things he could in his dreams. However, this time he was not in any way special, he was not producing these powers from himself, but he was using the power of the dreaming to shape the reality around him. He found that he could distort reality in odd barriers around himself, he could twist a layer of dreams around him that allowed him to cause even the most aimed blow to oddly miss. He could absorb the dream energy of others around him, and strangest of all he could create swarms of what appeared to be small insects but what were in fact concentrated dream, and move them to his command

Feeling like a someone again he used these powers to rid his neighbourhood of what petty crime there was, and eventually mustering up the courage to run the mob bosses of the area out of it. But he found in doing this, in using his powers, even to fight crime, he was falling deeper into the dream world he so used, and was losing himself, becoming mere shadow where there was once a disfigured body. This scared the locals and he was forced into exile, drifting across the barren wastes of the desert until approached by a team of superheroes known as the justice defenders, hoping to recruit new members and grow. He joined them for a short time, until all his fellow comrades where destroyed in one mission, to put a stop to the evil lord entropy's plan to conquor the world using a system of laser guided nuclear warheads. He himself saw them all die, but stopped the missiles, and barely escaped with his life, vowing to take his revenge against the evil super-villain, and it is this that brought him to his layer for this fight
"Our enemies are innovative and resourceful, and so are we. They never stop thinking about new ways to harm our country and our people, and neither do we" - George W. Bush
Racetyme

Postby Racetyme » Fri Jun 15, 2007 11:46 pm

When are we starting this fight?
RAM DISK is not an installation procedure!
Neuman

Postby Neuman » Sat Jun 16, 2007 12:31 am

I believe it's after we all introduce our characters. Speaking of which...

Gregory Percival Rothstein (now known as Cryopath) was 14 when an accident happened at the Cryogenics company where his mother worked. His entire family was soaked in liquid nitrogen, freezing them solid. Greg survived because of his latent psychic abilities, causing him to become Precognitive and Cryokinetic. He has spent the past six years searching for a way to reanimate his family. He has finally found one. Unfortunately, it requires a chemical compound which only one person has ever been able to create before the instructions were lost. He managed to recover them briefly before they were stolen by Lord Entropy.
AoM

Postby AoM » Sat Jun 16, 2007 2:43 am

Racetyme wrote:When are we starting this fight?

Barring any other unfortunate server downtime, very soon.

In fact, I DECLARE THE FIRST ALLOCATION ROUND OPEN.

Players that have checked in may consider themselves on the field of battle: a tropical island devoid of civilization. The sinister Lord Entropy's underground bastion is located beneath its surface, and he monitors your every move. He demands that the contest begin immediately and it shall not end until only one of you remains standing.
deadboy

Postby deadboy » Sat Jun 16, 2007 9:30 am

*He swaiths onto the beach of the island*
Heelloooo! Is anybody here!?
*He slowly, cautiously moves up it, stumbling across no-one. He looks very wary*
"Our enemies are innovative and resourceful, and so are we. They never stop thinking about new ways to harm our country and our people, and neither do we" - George W. Bush
AoM

Postby AoM » Sat Jun 16, 2007 10:00 am

(OOC to deadboy: Someone has played "Champions" before. Should I have just thrown all pretense to the wind and called the bad guy Dr. Destroyer? :wink: )
Razorlance

Postby Razorlance » Sat Jun 16, 2007 12:55 pm

John T Walker was gifted as a boy, after being spotted early by a school for the gifted he swiftly became proficient in many areas. After reaching the age of 16 he was offered a scholarship with a university he had never heard of before, it seemed to be small but incredibly well funded so he took the placement. After the first year he soon became aware this was no ordinary university, theories and line of discussion always seemed to be on strange side but he kept his head down and spent the next 5 years of his life learning all sorts of subjects, but his speciality in engineering and specifically nano-engineering soon got him noticed by the university’s career advisor. On the day he graduated and mingled at the party afterwards he was approached by the career advisor. “We have a job for you Mr Walker, we think we can use a man of your talents”

The rest was history, the career advisor was a scout for a top secret government agency for developing “tools” for the defence of the country. John was whisked away to an army base he never knew existed, and beneath that was the Omega Laboratories. A haven for theorising and invention, to create the best forms of offence and defence for the country.

After working here for a few years his latest project was enhanced armour for buildings, he was working on a way to make the humble brick much stronger through nano manipulation when the accident happened, while he was performing some routine tests he knew he was onto something, he was sure his next test would be successful, how wrong he was.

He was holding the test brick when the Electron Fusion generator used to control the nano manipulation malfunctioned. Stuck inside the device with the brick he very quickly felt the effects as he became one with the brick but soon passed out. As he awoke his first glimpse of himself he noticed his entire body was covered in a strange orange layer of brick as if his muscles had fused with the brick. The machine had finished its pre-programmed cycle and shutdown by now, and John quickly exited the device and started to perform tests on himself to try and understand what had happened. But soon it was evident he was now made of brick, still as flexible as a human, and his last changed seemed to have worked. The brick was much tougher than normal brick, but he was still stuck like this with no way to reverse the process.

Soon the full extent of his situation dawned on him, they would never let him leave the base like this, he would be studied and tested on until the day he died, if such a thing was still possible, he had to escape. He knew the base security was tight and would need more than just tough skin to get out, he quickly went though to a nearby storage room looking for something that might aid his escape, and quickly found the prototype armour being devolved for the army. It could store and reflect back any type of attack onto a target around itself, a good match he thought and strapped it on as he made his escape...

As he wandered the country hiding best he could he adopted the name Brick, it seemed suitable. For fear of people running scared from his monstrous looks he turned to the internet to reach out to people. Soon he found a world of pain and decided he must help. Using his contacts, one particular woman which he felt greatly for, he started to rid the country of evil, until one day the woman he was starting to love had stopped responding to his messages. He despaired at her silence for many days until finally she responded but seemed different. It was from her but not written by her, apparently some else had noticed my efforts and wanted me to stop, someone who had taken my love and offered me a way to save her, someone with an invitation called Lord Entropy.
formerly known as hf

Postby formerly known as hf » Sat Jun 16, 2007 1:12 pm

Dr. Lauren McKay was, is, a scientist. A good one. A really good one. A brilliant one. A genius in many respects. A prodigy. Whatsmore, she knew it.
Not that her arrogance ever held her back. She had been recruited by one of the most high-tech military research labs in the world, funded by the Birtish and American governments.

Her research focused packets of radiation, targeted at apecific DNA structures, creating almost instant mutations in the structure of any biological entity. Alongside the obviously offensive capability, she had recently been sanctioned to begin work on creating superhuman combatants. Loyal to the death, efficient, fast, strong and deadly. The outcomes so far were promising, although no subject had survived more than 24 hours.

One night, the secrect lab came under attack. The assailants were highly trained, ruthless and efficient and promptly stole Dr. McKay's work. Held hostage in her own laboratory, she was subjected to her own experiments.

Having been left for dead, Dr McKay awoke the next day. She immediately headed for the exit. It wasn't until she found a hostile guard squad that it became apparent what had happened the previous day. With animal-like spped and deathliness, she ripped open the guards, and consumed thair energy. Dr. McKay was going to get her life's work back. No matter what.
Whoever you vote for.

The government wins.
deadboy

Postby deadboy » Sat Jun 16, 2007 4:22 pm

(OOC to AoM: Never played Champions in my life actually... :? what is it?)
Nakranoth

Postby Nakranoth » Sun Jun 17, 2007 10:04 am

I am Bick Johnson, salesperson extrodinare. Or at least thats what I had hoped for when I'd signed up for that experimental hypno-voice surgey seven months back. You see, I was stuck in my job, barely selling enough cars to make enough commission to afford my bank note, when i noticed an Ad in the paper. A new surgery to change you voice, that voice that comes on in commercials that simply beckons you to buy whatever nonesense it is they're selling. They were offering it free to anyone willing to risk their own neck for a new voice. Something about them needing proper develoment before releasing it to the general public.

I made my way to their clinic the next morning to be greeted by hours of parperwork, mostly release forms. Then I was finally led to the opperating room. I should have known something was a miss... none of the people there really looked much like doctors... but I really didn't have much of a choice at that point; my life was crumbling into financial ruin. I sat down in their chair and they gassed me.

I'd expected to fall unconcious. To feel woozy and to faint. Instead my throat burned. Like a fire was lit and shoved deep into my lungs. I screamed, and at the sound of my own inhuman voice, I tore the mask from my face and ran before my vocal cords were completely torn.

I promptly lost my job job at the car dealership and I got into fights with nearly everyone I spoke to. I just seemed to rub people the wrong way whenever I opened my mouth. But salvation it seemed was on its way. A cure. Someone out there had been watching me for the past year and a half. They'd planted that ad in my paper. And they had a means of reversing it Completely. Even giving me what I had so desperately longed for half a year ago. And all I had to do was go to this silly little island for a couple of days. How could I refuse?
Scratch and sniff text
Antichrist_Online

Postby Antichrist_Online » Sun Jun 17, 2007 11:34 am

Prometheus Black didn't know his real name, his reainmated corpse was found burning long ago in a black pit, the flames consuming everything but his body. The aging hero who found him thought it ironic to give him the name Prometheus, after the hero who stole fire from the gods.
That meeting was fortuitus for Prometheus, the nameless and forgotten hero took him in and became like a father to his new form. Unfortunately he became the first victim to his thrist for souls. Taken long ago, a trailing memory in the past. Over time he watched empires rise and fall, saw prophets cruxified, learning slowly to control his powers. The need for the souls of the living causing him to take the lives of criminals and low-lives, the forgotten ones. The Catholic church turned a blind eye to the heretic form when they found him, using him as a tool for removing troublesome challengers... Witches, mages, villans...
That is until he found himself on this forsaken island. His left eye was missing, taken for some unknown purpose. His body was weak, it must have been weeks since he feasted on a soul. The windy beach he lay on angled towards a cliff. He picked up a bit of drift wood and using it as a crutch made his way up towards the cliff insearch of life and his missing eye.
Mistress's Puppy
Nakranoth

Postby Nakranoth » Mon Jun 18, 2007 5:26 am

((OOC I think for future purposes, we need an introduction phase seperate from round one... I feel wierd starting anything with introductions falling into place.))
Scratch and sniff text
AoM

Postby AoM » Tue Jun 19, 2007 6:44 am

OOC: Noted Nakranoth, we'll just have to make due. I haven't received all of the allocations yet. please get them into me when you are able.

HARD DEADLINE for ROUND 1 is set for Wednesday at 7:00 (GMT-4hrs)(EST)

If you do not get your allocation into me by then. You will use half your energy for defense, and the other half will go unused as a penalty.
AoM

Postby AoM » Tue Jun 19, 2007 6:58 am

"WELCOME TO MY ISLAND, DISTINGUISHED GUESTS..."

The voice seems to be coming from within your own mind, overpowering your senses, such that you can pay attention to nothing else.

"YOU HAVE ALL COME HERE TO RECLAIM THAT WHICH I HAVE TAKEN FROM YOU. SO LONG AS YOU FIGHT AS DIRECTED, THAT WHICH YOU SEEK WILL BE KEPT SAFE. BUT... SHOULD YOU REFUSE TO FIGHT, YOU WILL FIND THAT THERE WILL BE NO SECOND CHANCE GIVEN. I WILL DESTROY THE OBJECTS OF YOUR DESIRE. AND IF THE OTHER FIGHTERS SUFFER YOU TO LIVE, I SHALL DESTROY THEIR PRECIOUS ITEMS AND FRIENDS AS WELL.

"SO YOU SEE, THERE IS BUT ONE CHOICE LEFT TO YOU. YOU MUST FIGHT TO THE DEATH. FOR ONLY ONE OF YOU SHALL BE REUNITED. THE REST MUST PERISH. KNOW THAT ON THIS ISLAND, MY PRESENCE IS EVERYWHERE. NOTHING SHALL ESCAPE MY GAZE.

"NOW... TRAVEL TO THE CENTER OF THE ISLAND. THERE YOU SHALL MEET YOUR FOES. FIGHT TOGETHER OR SEPARATELY, DO WHATEVER IT TAKES TO WIN. BUT REMEMBER, IN THE END, THERE CAN BE ONLY ONE!"

The voice falls mercifully silent, and you march to the center of the island as directed. Much as you hate it, Lord Entropy has you cornered. Your only choice is to play his diabolical game and win.

It is not long before eight other opponents come into view...

Return to “Forum Games”