Cantr Mafia III - Sign up thread.

Forum to play non-Cantr related games on the forum

Moderators: Public Relations Department, Players Department

Mafia Salad

Cantr Mafia III - Sign up thread.

Postby Mafia Salad » Wed Jan 03, 2007 5:46 am

As the only source of wood in the area, Zhift Forest, has become an important center of trade and the destination for countless resource gathering parties in the area. As the forest becomes busier and busier the newly formed government of Robie Elgas is about to be tested to the point of breaking. Rebellion is brewing.

In a town full of strangers it is hard to know who to trust. This new government has not made the wisest decisions, but violent rebellion? Is that to far? Suspicions start to grow, who supports who? As the situation grows more tense it seems the forest itself knows something is about to happen. Murder is in the air.

Everyone seems to have secondary motives, even those who don’t. Do you think you can handle the tension?

Cantr Mafia 3
Zhift Forest, The Eve of Rebellion

The power struggle in a small backwater town that triggered one crazy mad forum flame war and countless bitter accusations of CRB can now be enjoyed by all. Only this time no one will be running out of town when the spears and arrows start to fly.

Currently signed up.

Talapus
deadboy
Sparkle
Shay
sanchez
Spider
Pie
Bowser
Torkess_theCommie
N-Aldwitch
Last edited by Mafia Salad on Thu Jan 04, 2007 7:20 am, edited 1 time in total.
Fortune Cookie Says:
You should consider a career change, you'd make an excellent doormat.

[quote]1441-7: You skillfully kill a racoon using a broom.[/quote]
Talapus

Postby Talapus » Wed Jan 03, 2007 7:38 am

I would like to play. I won't be able to actively play until ~17th due to limited internet time but should be able to participate in a limited fashion until tthen.
deadboy

Postby deadboy » Wed Jan 03, 2007 10:58 am

Sign me up :D
"Our enemies are innovative and resourceful, and so are we. They never stop thinking about new ways to harm our country and our people, and neither do we" - George W. Bush
Sparkle

Postby Sparkle » Wed Jan 03, 2007 3:21 pm

You know I am in!!
a day without cantr, is a day spent in bed convulsing and suffering from withdrawl
Shay

Postby Shay » Wed Jan 03, 2007 7:08 pm

I'd like to play
sanchez
Administrator Emeritus

Postby sanchez » Wed Jan 03, 2007 8:10 pm

Me too.
Spider

Postby Spider » Wed Jan 03, 2007 9:50 pm

Why not, I'll play.
Pie

Postby Pie » Wed Jan 03, 2007 9:58 pm

OH YEA!!! as the person who gave mafia salad the idea of starting this game, I'M IN!!!

Although i would like some background to what actually happened in that town.
Pnumerical Intuitiong Engyn
Paranormal Investigation Exorsism
Porcupine Interspecies Extra_poison
Pick In Enter

... The headquarters of P.I.E.!!!
Bowser

Postby Bowser » Wed Jan 03, 2007 10:59 pm

I would like to play
Homer wrote: "Weaseling out of things is important to learn. It's what separates us from the animals ... except the weasel. "
Mafia Salad

Postby Mafia Salad » Thu Jan 04, 2007 6:33 am

Here is a history crash course for you Pie and anyone else interested.

The short and sweet of it is: Robie Elgas was starting a government in Zhift Forest. All but three of the people there were from other towns or were newspawns. Without a jail Robie was trying to use threats and violence to maintain control in the town. He accused several people of theft and made clear that the only punishment for all crime was death. One person he accused, threatened and attacked (encouraging the other people in town to help him kill) was Gohanez Hohahn who was in town collecting wood. Gohanez tried organizing everyone in town in a rebellion against Robie. Some helped attack him. Robie fled town and was joined by a handful of people who saw what happened as an assault on the town leader by people from another town (which it was, almost everyone who did attack Robie were from Baaak hills west) perhaps to take power for themselves.
Back in town it was discovered that a couple of people on Gohanez collection crew actually did steal a large amount of wood. So Gohanez was chased out of town the next day.

Of course in Cantr there was more going on than just that.

For this game both Gohanez and Robie will be "mafia" heads who with the help of their mafias will be trying to eliminate the other mafia and take majority control of the town by manipulating the townspeople during daytime lynches and murdering opposition in the night. The townspeople need to figure out who the mafia is and vote to lynch them before one of the mafias has control of the town.
Fortune Cookie Says:

Torkess_theCommie

Postby Torkess_theCommie » Thu Jan 04, 2007 6:54 am

I'm in! :D
N-Aldwitch

Postby N-Aldwitch » Thu Jan 04, 2007 6:58 am

Cool, this will be a nice way to completely finish off any fueds between one another, and really a chance for me to .. get even. ;)
Nakranoth's "evil" character says:
"Thief! That's terrible! *shakes his head* That would hurt people's feeling if I did that."

http://www.sylorn.com - Free MMORPG in development.. need help.
Mafia Salad

Postby Mafia Salad » Thu Jan 04, 2007 7:09 am

You know roles are picked by random don't you? :P You are just as likely to be Wank Chutney as you would Robie.

Now lets keep the chit-chat to a minimum here.
Fortune Cookie Says:

deadboy

Postby deadboy » Thu Jan 04, 2007 11:09 am

I want to play Robie ;):P
"Our enemies are innovative and resourceful, and so are we. They never stop thinking about new ways to harm our country and our people, and neither do we" - George W. Bush
AoM

Postby AoM » Sun Jan 07, 2007 10:27 am

@ MafiaSalad: Going over your secondary lists, I'll give you a response later today.

I understand that story and theme is a motivator for special rules, I'll try to suggest ways in which the story can work. (I think I may have a few good ideas.)

Return to “Forum Games”