WWGV:Victorian Whitechapel: Day 4 Ashes to Ashes

Forum to play non-Cantr related games on the forum

Moderators: Public Relations Department, Players Department

swymir

Postby swymir » Wed May 11, 2005 12:23 am

Actually Sparkle with people willingly walking into your home it would provide the perfect place for you to kill them. Also Dee. You make a contradiction in your own statement. You say that the correct equipment is needed to perform some of these murders and yet you recognize that I do not have any of my equipment. I was completely ill-prepared for a sudden quarentine of the city. And as for the marks I think it has been established that the ripper is most likely dead and that it was Mikki. I am sure that if the sheriff searched Mikki's home that my knives would be found. It was my thought as well that there was a connection with these murders and my knives suddenly turning up missing.
"My mind works like lightning, one brilliant flash and it's gone."
mortaine

Postby mortaine » Wed May 11, 2005 12:29 am

Doctor, you're not honestly suggesting that Miss Sparkle killed people in her home and then dragged them into the street, down the street, and into the homes of the victims, all without being seen, heard, or interrupted by anyone, are you? I mean, honestly?
--
mortaine.
TatteredShoeLace

Postby TatteredShoeLace » Wed May 11, 2005 1:07 am

The sun continued to fall from the sky

Less than 24 folks, just reminding you all.
1223-4: You kill a elephant using a longbow.

Nick wrote:If you don't check your characters once a day, you're not going anywhere in Cantr. :P
swymir

Postby swymir » Wed May 11, 2005 1:09 am

I am not suggesting anything. However I for one was asleep last night. I doubt anyone would have rushed outside if they heard anything with these attacks lately. I speak purely hypothetical and do not wish to do anything but bring light to the possibility that any one of could be the murderer and to say for you to say that you know for sure that someone is a murderer is just morally wrong.
mortaine

Postby mortaine » Wed May 11, 2005 1:33 am

Well, I don't know if anyone would have rushed outside, but I, for one, haven't been sleeping well at all-- every noise wakes me up since this whole thing began. I think if I'd heard a body being dragged through the streets, I would have woken up, at least, and maybe peeped out through the shutters, if only to reassure myself that nothing was amiss.

I also do not think it's morally wrong to state the facts clearly and plainly and draw a conclusion based on the evidence presented. As in anything, there is a margin of error, Doctor-- even in science one may draw an incorrect conclusion based on observation. That does not mean the reasoning was faulty, merely that one did not have all of the facts.

However, based on the facts that I do have and which I've presented here, I still think it was Mr. Wichita. Can I be one hundred percent certain? No. If I am ever one hundred percent certain of something, Doctor, I will be sure to say so, but I wouldn't hold my breath.

But of this, I am more sure than I was of Mr. Dragon Slayer's guilt-- that was a regrettable vote that I feel I was forced into by those who are frustrated by those of us who chose not to cast a vote, to be honest, and I'm sorry for his death in any case.
--

mortaine.
Nixit

Postby Nixit » Wed May 11, 2005 1:58 am

Miss Sparkle, with all due respect, don't you think that the people in your house would be a bit busy to notice you leaving?

And I don't think holding a heart is exactly noisy, and it's not very large, so I could've easily been hidden.
Just because you're older, smarter, stronger, more talented... doesn't mean you're BETTER.
mortaine

Postby mortaine » Wed May 11, 2005 2:13 am

And you think no one would notice the blood, Mr. Nixit? I mean, seriously-- how daft do you think her customers are?
--

mortaine.
Nixit

Postby Nixit » Wed May 11, 2005 2:14 am

Well, I suppose I don't know what her bordello looks like. *turns a little red* I've never been in it myself... you mean to say it's all one room?
Just because you're older, smarter, stronger, more talented... doesn't mean you're BETTER.
Sparkle

Postby Sparkle » Wed May 11, 2005 2:28 am

Of course not, but people don't confind themselves into rooms. There is some in the living room just having meager conversations and in the dining room or kitchen getting dinner or a late snack. Just because my home is a bordello doesn't mean all the people do there is involve themselves in physical activities.
a day without cantr, is a day spent in bed convulsing and suffering from withdrawl
swymir

Postby swymir » Wed May 11, 2005 2:41 am

I just don't think there is as much facts against Witchita when compared to Sparkle. No offense Miss Sparkle but the evidence against you can't just be disregarded just because it is too obvious. You can't use the blood philosophy because the murderer does have to go home each night. If they can hide it then they can hide it every night. You people act as if there are hundreds of people roaming the streets. As far as I'm aware there are less then 10. If even 4 of them are in your bordello sparkle and one of them is me that leaves 5 possible people who could spot you. In a town such as this you could easily avoid 5 people even if you were making tons of noise I doubt it would carry far. The fact is you have a lot against you. One thing is for sure whoever planted the heart and wrote that will was the murderer. It just depends if you beleive Sparkle is a cunning murderer or a helpless victem of a cruel set up. I have no room to make either statement.
AoM

Postby AoM » Wed May 11, 2005 3:56 am

Look. None of us can be completely accounted for. In that respect, Doctor, you are just as viable a candidate as Miss Sparkle. However, let us assume that the facts are as they seem to be... let us assume that there is only one... *he closes his eyes for a moment* ...monster left.

In this type of situation, anything to bring your name into the spotlight is a bad move. Incriminating yourself with excessive evidence is not a smart tactic. Some people may "take the bait" but almost certainly not everyone as is the case here. The smarter tactic is to either leave well enough alone, or incriminate someone else, so that, if nothing else, the entire day is spent arguing over whether or not the framed person is the killer, instead of looking towards the other possible suspects.

Some of you may like to assume that these killers are dull-witted and unclever. I, for my part, will not underestimate the criminal mind. My vote for Mr. Wichita stands. It is not Miss Sparkle.
wichita
Administrator Emeritus

Postby wichita » Wed May 11, 2005 5:42 am

Well my vote for Sparkle still stands. I still do not trust her, even if that means I will lose out financially - just to reiterate that I am not being fueled by greed. Like I said before, the damage to my business from the murders so far has meant terrible losses for me in that regard. No, the ways of the seductress are subtle but deadly. Many a young man has been led to his demise by her tricks...the only difference is that now they pay with their lives in addition to their souls.

Might I be wrong? Perhaps. But look deep down into your hearts and tell me that I am completely wrong! Who is the most reasonable suspect? I hope your hearts and minds will tell you it is not me. I am not simply trying to cast blame off of myself here. I am trying to present my views. Some of you out here have been incredibly silent for the past few days. I hope you will be able to face the guilt of your silence if these murders continue!
"Y-O-U! It's just two extra letters! Come on, people! This is the internet, not a barn!" --Kid President
Spider

Postby Spider » Wed May 11, 2005 6:13 am

What I find very interesting if how quickly you all are willing to believe a little note... I mean, wasn't that the "ripper", as all of you have come to call the person, that killed Dragon so I ask, why didn't this guy sent by the church stop the "ripper" before another person died??? Also, if Mikki was killed and was the "ripper" then how was she able to kill Dragon???...

I don't like this...don't like it at all....We at least knew there were 2 killers, whos to say one didn't just get smart and pretend to be on our side...After all, there are 2 killers...So there mights as well be 2 murders...

Anyways...Dee
Dee

Postby Dee » Wed May 11, 2005 7:59 am

Me? You're accusing me? You must be kidding!! Oh, come on!! You know it is not me!
Nixit

Postby Nixit » Wed May 11, 2005 12:46 pm

Well I don't think it's you... but how does anyone "know" that it is not you.

Return to “Forum Games”