WWG VII: GAME OVER (Tie game)

Forum to play non-Cantr related games on the forum

Moderators: Public Relations Department, Players Department

mortaine

Postby mortaine » Fri Jul 29, 2005 4:06 pm

Again, the actions of crewmembers in the following are my own interpretations.

The few remaining crew members awaken, this time to silence. The only clue that the stasis cycle has completed is the screen reading that shows the ship's new stellar position.

Thankfully, the computer readout also shows the expected duration of this wake cycle. The remaining crew members read with growing apprehension:

STARDATE 29.07.2505. WAKE CYCLE BEGIN. DURATION: THREE DAYS. WAKE CYCLE END ON 01.08/2505

Current estimated probability of Mission Success: 54%.

Ship systems are failing. Please attend to maintenance and repairs. Non-essential systems disabled.

On the deserted bridge, Mikki looks around at the darkened crew stations, the empty captain's chair. So many dead.... is it over yet? She turns on the intercom, pleading with her fellow crewmembers to attend to the bridge, so they can reassure each other that they're all still alive.

Acknowledgements of her message come in from the various parts of the ship:

Dr. Schme: ACK.
Dr. Meisora: ACK.
Lt. Shmeashter: ACK.
Dr. Smart: ACK.

With cold dread, Mikki sits in the captain's chair to wait on her friend, Dr. Sparkle, to report in. After an hour, she leans over, putting her head in her hands, and weeps.
--
mortaine.
mikki

Postby mikki » Fri Jul 29, 2005 9:36 pm

*she looks over at Dr. Meisora* You are the other Evil here.. You are the one that needs to be taken off of the ship.. I know that everyone else is innocent and now it is your turn to die.. Dr. Meisora My choice is for you..
AoM

Postby AoM » Sat Jul 30, 2005 2:55 am

Oh hush, Mikki, you're going to wake the sleepers... *he smiles a toothy grin and without warning shoves her powerfully across the chamber*

Do you really think "voting" for anyone is going to help you now? *snorts incredulously* You should have taken my advice when you had the chance.
mikki

Postby mikki » Mon Aug 01, 2005 3:19 pm

*having the wind knocked out of her by being shoved into the wall, she tries to take deep breaths. once she has caught her breath, she talks softly* I had a feeling it was you and I should have said something sooner.. *she reaches for the loose pole behind her, grabbing it she swings it at him.*
AoM

Postby AoM » Tue Aug 02, 2005 2:15 am

*her swing lands against the side of his head with a sickening crunch, the force of the blow sending him crashing into the ship's side paneling.*

Oof... *thud*

*However, he shakes the wound off and moments later rises again; the bloody gash along his temple dissappearing before Mikki's eyes*

I'm going to enjoy killing you, Mikki. *he speaks in a hiss, with his fangs bared* I think I'll rip you open. Let you watch yourself be torn to pieces. *he advances slowly, more cautious of the pole that she's brandishing* I've been killing too efficiently... but I don't need to now. With you out of the way, I'll have all the time in the universe to dine on the sleepers. And of course... I'll have to return to pick up my master. *he begins to laugh* The only one you fools bothered to waste an escape pod on!

*he takes a swipe at her but misses as she dodges away*

I can still hear his voice commanding me... I'll rescue him, and we'll dine on these human cattle at our leisure!

*snarling he runs at her again*
Schme

Postby Schme » Mon Aug 08, 2005 8:02 pm

A grogy looking Schme stumbles into the place, looking pale and sick. Observing the scene, his face takes on an exepression of horror.

What's happening here?!
"One death is a tragedy, a million is just statistics."
Joseph Stalin
mortaine

Postby mortaine » Tue Aug 09, 2005 7:41 pm

Thump-a.

A minute passes.

Thump-a.

A day.

Thump-a.

A week.

Thum-

A lifetime.

Schme bursts into the bridge just in time to see Dr. Meisora's bloodied face pull away from the drained Mikki's neck. A look of shock, then horror crosses the xenolinguist's face as he turns to flee the carnage.

Meanwhile, two crew members, Dr. Smart and Lt. Shmeashter, remain locked away from the rest of the crew. Both have placed every available ship security lock onto their chambers-- they only hope it's enough to see them through.

They hear Dr. Schme's screams as he passes by their chambers, but both huddle further into their coccoons of denial and self-preservation. Chased, hunted, he runs through the ship, making for the only truly safe place he knows of--

The colony cargo hold.

He senses the monster behind him, the rushing wind of... wings? Death, certainly, bearing closer and closer. As he bolts through each portal, he locks it behind himself, using the security overrides that only he knows. He can hear the vampire behind him pounding on each door, rending the metal from its fixtures, breaking the glass.

Schme makes it to the colony cargo hold and overrides the lock. He is the only person who can do this, he knows, but the risk is tremendous-- each lock he uses weakens the encryption-- he will need to de-activate the rest of the ship's locks to safe himself and the colonists.

He spares a moment--only a moment-- to think of the two crewmen locked in their chambers. Then, with a sense of urgency and the roaring of a vampire in full blood-hunt striking his ears like an assault, he keys the override.

The door slides shut just as Dr. Meisora turns the corner into the cargo airlock. The colonists, and Schme, are safe.

Back on the bridge, Mikki lies on the ground, blood pooling beneath her neck. She is still breathing, but not for much longer. Her hand reaches up to key in a command, and she realizes that, for the first time, her Ensign rank in the Space Service is finally useful for something.

"Authorization Ensign Mikki," she gasps. "Begin self-destruct sequence. Thirty seconds."

A crackle in the overhead PA system is all the notice any crewman will receive-- the ship's voice system went defunct during the last stasis cycle.

Somewhere on this ship, the killer hunts poor Schme. Will it be enough? Has she.... has she saved anything?

She's still wondering when the lights go very bright.

STARDATE 09.08.2045.
CRAFT: The Charles Darwin, Military Vessel.
MISSION: Salvage and Rescue
CREW MANIFEST: 19 senior crew, 1 AI
DRIVE TYPE: Hyperspace jump drive requiring crew stasis during jumps.

Captain log: We salvaged the cargo hold of The Stephen Carr two days ago. Dr. Schme, the ship's xenolinguist, is the only crew member to have survived the mutiny and ship's destruction, and I must confess, his story of vampires hunting during stasis seems dubious at best. We have confined him to the brig for the time being, but our ship's counsellor is also speaking to him.

Fortunately, the ship's cargo of 138 colonists survived, although it appears four of the colonists perished sometime during the expedition. These long-range colony ships are never without risk.

We've made a course adjustment towards the planetary body where Captain Surly of The Stephen Carr was jettisoned during the mutiny. Hopefully, he can shed some saner light into these events....

Game over. Tie game. Well-played, folks. Sorry for the delay in processing the finale. Please feel free to discuss here or in the OOC thread how the events transpired.

Bonus points to anyone who can identify the source material used in this scenario.
--

mortaine.
Sparkle

Postby Sparkle » Tue Aug 09, 2005 7:46 pm

I was the second to last to be killed. I am proud I lasted that long. :D
a day without cantr, is a day spent in bed convulsing and suffering from withdrawl
Schme

Postby Schme » Tue Aug 09, 2005 8:44 pm

Nice, Mortaine.

Much better than the ending I had in mind. It involved a nine millimetre pistol and the end thing from "Dopeman".

Can't say I know where you got the ending thing from, but it does seem awfully familiar.

Joseph Stalin
Pie

Postby Pie » Tue Aug 09, 2005 9:01 pm

I'M PLAYING IN THE NEXT GAME!*sniker sniker*am i? PLEAS????? *looks up to mortaine With puss in the boot eyes*sniker sniker**
Pnumerical Intuitiong Engyn
Paranormal Investigation Exorsism
Porcupine Interspecies Extra_poison
Pick In Enter

... The headquarters of P.I.E.!!!
Sparkle

Postby Sparkle » Tue Aug 09, 2005 9:04 pm

Me too! Me too!!! Me tooooo!!!!!!

So...who's Moding the next game? *looks around for takers*
a day without cantr, is a day spent in bed convulsing and suffering from withdrawl
Pie

Postby Pie » Tue Aug 09, 2005 9:09 pm

what does moding mean?
Pnumerical Intuitiong Engyn

Paranormal Investigation Exorsism

Porcupine Interspecies Extra_poison

Pick In Enter

... The headquarters of P.I.E.!!!
AoM

Postby AoM » Tue Aug 09, 2005 10:59 pm

*growls* Foiled at the last! :evil:

Oh well, I guess it makes the ending a bit more hollywood. Having the bad guy win totallly would just make it sad. Bravo mortaine. And no one can fault you for borrowing a few ideals from Event Horizon. Mikki makes a fine Denzel Washington. :wink:

I MIGHT be interested in moding the next game but I would prefer to defer to anyone who hasn't had a chance yet.
mortaine

Postby mortaine » Tue Aug 09, 2005 11:09 pm

Pie: "Modding" refers to playing the moderator, which is what I did in this game.

AoM: I tried to make the ending a decent enough tie, neither Mikki nor Dr. M surviving, and leaving the possibility of Team Evil winning after all (since Schme wasn't there when you admitted to Mikki that the Captain Really Was the lord, I figured Schme wouldn't be able to say definitively to the new captain, and wouldn't be believed anyway.... muahahahah).

Also: the "source material" referred to is not the inspiration of the ending (which is, let's be honest, the ending of about 75% of the bad sci fi movies out there), but rather the source of the entire setting/scenario, which is much harder, I think, to identify.
--

mortaine.
Schme

Postby Schme » Wed Aug 10, 2005 7:45 pm

I see.

Joseph Stalin

Return to “Forum Games”