CFWWG3 - Game over, werewolves won

Forum to play non-Cantr related games on the forum

Moderators: Public Relations Department, Players Department

SekoETC

Postby SekoETC » Sat Mar 12, 2005 1:43 pm

Ha, actually I was going to suggest that AoM be the mod next time since you were so eagerly interfering with my moderating... And devil would indeed be a nice option, which hasn't been tried before. A Vigilante would also be a nice option, someone who has a power to kill for what they think is right.
If the roles are kept secret, there's a chance of stuffing several different ones in. The only problem is that the more there are roles, the more time it takes to wait for everyone to post their selections and reply to them. But still the biggest job really was dealing out the roles in the beginning, and making sure they go to the right people - wouldn't wanna repeat farmer's mistake in the very first attempt that was screwed up because of accidentally revealing a werewolf's identity to someone else.
Not-so-sad panda
mortaine

Postby mortaine » Sat Mar 12, 2005 3:23 pm

I have to bow out of the next game-- we're closing escrow on our house on Friday (I hope), and I'm going to be moving and fixing up this house to sell over the course of the next 2 weeks.
--
mortaine.
AoM

Postby AoM » Sat Mar 12, 2005 5:04 pm

:oops: Sorry Seko. In my game, anyone can feel free to pm me with death throes, dramatic last stands, duels, calling of names, particularly memorable lynchings and I'll try to implement them.

How does a vigilante work?
Nixit

Postby Nixit » Sat Mar 12, 2005 5:21 pm

I dunno. I kinda like it the way it is with only two roles other than the werewolves... it's rather simple even if it is harder.
Just because you're older, smarter, stronger, more talented... doesn't mean you're BETTER.
SekoETC

Postby SekoETC » Sat Mar 12, 2005 8:44 pm

Vigilante is a good guy given a chance to kill one person every night. Trying to kill the wolves but does not know their identities so pretty much working on instinct unless helped by the seer. The logics are a bit shady, why doesn't he just shoot the furry ones and be off with it? But maybe he just wakes up early and kills people when they're sleeping. Oh, and having a devil to fool the vigilante might cause a nice chaos. If a wolf and the vigilante attack each other the same night then the wolf will win.
Not-so-sad panda
AoM

Postby AoM » Sat Mar 12, 2005 10:46 pm

Then assuming we have the same amount of people playing (13), howabout we play with 2 wolves, a seer, a devil, and a vigilante. I know that that's a lot of roles, but I think it'll be good. And with the vigilante, it's bound to be an even quicker game, so those who get knocked out right away won't have to wait as long for a new game.
Surly

Postby Surly » Sat Mar 12, 2005 10:49 pm

We may as well try... if it doesn't work, then we simply forget it ever happened and revert to the tried and tested methods. :roll:

If your moderating, AoM, how about starting a new thread so people know?

And any CD people, you can probably remove the stickyness from this thread now that it is finished.
Formerly known as "The Surly Cantrian"
Former CD chair, former MD chair, former RD member, former Personnel Officer, former GAB member.
Revanael

Postby Revanael » Sun Mar 13, 2005 1:38 pm

De-stickyed.
Surly

Postby Surly » Sun Mar 13, 2005 2:52 pm

Thanks Rev. :)

EDIT: What a low-key 400th post... :roll:
Former CD chair, former MD chair, former RD member, former Personnel Officer, former GAB member.
Okud

Postby Okud » Sun Mar 13, 2005 6:36 pm

I'm sorry that we lost :( I tried my best. It was quite hard to play sometimes, with the lag. Good job from the werewolves, both survived, right?
TatteredShoeLace

Postby TatteredShoeLace » Sun Mar 13, 2005 6:45 pm

Indeed. And your death was avenged well I thought, Nick got what he deserved. :twisted:
Nick

Postby Nick » Sun Mar 13, 2005 7:31 pm

Does that mean I was on the right track?
AoM

Postby AoM » Sun Mar 13, 2005 9:40 pm

Perhaps. If you suspected us, then I guess you were on the right track. All that mattered was that we thought you were potentially dangereous, so we took you out.

And it turns out to be a good thing too, b/c Surly was going to view you that very night.
Surly

Postby Surly » Sun Mar 13, 2005 9:46 pm

I did view him. Which made it even more frustrating... wasting a viewing on a dead guy. Grrr... :evil:

Return to “Forum Games”