Cantr Forum Werewolf Game 2 OOC GAME DISCUSSION

Forum to play non-Cantr related games on the forum

Moderators: Public Relations Department, Players Department

mortaine

Postby mortaine » Thu Feb 10, 2005 5:56 pm

Wow!

I totally thought Rev was the last werewolf, if Nixit wasn't it.

Good job, Swymir! I would never have figured it out in time on my own!

Edit to add: Should we post all the whisperings that went on behind the scenes?
--
mortaine.
AoM

Postby AoM » Thu Feb 10, 2005 7:41 pm

maybe we could all just paraphrase what we whispered.
Nixit

Postby Nixit » Thu Feb 10, 2005 10:24 pm

Very fun... I'd like to play again, but I kinda don't like how some people are so quiet on purpose when they're really the werewolf, it's better if everyone's active.
Just because you're older, smarter, stronger, more talented... doesn't mean you're BETTER.
swymir

Postby swymir » Thu Feb 10, 2005 10:51 pm

I wasn't quite on purpose. I didn't have too much time to get on. The last day I had to send in who I was going to kill early. Soical Moth was just completely inactive. That was a lot of rounds to try to survive through and I only had 1 more to go. Kind of dissapointed.
"My mind works like lightning, one brilliant flash and it's gone."
swymir

Postby swymir » Thu Feb 10, 2005 10:53 pm

I didn't wisper much at all during the game either. My "partner" was inactive and I wasn't sure who the seer was until the last two days and by then it was a little late to pose as the seer.
"My mind works like lightning, one brilliant flash and it's gone."
mortaine

Postby mortaine » Thu Feb 10, 2005 11:51 pm

I think you did an amazing job, all things considered. In a way, it was almost reverse-werewolf. Typically in Werewolf, the wolves start with the advantage that they know each other to be trustworthy and that they aren't going to accidentally kill one another.

In this game, though, you were at a disadvantage from the start, because your other wolf was asleep, so you had no one to help manipulate the votes with, no one to trust, basically, in the social part of the game.

And the disadvantage heightened when I found out that Surly was the other seer on the very first night, because now there were two players who could trust each other (more or less-- there was always about a 5% chance that one of us was a wolf lying to the fool). And we quickly got at least one other person to trust and vote with us.

So you were one against 13, with no fewer than three of us trusting each other as a voting alliance.

Frankly, I am DAMN impressed. You almost won the game, and ironically, if you hadn't killed me, you might have really won (I would have looked to Nixit that night, then Revanael the night following, and even then, I would have suspected mikki, I think, before you).

My hat (flourish) is off to you, definitely. :D
--

mortaine.
mortaine

Postby mortaine » Thu Feb 10, 2005 11:55 pm

Nixit wrote:Very fun... I'd like to play again, but I kinda don't like how some people are so quiet on purpose when they're really the werewolf, it's better if everyone's active.

Well, I think that anyone can be quiet in the game, but that the werewolves and the seers should be actively participating-- it's really hard on the wolves to have one of them not be active at all, even if they never say anything to the group as a whole.
--

mortaine.
SekoETC

Postby SekoETC » Fri Feb 11, 2005 12:35 am

Too bad I didn't understand much watching it all from the outside practically almost all the time, being dead. I never suspected Swymir either, by the end I was sure Rev was a werewolf. Wasn't, but it seemed likely. Near the end it was easy to see who's the seer and who's the fool, though I did have the thought mortaine might have scanned me on first night. (She was the only one to PM me.)
Not-so-sad panda
AoM

Postby AoM » Fri Feb 11, 2005 3:34 am

I was pulled into the voting block of the seer and fool on the second day... ironically, I was eaten that following night, and I immediately thought that I had been lied to by Mortaine. Which of course wasn't true.

One advantage that Swymer did have with social moth being asleep was that he didn't have any dead giveaways of werewolfism. He wasn't involved in any active voting blocks.

Still very impressive. Had me fooled up to the last day, and even then, it was only gut instinct that I figured it was you. Good job! :D

So what are the plans for the next game? Is Seko still interested in moderating? What kind of roles are we going to include? A baner might be fun...

~AoM
mikki

Postby mikki » Fri Feb 11, 2005 4:50 am

Well I have to say, that was a great game.. I didn't have anyone PM me until the last lynching.. Surly said he knew I was innocent and that he knew it was one out of two people.. I had a gut feeling that Rev was innocent and so I stuck with him in the end.. Really funny though that I was the one that had the determining vote.. I truthfully didn't think I would survive.. Swymir. it didn't cross my mind until the end that you could be the werewolf.. You did a wonderful job.. :wink:
formerly known as hf

Postby formerly known as hf » Fri Feb 11, 2005 11:48 am

mortaine wrote:
Nixit wrote:Very fun... I'd like to play again, but I kinda don't like how some people are so quiet on purpose when they're really the werewolf, it's better if everyone's active.

Well, I think that anyone can be quiet in the game, but that the werewolves and the seers should be actively participating-- it's really hard on the wolves to have one of them not be active at all, even if they never say anything to the group as a whole.

*nods*

Considering that the next game will be the third - and that the same people will probably be playing - it might be best not to have randomly distributed roles - so that the active players, and maybe those who haven't had special roles before get a chance...

but...
If that reasoning was made public - it'd be an easy way to work out who is most likely to be a werewolf/seer
Whoever you vote for.

The government wins.
SekoETC

Postby SekoETC » Fri Feb 11, 2005 1:45 pm

If you don't think that's discrimination then we might only accept players that have have a reasonable post count.

Yes I'm still interested in moderating. I was also thinking of including a baner. Do you think that's enough for special roles or do you want more? Devil might be an interesting option too.
Not-so-sad panda
SekoETC

Postby SekoETC » Fri Feb 11, 2005 2:02 pm

Oh and having people posting both here and the last game topic makes it a bit hard to follow. But I don't think a topic for the new game should be started yet since otherwise it might turn into another ooc pre-discussion. So shall we take the enrollment here? Avatar of of Meisora, Nixit, TatteredShoeLace and The Surly Cantrian said in the other topic that they want to play. And Farmer too, right, of course you are? How about the others?
Not-so-sad panda
Surly

Postby Surly » Fri Feb 11, 2005 2:47 pm

mortaine wrote: You almost won the game, and ironically, if you hadn't killed me, you might have really won (I would have looked to Nixit that night, then Revanael the night following, and even then, I would have suspected mikki, I think, before you).

Really? I would have voted to lynch Swymir if you had told me Nixit was innocent... for the simple reason he didn't vote for social moth. I honestly thought that if you survived that night (which to be honest was never going to happen) we'd win. *shrugs* Ah, well.

Of course, I viewed Rev first. I may have been the fool (which I knew from the failed Neelix lynching), but I trusted that vision for some reason.
Incidentally Rev and Mikki, did you vote for Swymir because I asked you to, or for some other reason? I'd be interested to know.

Again, it was a damn fun game... Let's go again!

And with a devil. That'll be cool. :twisted:
Formerly known as "The Surly Cantrian"
Former CD chair, former MD chair, former RD member, former Personnel Officer, former GAB member.
Neelix

Postby Neelix » Fri Feb 11, 2005 3:24 pm

It was an interesting game indeed. Although I kinda messed my chances up in my opening post and got sidelined early on...never had contact with other players outside of the forum thread..

But I'd like to have a go again :)
"We apologize for the inconvenience" (See "The Hitchhikers Guide to the Galaxy")

Return to “Forum Games”