V vs. W II: The Sequel (Early Retirement)

Forum to play non-Cantr related games on the forum

Moderators: Public Relations Department, Players Department

formerly known as hf

Postby formerly known as hf » Fri Jan 20, 2006 12:36 am

I didn't really want to pronounce the death of the game, but it's beginning to smell a bit mouldy...
Whoever you vote for.

The government wins.
Leo Luncid

Postby Leo Luncid » Fri Jan 20, 2006 3:09 am

Well, I think it's not dead yet. It just needs a new makeover. :)

Still seeing if AoM would like to continue this game or not...
Notice how weak and petty we are / In the grand fixture we come afar / Hey we can't help it / No denying the prerequisite for love / Your very existence / You're the source of my substenance / Slow down take your time and feel the / Flow
SekoETC

Postby SekoETC » Fri Jan 20, 2006 1:49 pm

It ain't getting nowhere, right from the start there was already three people inactive and it's hard to remember what your character knows and what not when some things have been discussed while you where out of the room.
Not-so-sad panda
AoM

Postby AoM » Sat Jan 21, 2006 8:23 am

The comatose state of this game has occured for a number of reasons.

Firstly, the fluid story-driven aspect of it died out when most people did not talk after the first action cycle. I'll admit that was a little disheartening especially after all the effort put into the beginning part by everyone.

Secondly, and without naming anyone in particular, I have still not received all orders from the specialty roles, and without them, the game is going to fail anyways.

Thirdly, during the holiday break my grandmother fell ill and then a week later passed away, and so I was away from the computer and cantr life for a sporadic two and a half week period. (Just as I had vowed to liven up the game again, I got the bad news and had to attend the funeral, etc.) Now I know that this is a lame sob story excuse, because it didn't stop me from playing cantr or the other forum games altogether, but it certainly took some of the energy out of my attention span for this game and the others. (As anyone who knows my cantr characters can observe, there's been an obvious lack of RP with them in the past month due to the same problem.)

Fourthly, perhaps Seko is right and the game setup is too confusing. It was an experiment in combining storytelling with WWG, and I guess it might not have been working.

If the people involved in the game are still reading and still want to give it a go, say so here. Or if you'd rather start over with a simpler game, you could say that too.

If this ends up dying, then I apologize to the active people who did everything right, RP'd well, and got into the storyline. You know who you are. This game has potential, I'll swear by that, but interest levels need to be high on all accounts to keep it moving well.
AoM

Postby AoM » Fri Feb 10, 2006 11:02 pm

It is with sad regret that I announce the obvious death of this game. A dark chapter in the Cantr Forum Games history, to be sure.

Nalaris seems eager to start a new one up, and perhaps his youthful enthusiam will carry into a successful game.

HF or any other mod capable of doing so, please unsticky the main thread, so that we can let it rest in peace. Thank you.
formerly known as hf

Postby formerly known as hf » Sat Feb 11, 2006 12:51 am

I don't think too much should be read into its demise. It was situated over a period of particular inactivity for most users on the forum.
Whoever you vote for.

The government wins.
SekoETC

Postby SekoETC » Sat Feb 11, 2006 1:12 am

So, reveal the roles?
Not-so-sad panda
AoM

Postby AoM » Sat Feb 11, 2006 2:46 am

BlueNine - Werewolf
El Skwidd - Werewolf Leader

Leo Luncid - Vampire
H. Farmer - Vampire Leader

Mr. Penguin - Hero
AoM

Postby AoM » Sat Feb 11, 2006 2:58 am

Guessing from the activity levels, the vampires were likely to win. They had guessed one of the werewolves' identities (El Skwidd), and were about to kill him had the game continued. Problem was that El Skwidd was the more active of the two werewolves, and when he stopped posting it really drove a stake through the game's heart. Mr. Penguin did all right as a hero, he was about to make someone a Warder. But with a lot of the innocents not being active, and the werewolves not challenging, the vampires were likely to win.

Return to “Forum Games”